• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Canon

Banned
Awesome thanks for the check-in. Since I bought the exact tv, can I ask where you price matched it from earlier? I paid $1499. I'm gonna stop by on Saturday and see if they can offer me the same thing you did.
NCIX had it for $1399.99 with $4.99 shipping a week ago. It's not on anymore.

The 47-inch version is only $1099, which I kind of want since the 55-inch is a little too big for my room. But I doubt I could be lucky twice.
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=85418...acture=Sony Consumer Electronics&promoid=1244

They go on sale all the time on NCIX.

@Calgary Gaf: I'm going to the PS4 midnight launch at EB Chinook , if anybody is looking for company let me know, I'd appreciate having someone to talk to in the line :)

Seik

Banned
So I just got all the games I ordered during the after hours sales of FS.

BmAHpWS.jpg

-Just like Anth0ny said the discs and arts are in perfect conditions, even if these were used. The plastic of the boxes is wrinkled as hell though, just like he mentioned as well, but I'll remedy to this soon. :)

-Zeeroid was right too, I already removed the big fat sticker on the back and it was quite a bitch to remove entirely.

-I got scared as fuck when I saw the back of the boxes at first, thinking they weren't originals because of a dumb paper talking about trading used games they snapped behind. The relief I felt when I realized I could remove those to make place for the real box art was incredible.

Conclusion: Good fucking deal, all these games for 47$ and I'm a happy man! :D

Yeah very good deal, I missed out on Zombie U because I reserved it for in-store pick up then forgot to pick it up for two days -_- didn't even bother going back to ask about it.

OK, Update on the PS4 + Killzone + PS plus bundle on shop.ca.

It should go on sale around 7:30am ET Tomorrow (Thursday). Might be a slight delay but should definitely be available before 8am.

Here's the link to the page where you'll be able to purchase it: http://www.shop.ca/c/sony-playstati...ion-plus-pre-order:-ships-by-december-9th-201

Ship date says December 9th, but I'm told that is really being on the safe side, and it should ship around December 3rd.

There are no cancellations on this order.

It only comes with 1 controller.

There are also no promo codes applicable on this order. That means you can't use coupon codes like "SAVE15". But you should still be able to apply your $25 sign-up bonus, other rewards you've earned, and the $25 PayPal bonus.

Will there be any more PS4 titles added before now and launch? Was hoping to take advantage of the Paypal promotion.

krae_man

Yeah I hated that big fat sticker on my used games. It only came completely off one of the 3 games I bought.

That's what I get for having an addiction to buying any Vita game that's $10.

i-Jest

It should go on sale around 7:30am ET Tomorrow (Thursday). Might be a slight delay but should definitely be available before 8am.

Here's the link to the page where you'll be able to purchase it: http://www.shop.ca/c/sony-playstati...ion-plus-pre-order:-ships-by-december-9th-201

Ship date says December 9th, but I'm told that is really being on the safe side, and it should ship around December 3rd.

There are also no promo codes applicable on this order. That means you can't use coupon codes like "SAVE15". But you should still be able to apply your $25 sign-up bonus, other rewards you've earned, and the $25 PayPal bonus.

Out of curiosity, how many units do you guys have stocked?

Dunlop

Cancelled my PS4 on amazon to get a Xb1 for Xbox fitness, saw this deal, with the paypal and ebates rebates it came to over $140 off

reordered a ps4 lol

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ps4-bundle-shop-ca-novemeber-8am-est-1402918/

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
-Just like Anth0ny said the discs and arts are in perfect conditions, even if these were used. The plastic of the boxes is wrinkled as hell though, just like he mentioned as well, but I'll remedy to this soon. :)
:D

Oh! How do you remove the wrinkles? My used Game&Wario I got from that sale is completely wrinkled. I also had trouble removing the huge sticker... The back of the box is still sticky, but whatever.

Maddog

What are the various offers available?
I know that there's a thing with paypal and signing up, but 140 dollars?

Paypal

25$ off purchase over 75$ (once per account)

Shop.ca

25$ off first purchase over 100$

Ebates

20% of all order on Shop.ca
10$ bonus for first order on Shop.ca

Magnus

Ok, sorry, hugely off topic, but yeah, Canadian shopping. Semi-relevant.

I desperately need MINIATURE SANTA HATS for a project I'm working on. I need lots and lots of them, ideally like, pet-sized.

Dollar Stores coming up dry.

Michaels was suggested to me, but they only have human-sized ones, lol.

Any suggestions? This is urgent, need to find something today, thanks guys!!

Tagg9

Oh! How do you remove the wrinkles? My used Game&Wario I got from that sale is completely wrinkled. I also had trouble removing the huge sticker... The back of the box is still sticky, but whatever.

Yeah, the wrinkles are bothering me as well. Any advice?

Out of curiosity, how many units do you guys have stocked?
Not answering that :p.

doesn't the promotional savings not work on this bundle tho?

Promo Codes don't work on this, so codes you enter like like "SHOPEBATES", "SAVE15" won't work. Actually they were working earlier in the morning so some orders got through, but now you can't use those. Rewards dollars (Sign up bonus, rewards you've earned) and PayPal are still applicable to this.

LkPr

Does anyone know if this will work...

I pre-ordered COD:Ghosts from FS during the E3 deal so I only paid $39.99 for it. I don't actually want COD any more so will FS let me exchange COD for BF4 in-store with the receipt from the online purchase? I'm mainly worried that because I got it at a discounted rate they won't actually let me exchange it.

Zing

Banned
Yeah, the wrinkles are bothering me as well. Any advice?

I swapped the case with a spare Nintendoland that I am going to sell anyway. I don't know what I would do otherwise. I wonder if the shrink wrap machine caused it? The sticker is also a nightmare. Sure, it will eventually come off with goo gone, but why the hell does it need to be so sticky? They should put it on the goddamn paper insert they add inside.

RS4-

I pre-ordered COD:Ghosts from FS during the E3 deal so I only paid $39.99 for it. I don't actually want COD any more so will FS let me exchange COD for BF4 in-store with the receipt from the online purchase? I'm mainly worried that because I got it at a discounted rate they won't actually let me exchange it.

You can return it, but you'll only get what you paid for in return. You'll still be paying full price/the difference for BF4.

LkPr

You can return it, but you'll only get what you paid for in return. You'll still be paying full price/the difference for BF4.

So they won't do a straight-up exchange? Meaning I walk in with COD and walk out with BF4 no returns issued.

I know I could return the item and get my money back, then purchase BF4 (effectively paying the 'difference').

Would any retailer do just a straight up exchange no receipt required?

Maddog

Just sell it on Kijiji for $55 or something and pay the difference for BF4.

Edit: You replied. Walmart does take returns without receipts but they give you the lowest sale price. Also frowned upon if you didn't buy it there.

Everything should apply except for the $10 extra from Ebates.

Sign up for Shop.ca through this ebates link and you get $10. That still applies I believe. http://www.ebates.ca/shopexclusive/

Tsundere

Banned
Not answering that :p.

Promo Codes don't work on this, so codes you enter like like "SHOPEBATES", "SAVE15" won't work. Actually they were working earlier in the morning so some orders got through, but now you can't use those. Rewards dollars (Sign up bonus, rewards you've earned) and PayPal are still applicable to this.
The whole Ebates cash back deal you've got with Ebates still applies though right? Users have reported cash back working for them, just wondering if it still applies before I place an order.

RS4-

So they won't do a straight-up exchange? Meaning I walk in with COD and walk out with BF4 no returns issued.

I know I could return the item and get my money back, then purchase BF4 (effectively paying the 'difference').

Would any retailer do just a straight up exchange no receipt required?

They'll do an exchange, but like you said, just have to pay the difference.

Uhh, Walmart sort of lets you do return without receipt for credit. Real big YMMV on that though, not to mention morality issues!

Dunlop

The whole Ebates cash back deal you've got with Ebates still applies though right? Users have reported cash back working for them, just wondering if it still applies before I place an order.

I see it as pending on my ebates account, I don't see why it wouldnt't be honored

They are technically paying ebates for getting them the customer and ebates is transferring some of that back to said customer (or how I understand it)

Smart way to get new customers and would look very bad if they didn't honor it especially when the almost $600 item has a no cancellation clause even though it does not ship for another month and most of the griefwould be directed at ebates

Tsundere

Banned
I see it as pending on my ebates account, I don't see why it wouldnt't be honored

They are technically paying ebates for getting them the customer and ebates is transferring some of that back to said customer (or how I understand it)

Smart way to get new customers and would look very bad if they didn't honor it especially when the almost $600 item has a no cancellation clause even though it does not ship for another month

Seems like some users aren't getting it posted to their accounts, so I'm hesitating based on that. I already have a pre-order at EB Games, but I'd like to get my GF a PS4 as well, and this would be a great deal.

Feels so good to live in Mississauga. Everything ships from their warehouse straight to my home! By 9am, the driver is at my door. Next-gen can't come sooner!! :)

My original plan was to have it shipped to my parents' place in Mississauga too. then I thought better of it. Bad move on my part...

Maddog

Seems like some users aren't getting it posted to their accounts, so I'm hesitating based on that. I already have a pre-order at EB Games, but I'd like to get my GF a PS4 as well, and this would be a great deal.

Ebates customer support is super friendly. If it doesn't show up, you tell them and they fix it for you.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That's a damn great deal but I don't think I need two PS4s right away. I'll have to keep the site in mind for my Vita TV and Vita 2000 purchases (if they ever come to NA).

Yeah. Just make sure you use ebates.ca (not .com), don't have adblock enabled, and make sure you click through to the PS4, don't copy and paste any links.

I think you can still get the shipping address changed?

Originally I was going to be in Mississauga on launch weekend but due to work had to cancel. So I'd rather have the delivery take two days than me waiting a week and driving ten hours there and back. Also Killzone only took two days to arrive so I'm hoping I can get the console in my hands by Monday at least,

P.S. I do constantly think about changing my shipping address also because the taxes are lower in Ontario :p

Dunlop

Yeah. Just make sure you use ebates.ca (not .com), don't have adblock enabled, and make sure you click through to the PS4, don't copy and paste any links.

You guys have totally made a new customer with me lol

Now add more PS4 games than just COD Ghosts and I might make another purchase...

You guys have totally made a new customer with me lol

Now add more PS4 games than just COD Ghosts and I might make another purchase...

We're planning on that. Just to give you some insight, we really only started selling video games for real in October, and we still have more to do. It's hard to get inventory so late in the year, but our guys are really pushing hard to get some.

Hmm I was going to use Shop.ca for CoD PS4, and Assassin's Creed PS3 (then upgrade to PS4). But they're sold out of PS3 haha. And there are no other PS4 games for sale. And I can't use my $25 rewards on just CoD since it isn't over $100. I guess I'll just wait until next week and hope that they add in some more PS4 games (hopefully Ass Creed).

Tsundere

Banned

Cool, and just incase the cash back fails for whatever reason, you guys will work with Ebates to fix the problem?

snack

The extra 25 paypal discount didn't show up when I paid... With PayPal. Wtf.

This is my first time using shop.can, what's going on?

Hmm I was going to use Shop.ca for CoD PS4, and Assassin's Creed PS3 (then upgrade to PS4). But they're sold out of PS3 haha. And there are no other PS4 games for sale. And I can't use my $25 rewards on just CoD since it isn't over $100. I guess I'll just wait until next week and hope that they add in some more PS4 games (hopefully Ass Creed).

The norm right now is that we only do pre-orders 3-5 days before release. There are some logistical issues we have to tackle before we can do proper pre-orders. Hopefully will have something in place early next year. For now I can't guarantee stock for PS4 games just because its so late in the year, but we're definitely trying to have some before launch day.

The extra 25 paypal discount didn't show up when I paid... With PayPal. Wtf.

This is my first time using shop.can, what's going on?

Common confusion. Our site doesn't show the $25 off. You see it in PayPal's transaction history
special-offer-pp.png

Cool, and just incase the cash back fails for whatever reason, you guys will work with Ebates to fix the problem?

Yes :)

Bdub

I suppose that Target deal ends before Nov 22, right? Would have been convenient to pick up two XBONE games, and get Mario 3D.

... too convenient.

Oneself

Just go the confirmation from EB Games that my PS4 will be available for pick up on the 15th. They are giving a 24 hours bonus for pickup. So instead of 48, you 72 hours ...

Top Bottom