• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Zing

Banned
In anticipation of target B2G1 weekend, I bought three Wii U games with intent to get price adjust this weekend.

Luigi87

Shouldn't take that long.. It takes a week for them to ship to Edmonton. I'd contact them if i were you, stuff might have got lost in the mail ( happened to me once ) they'll replace it for free, if that's the case.

Alrighty, thanks. I may do that. It is getting quite concerning at this point.

In anticipation of target B2G1 weekend, I bought three Wii U games with intent to get price adjust this weekend.

I don't think you can price adjust a b2g1 deal because the items aren't technically at a lower price, you're just getting one for free.

I don't think you can price adjust a b2g1 deal because the items aren't technically at a lower price, you're just getting one for free.

He'll get the adjustment. They'll end up refunding everything and have him re-purchase from a gift card.

They'll do this because there's nothing stopping him from simply returning the games if he's denied.

ohlawd

wow $10 for 2TB. Man if that were the standard price for hard drives HNNNNG if only...

Makes the $65 I spent for a 1TB months ago look dumb :(

Lexxism

My receipt didn't have anything on it.

However, I got an email saying that the new issue of Game Informer was available so I went to the site linked in the email and reset the password using the email address I provided when I switched to the Edge Platinum card. It worked and I was able to log in after.

I guess the system automatically signs you up?

Sweet thanks. I didn't know that will work.

Zing

Banned
He'll get the adjustment. They'll end up refunding everything and have him re-purchase from a gift card.

They'll do this because there's nothing stopping him from simply returning the games if he's denied.

Exactly. I'm keeping the games sealed until then just in case.

I couldn't find a third game I wanted to keep, so I just picked an extra game to sell.

How was the shipping? Was it fast?

Their shipping isn't that fast, they shipped my item on Monday and it's expected to be delivered in Calgary on Wednesday the 13th!
So it's around 10 days!
Also customer service is very bad, it took them 3 weeks to process an exchange for an item I bought, and it only happened because I emailed their CEO!!!

Their shipping isn't that fast, they shipped my item on Monday and it's expected to be delivered in Calgary on Wednesday the 13th!
So it's around 10 days!
Also customer service is very bad, it took them 3 weeks to process an exchange for an item I bought, and it only happened because I emailed their CEO!!!
There was a glitch in the system that caused some orders to not get processed. Also, customer service has been absolutely swamped since the PayPal promos began. They've hired more support people here and streamlined some processes, response time should be much better now. :)

Edit: also, different items ship from different suppliers. Make sure you take note of the ship time on the product page . It's not very clear and we're working on updates to make it more obvious. In general, all video games should ship from the same supplier though.

ohlawd

that walmart.com thread is freaking hilarious. I would have jumped on $18 games in a heartbeat but nope they don't ship here.

Does anyone here use Shop.ca?

I got some orders there. The recent promos with paypal and ebates have been really, really good if you could find items that match or are below retail. Nice referral program too so if you wanna make me a few extra bucks pm me before making an account.

Lexxism

So it's around 10 days!

Ordered on the 28th, and it arrived on the 31st.

How do you guys track the order? I did get a shipping number but I don't know where to put it :lol Also, I ordered something from them last Oct 3rd and I haven't received my item yet! (I know that I ordered something cheap but STILL!)

that walmart.com thread is freaking hilarious. I would have jumped on $18 games in a heartbeat but nope they don't ship here.

Never mind the $18 games. I'll buy the $300 65" Samsung Smart TV.

Sora_N

20131106_140530_zps26ac5d72.jpg

No manual in Lumines lol, can't argue for 7.50.

How do you guys track the order? I did get a shipping number but I don't know where to put it :lol Also, I ordered something from them last Oct 3rd and I haven't received my item yet! (I know that I ordered something cheap but .

You copy the number and put it in Canada Post tracking web page. They just don't link it to Canada post :)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How do you guys track the order? I did get a shipping number but I don't know where to put it :lol Also, I ordered something from them last Oct 3rd and I haven't received my item yet! (I know that I ordered something cheap but STILL!)

Never mind the $18 games. I'll buy the $300 65" Samsung Smart TV.

They emailed me the shipping info, and there was a link to track it that took me right to the page on UPS.

BB has just sent me an email that they reduced my order for Zelda: LBW to one copy down from two :(
I ordered the second one for a US fella who has been looking for help on this thread a couple days ago! I remember they had thre limit set as 3 copies.

Lexxism

You copy the number and put it in Canada Post tracking web page. They just don't link it to Canada post :)

They emailed me the shipping info, and there was a link to track it that took me right to the page on UPS.

Shop.ca took 3 days to process and less than a day to deliver to toronto, for those of you wondering.

I see. I can't check mine on canadapost or ups. They probably used different shipping company because it was a cheap order :lol But anyway, I'll probably order something from them if NBA2k14 shows up for PS4 and another usable game for me to use the $50 off.

djblue89

Anyone got their copy shipped of Killzone Shadow Fall shipped from Futureshop ? It says OOS... Hopefully this does not happen with their online console pre-orders.

Just picked up my copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall from EB.

They let me know that they have their allocation numbers for the store. From 300 preorders, 250 are now guaranteed to be getting the console. The other 50 will have to wait a little longer. Apparently they were never guaranteed one at launch anyways.

They said they would have 0 extra consoles for walk-ins. All preorders.

Lexxism

Is that day 1? That's a pretty big numbers. Maybe I should ask EB tomorrow if I'm guaranteed day 1 when I pre-order mine last June.

My local Wal-Mart had Knack, CoD: Ghosts and Killzone all on shelves ready to be purchased. Probably known but thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Is that day 1? That's a pretty big numbers. Maybe I should ask EB tomorrow if I'm guaranteed day 1 when I pre-order mine last June.

That's Day 1 allocation.

If you preordered last June you should definitely be getting one.

I'm not sure how EB holds 250 consoles in their backroom though.

Dazzler

Would it be so hard for FS/BB to let people know that pre-ordered before a specific date that they'd be getting a PS4 at launch

hoping for an email before the weekend

djblue89

Would it be so hard for FS/BB to let people know that pre-ordered before a specific date that they'd be getting a PS4 at launch

hoping for an email before the weekend

This is why a friend and I are going to line-up early at either Target or Futureshop to make sure we get it on Friday.

MercuryLS

Banned
I've got COD: Ghosts here just waiting to be played on the PS4 :(

Also FS screwed me, I've had Killzone:SF ordered since E3 and they're out of stock, they didn't ship my copy :/

Lexxism

Here's the list of flyers this coming Friday. Too lazy to post it here :p

*$40 credit when you trade-in PS4 and Xbone games till Jan 2nd.

That's Day 1 allocation.

If you preordered last June you should definitely be getting one.

I'm not sure how EB holds 250 consoles in their backroom though.

Hopefully they won't screw my PS4 since I'll be getting mine in the afternoon after my work. I have no time for midnight launch.

Top Bottom