• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Here's the list of flyers this coming Friday. Too lazy to post it here :p

*$40 credit when you trade-in PS4 and Xbone games till Jan 2nd.

Hopefully they won't screw my PS4 since I'll be getting mine in the afternoon after my work. I have no time for midnight launch.

Give them a call. EBgames.ca even suggests confirming with your store before going in at launch. They should have their numbers now.

AFAIK, as long as you have a preorder you have a console held for you at least 48 hours after launch.

Here's the list of flyers this coming Friday. Too lazy to post it here :p

*$40 credit when you trade-in PS4 and Xbone games till Jan 2nd.

Hopefully they won't screw my PS4 since I'll be getting mine in the afternoon after my work. I have no time for midnight launch.

On my phone and lazy to open the flyers: this trade in guarantee at which store? All games are accepted?
If so I'll just keep all my E3 games and try them all knowing I may only lose the taxes :D no need to pick what I keep and what not.

On my phone and lazy to open the flyers: this trade in guarantee at which store? All games are accepted?
If so I'll just keep all my E3 games and try them all knowing I may only lose the taxes :D no need to pick what I keep and what not.

FS/BB are guarenteeing $40 trade in value on next-gen games until Jan 2nd.

Not bad. I know there are at least a couple I will be done with in that window.

OK, Update on the PS4 + Killzone + PS plus bundle on shop.ca.

It should go on sale around 7:30am ET Tomorrow (Thursday). Might be a slight delay but should definitely be available before 8am.

Here's the link to the page where you'll be able to purchase it: http://www.shop.ca/c/sony-playstati...ion-plus-pre-order:-ships-by-december-9th-201

Ship date says December 9th, but I'm told that is really being on the safe side, and it should ship around December 3rd.

There are no cancellations on this order.

It only comes with 1 controller.

There are also no promo codes applicable on this order. That means you can't use coupon codes like "SAVE15". But you should still be able to apply your $25 sign-up bonus, other rewards you've earned, and the $25 PayPal bonus.

UberTag

FS/BB are guarenteeing $40 trade in value on next-gen games until Jan 2nd.

Not bad. I know there are at least a couple I will be done with in that window.
They are going to be flooded with copies of Knack.
Such an obvious candidate of a game that will be played out by then, has no multiplayer and has no chance for meaningful DLC of any kind.

Grimsen

Good, I was iffy on getting BF4 for 40$, but if I can sell it back for 40$ credit it's all good.

I'm also gonna get Knack for 40$ at eb, and return it once I finish it, unless it blows my son's mind.

I was hoping for a straight-up trade for xcom enemy within next week, but this is even better.

Good, I was iffy on getting BF4 for 40$, but if I can sell it back for 40$ credit it's all good.

I'm also gonna get Knack for 40$ at eb, and return it once I finish it, unless it blows my son's mind.

I was hoping for a straight-up trade for xcom enemy within next week, but this is even better.

The guaranteed trade in value is at FS and BB, nobody mentioned that EB has the same offer so you might need to check first!

Quick

Banned
What are my chances at being able to pick up a PS4 at launch without a pre-order?

I'm in no rush to get one right now, but I might pull the trigger if I see some lying around.

I got a 20$-off Knack coupon from the sony ps4 kiosk, only valid at EB.

Gonna return it at FS once I'm done with it. :)

Somehow I thought you have to buy it at FS or BB lol

What are my chances at being able to pick up a PS4 at launch without a pre-order?

I'm in no rush to get one right now, but I might pull the trigger if I see some lying around.

You will need to line up early at any BB or FS, each will have 25 consoles up for grabs.

redhot_

There is a possibility at Best Buy, they did say they would be getting some for walk ins... Minimum 25i believe?

whogottricked

Neo Member
By the way, has anyone heard anything about whether Shoppers will be getting PS4s at launch?

I don't think so (for my store, at least). I asked my boss and told me it won't come until the New Year. I hope we get a shipment sooner though.

Either that or it's already there and he's hiding it because he knows I want one haha.

zroid

Banned
Haha ok thanks. Well, I'm not in any huge rush so I can wait a few months if necessary. I just really want to use my Optimum points. Have enough for the largest redemption tier and consoles are definitely the best way to unload them. There's no telling when I'll have the opportunity to make a large purchase at SDM again.

By the way, has anyone heard anything about whether Shoppers will be getting PS4s at launch?

Haven't heard anything but I think they might get some in the second batch, otherwise Sony would have given more to EB and the likes to fulfill all preorders. Just guessing anywy lol

Sad to say I am going to be cancelling my pre-order of the PS4. I have a trip coming up and a huge back log of games I haven't finished. It will be irresponsible of me to get a new system now.

i-Jest

I'm not a Kotaku follower but I saw this on my Facebook news feed and wished I was this lucky:

http://kotaku.com/walmart-glitch-gives-18-new-games-to-some-lucky-shoppe-1459575523?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Walmart Canada, can you please give use flash sales like this?

It should go on sale around 7:30am ET Tomorrow (Thursday). Might be a slight delay but should definitely be available before 8am.

Here's the link to the page where you'll be able to purchase it: http://www.shop.ca/c/sony-playstati...ion-plus-pre-order:-ships-by-december-9th-201

Ship date says December 9th, but I'm told that is really being on the safe side, and it should ship around December 3rd.

There are also no promo codes applicable on this order. That means you can't use coupon codes like "SAVE15". But you should still be able to apply your $25 sign-up bonus, other rewards you've earned, and the $25 PayPal bonus.

Maximum YIS. Welp, I'll be eyeing this page.

Noahd41

Neo Member
I've got COD: Ghosts here just waiting to be played on the PS4 :(

Also FS screwed me, I've had Killzone:SF ordered since E3 and they're out of stock, they didn't ship my copy :/

Same for my copy of Ghosts. Just got it today, which is pretty exciting. However, I think I'm gonna take it back to futureshop. I'm not gonna play it much to be honest. Does anyone know if FS will honor swaps on games from the $40 e3 deal. I would rather get AC3 than Ghosts, but if I can't swap I'll just get my money back.

Also, my copies of KZ and BF4 haven't shipped yet. Since Watch Dogs got delayed, those are the only launch games I'm expecting.

Oneself

That 40$ trade credit for next gen games just confirmed that I'll be getting BF4, play it for the graphics, and then take it back @ FS for something like Driveclub. :)

MDSLKTR

Is it confirmed that target in Quebec is doing the b2g1? Wondering if I should preorder killzone or stop by at target the 15th...
will probably do both

Canon

Banned
Report back with how it turns out. I'm wondering if I just got lucky.
If you still care, they gave me $250 in store credit (plus tax) to make it $282 off the TV. The guy there asked me if I had a PS4 yet (forgetting that it wasn't out) so I think he was excited and didn't bother looking at the fine print.

Especially since the money value is only $240... and I had already price matched the TV down when I got it. So basically it came to $1134.99 for the 55-inch w802a. He didn't give me the PS4 games because they didn't have any in-stock so he just said, "You can have the money instead."

So yeah I feel good about the price, but the TV isn't impressing me unfortunately. I should have stuck with my plasma. And I need to exchange it because I have a dead pixel, so hopefully that works out okay.

Canon

Banned
I do want to say that Future Shop in my area is absolutely the only store worth visiting for anything they sell, since they've always given me the best deal and let me return anything. However, their online support is a joke.

A few people did receive their KZ:SF, Knack and COD Ghosts for PS4, not everyone though!

I was confused when I got an e-mail saying it's shipped because the console isn't out for another week and a half. Also my copy shipped from their Mississauga warehouse and I'm in Montreal for those that want to know.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Tempting, VERY tempting.

EDIT: 7:30 EST? There's no way anyone from the west coast will be able to snag one of these. :(

If you still care, they gave me $250 in store credit (plus tax) to make it $282 off the TV. The guy there asked me if I had a PS4 yet (forgetting that it wasn't out) so I think he was excited and didn't bother looking at the fine print.

Especially since the money value is only $240... and I had already price matched the TV down when I got it. So basically it came to $1134.99 for the 55-inch w802a. He didn't give me the PS4 games because they didn't have any in-stock so he just said, "You can have the money instead."

So yeah I feel good about the price, but the TV isn't impressing me unfortunately. I should have stuck with my plasma. And I need to exchange it because I have a dead pixel, so hopefully that works out okay.

Awesome thanks for the check-in. Since I bought the exact tv, can I ask where you price matched it from earlier? I paid $1499. I'm gonna stop by on Saturday and see if they can offer me the same thing you did.

Anyone know when additional PS4 games will be added to shop.ca? I'm looking to take advantage of some of their discount promotions, but there aren't any PS4 games available. I've also noticed that games seem to go out of stock quickly there so I want to know when to quickly take a look. Thanks.

I was confused when I got an e-mail saying it's shipped because the console isn't out for another week and a half. Also my copy shipped from their Mississauga warehouse and I'm in Montreal for those that want to know.
Feels so good to live in Mississauga. Everything ships from their warehouse straight to my home! By 9am, the driver is at my door. Next-gen can't come sooner!! :)

Top Bottom