• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Chatin

Midnight opening at Edmonton West location? Why not Edmonton Central? At least using Robson for the midnight launch in Vancouver makes sense.

Guess I'll be getting my PS4 at 8AM.

Omlagus

Got my copy of Knack yesterday, and Killzone is supposed to be delivered today. That's from Best Buy.

So I have a tiny smidgen of hope that I will get my PS4 on the 15th.

Ah, who am I kidding? It's not going to come until the Monday.

woromatt

Neo Member
Has anyone preordered KZ: Shadowfall from bestbuy.ca? I just checked my order and it says the game in out of stock and when you check the games page online it says item available on back order. Has this happened to anyone else with either a best buy or future shop web order?

torontoml

So my item status for my preorder of killzone from the futureshop e3 sale has changed from preorder to out of stock. I guess I'm shit out of luck for getting that for awhile eh.

Edit: good timing for the post above I guess.

jcutner

Hmm. My Killzone order says "out of stock" and it didn't ship from FS. Not a great sign...
Preordered during E3 with the 3 for $40 each thing.

Ondore

If you're getting Soul Sacrifice on PS+ this month, there's 10 pieces of free DLC on the store you can get beforehand.

He got back to me a day later.

All my YIS goes into this :) I will be checking the PS4 page on the site religiously for the next little bit. BTW how should I go about signing up for Paypal. What are some things I should be aware of?

Not sure what you mean. By the way, I don't know if the PayPal promotion will apply to accounts created after October 24th.

I have no idea why all my games are being shipped from Mississauga to Edmonton from Future Shop.

Kinda makes me sad that PS4 will follow the same route :(

FrsDvl

Killzone isn't out of stock, they just haven't gotten it in yet. Knack was the same, showed as out of stock for a good week. In due they'll ship it out soon. Killzone said out of stock 2 days ago, then they changed the date to today.

I have no idea why all my games are being shipped from Mississauga to Edmonton from Future Shop.

Kinda makes me sad that PS4 will follow the same route :(

That's odd. Did you order then before you moved to Edmonton and changed the address once you did move? I guess that could be it.. Cause I'm in Edmonton and both CoD and Knack are coming from Richmond

torontoml

Killzone isn't out of stock, they just haven't gotten it in yet. Knack was the same, showed as out of stock for a good week. In due they'll ship it out soon. Killzone said out of stock 2 days ago, then they changed the date to today.
The release date has been listed as the 6th for about a week and a half now.

What's more annoying is that when I go to FutureShop.ca and look at my order page at the status of Knack, it says out of stock. Yet the website itself clearly says in stock, and my local store has it in stock as well. So...this kind of makes me worried about them being able to fulfill the volume of orders they got during the E3 sale.

Still, I can't fathom why the site says in stock, yet they aren't shipping out orders.

Only COD and DS4 should be delivered today, no Killzone or Knack has shipped, I've not been even charged for them!! Yeah I know FS will have a way to fu** things up even though I stayed away from them in my PS4 preorder!

Anteros

Neo Member
Well, fuck.

Apparently there was a code on a receipt for activating my Gameinformer subscription. I had no idea. Dumped the receipt days ago.

My receipt didn't have anything on it.

However, I got an email saying that the new issue of Game Informer was available so I went to the site linked in the email and reset the password using the email address I provided when I switched to the Edge Platinum card. It worked and I was able to log in after.

I guess the system automatically signs you up?

However, I got an email saying that the new issue of Game Informer was available so I went to the site linked in the email and reset the password using the email address I provided when I switched to the Edge Platinum card. It worked and I was able to log in after.

Is there any iPad friendly version? Newsstand maybe?

Flawless victory.

Thanks!

Edit: Just checked RefFlag and people have had their Killzone ship from FS for arrival tomorrow.

I mentioned this a few days ago but didn't provide a link.

Future Shop Next Gen Order FAQ.

Hi everyone,

We have received lots of questions regarding the upcoming next generation consoles. So, we compiled the FAQs to keep you in the loop:

I pre-ordered online or in-store, so am I guaranteed a unit on day 1?
Absolutely! If you have pre-ordered with us you are guaranteed a console.

Will there be extra units available on launch day if I didn’t pre-order?
We will have limited quantities available on launch day for those customers who didn't get a chance to pre-oder. Please note that quantities will vary on each location. We are expecting lineups at the stores before opening.

Is there enough inventory to cover all of the in-store pre-orders?
Yes, there is enough inventory to cover all in-store pre orders.

If I pre-ordered online, can I come in to a store and pick my console up?
Unfortunately you can't in-store pick up is only for in-store preorders. If you preordered online, your console will arrive in the mail.

If I pre-ordered online when will my unit arrive?
Our guarantee is to ship your console as soon as possible after we receive it from the manufacturer. Having said that, we will try our very best to get your console to your door on day one, however this is not guaranteed. A lot of factors play into delivery times such as weather, traffic, stat holidays, delivery location, etc.

Will you have midnight openings?
We sure do! For the PS4 release we have a select number of stores we midninght openings, also ALL of our stores will be opening early (8am) on November 15. More info here.

Do you have any further questions? Please do not hesitate to post it and the team will do our best to answer it!
Social Community Coordinator
twitter.com/FS_Connect

woromatt

Neo Member
so with all the crazy going on with Walamart.com and the Samsung tv prices, think I could walk into walamart here and get them to price match if I have a screen of an order confirmation with has price and a receipt from today that has the price?

Oh the woes of being Canadian, we rarely get the fun deals :(

so with all the crazy going on with Walamart.com and the Samsung tv prices, think I could walk into walamart here and get them to price match if I have a screen of an order confirmation with has price and a receipt from today that has the price?

Oh the woes of being Canadian, we rarely get the fun deals :(

What deals on TVs are you referring to?

That's odd. Did you order then before you moved to Edmonton and changed the address once you did move? I guess that could be it.. Cause I'm in Edmonton and both CoD and Knack are coming from Richmond

Yeah I orderrd during E3 and just moved to Edmonton last week.

I guess same thing would happen to my ps4 order as well?

Bruiserk

Got my copy of Knack yesterday, and Killzone is supposed to be delivered today. That's from Best Buy.

So I have a tiny smidgen of hope that I will get my PS4 on the 15th.

Ah, who am I kidding? It's not going to come until the Monday.

Do you live in an area where there delivery is within 1 day?

So now it's official that FS fucked up knack preorders and they didn't have stock for everyone, mine hasn't even been charged for and it's freakin out of stock!
Same applies for KZ:SF!
Just got my DS4, COD is supposedly in my mailbox but I'm lazy to pick it up now!

So now it's official that FS fucked up knack preorders and they didn't have stock for everyone, mine hasn't even been charged for and it's freakin out of stock!
Same applies for KZ:SF!
Just got my DS4, COD is supposedly in my mailbox but I'm lazy to pick it up now!

The same is happening with my Knack. I think they are just now starting to fill online preorders. Might take a day or two to get to everyone. It's obnoxious though, since the actual Knack page on the site has it in stock for people to purchase. I don't need it right this second, but I'll be annoyed if mine doesn't ship out by the PS4 launch.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I don't understand why people are freaking out about PS4 game preorders. The system isn't releasing for at least another week.

Luigi87

Anyone have experience with VideoGamesPlus shipping times?
I ordered from them last week, and it shipped out on the 29th, but still has yet to arrive.
I live in Ontario, same as their locations, so I'm surprised it is taking so long.

I don't understand why people are freaking out about PS4 game preorders. The system itself is releasing in over a week.

Overhype.

I'm experiencing it.

Also, I really like to get my games ahead of time so they are sitting at home when I go to pick up my system.

The same is happening with my Knack. I think they are just now starting to fill online preorders. Might take a day or two to get to everyone. It's obnoxious though, since the actual Knack page on the site has it in stock for people to purchase. I don't need it right this second, but I'll be annoyed if mine doesn't ship out by the PS4 launch.

Nobody needs it right now but if they're gonna ship the game to some people they should do the same to everyone. It's easy to pick the game up in store for the full amount then return the online copy when it comes with the in store receipt for a refund but I wish I won't need that!

FrsDvl

Anyone have experience with VideoGamesPlus shipping times?
I ordered from them last week, and it shipped out on the 29th, but still has yet to arrive.
I live in Ontario, same as their locations, so I'm surprised it is taking so long.

Shouldn't take that long.. It takes a week for them to ship to Edmonton. I'd contact them if i were you, stuff might have got lost in the mail ( happened to me once ) they'll replace it for free, if that's the case.

Mayyhem

Whoa, seen the EB/FS midnight launch news for PS4, that sucks. I was worried it would be the same for Xbox One (since that's the console I pre-ordered). Luckily FS says they are having midnight launches at all stores for X1. Phew. I wonder why the difference?

Tried to add it to cart but out of stock :(

You MIGHT have luck with price matching at Futureshop, Best Buy, or Walmart, not sure if The Source carries it, but they might require a flyer anyway (had to get a Wii U that way).

Luck depends on how far an employee will go to verify like CLICKING the page or just that search listing is good enough.

When I called Staples they were certain that no store of theirs will match it, the fuck? You goofed, you stand by it. :/

Top Bottom