• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Does anybody know when Amazon usually informs you if you're getting a console or not? I have 2 PS4s pre ordered, one of which I ordered last week. They both say they arrive on the 18th. Is that accurate?

L3E2

OK, Update on the PS4 + Killzone + PS plus bundle on shop.ca.

It should go on sale around 7:30am ET Tomorrow (Thursday). Might be a slight delay but should definitely be available before 8am.

Here's the link to the page where you'll be able to purchase it: http://www.shop.ca/c/sony-playstati...ion-plus-pre-order:-ships-by-december-9th-201

Ship date says December 9th, but I'm told that is really being on the safe side, and it should ship around December 3rd.

There are no cancellations on this order.

It only comes with 1 controller.

There are also no promo codes applicable on this order. That means you can't use coupon codes like "SAVE15". But you should still be able to apply your $25 sign-up bonus, other rewards you've earned, and the $25 PayPal bonus.

I don't know you, but I think I love you. Just finished ordering one so thank you so much!

krae_man

My Knack order declined even though I made sure to update my credit card info a couple weeks ago. I phoned Futureshop and they said "you need to contact visa in these cases". Yeah whatever guys, I used to today so you should have had no problem charging it yesterday.

I just got my new card in the mail so I decided to activate it and re update my card information again. They better not fuck up and have my PS4 charge decline.

Ms. Tea

How stackable are the shop.ca discounts? e.g. can the four discounts ($25 off $75 from PayPal; $25 off $100 from shop.ca; 20% eBates; $10 bonus from eBates) be applied simultaneously? I see shop.ca has a $200 4GB 360, for example - does that end up at ~$100 after all discounts? (20% eBate from $200 == $160, then $10 eBate + $50 discount).

My Knack order declined even though I made sure to update my credit card info a couple weeks ago. I phoned Futureshop and they said "you need to contact visa in these cases". Yeah whatever guys, I used to today so you should have had no problem charging it yesterday.

I just got my new card in the mail so I decided to activate it and re update my card information again. They better not fuck up and have my PS4 charge decline.

Yeah, futureshop is very very stupid about updates to your information. I hate to discourage you but if I were you I'd assume the worst and plan to go to a store first thing in the morning.

How stackable are the shop.ca discounts? e.g. can the four discounts ($25 off $75 from PayPal; $25 off $100 from shop.ca; 20% eBates; $10 bonus from eBates) be applied simultaneously? I see shop.ca has a $200 4GB 360, for example - does that end up at ~$100 after all discounts? (20% eBate from $200 == $160, then $10 eBate + $50 discount).
They are stackable but ebates 20% is cashback on your final order price after discounts.

Yes, you can. Plus you can put in a promo code like shopebates ($10 off). There's some other ones too.

Dunlop

yes, that is how I got the $140+ rebate for the PS4 bundle

Now I just need them to add the DS4 separately ; )

Where are your warehouses located? Do you have the inventory to fulfill all preorders made to date on Nov 15?

We have different suppliers all with different warehouse locations. For PS4 I know its shipping from the GTA and for the previous pre-orders that were for Nov 15th (to be clear, today's PS4's are for December, not for launch) they will start arriving to customers on the 15th.

Takuan

We have different suppliers all with different warehouse locations. For PS4 I know its shipping from the GTA and for the previous pre-orders that were for Nov 15th (to be clear, today's PS4's are for December, not for launch) they will start arriving to customers on the 15th.

Fantastic, thanks for the response.

<--- In the GTA
<--- Nov 15th order
winryc4u.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How do you typically ship your orders out? UPS?

Also, how do you know if the ebates link/discount is activated? Clicking on it just links to the shop.ca site, but there doesn't seem to be any indication that you'd be getting the 20% discount from them.

How do you typically ship your orders out? UPS?

Different suppliers use different services. Could be UPS, Fedex, Purolator, Canada Post, etc.

I'm seeing our video games have been shipping through UPS (at least recently).

Also, how do you know if the ebates link/discount is activated? Clicking on it just links to the shop.ca site, but there doesn't seem to be any indication that you'd be getting the 20% discount from them.

I believe there should be some sort of ebates referral in the URL-- although at some point during checkout might get encrypted so that you can't see it. Just don't use adblock, and don't copy and paste and links. If you have any problems, should be able to contact ebates support to sort it out.

I think he meant December 15th!
Did not. The previous pre-orders (before today) were for launch day.

edit: for those who have been asking, we are getting PS4 games & accessories in stock soon. Not *everything* yet but should include Killzone, BF4, FIFA, NFS, Just Dance, NBA and AC4.

edit2: COD:Ghosts PS4 is back in stock :)

L3E2

yes, that is how I got the $140+ rebate for the PS4 bundle

Now I just need them to add the DS4 separately ; )

Gosh darnit I wish I read this thread more clearly before ordering! I was just too excited and went into it right away. I'm still pretty happy though I got to order one plus save money on tax. Saving a little extra money though would've been nice.

Gosh darnit I wish I read this thread more clearly before ordering! I was just too excited and went into it right away. I'm still pretty happy though I got to order one plus save money on tax. Saving a little extra money though would've been nice.

If you didn't benefit of any of the offers you better try and cancel and reorder!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I believe there should be some sort of ebates referral in the URL-- although at some point during checkout might get encrypted so that you can't see it. Just don't use adblock, and don't copy and paste and links. If you have any problems, should be able to contact ebates support to sort it out.
Worked like a charm. For the price of a PS4 itself, you are getting KZ and a year of Plus. Crazy!

If you didn't benefit of any of the offers you better try and cancel and reorder!
The coupon codes don't work anymore, unfortunately. :(

Dunlop

Which ones don't work anymore?

You were never supposed to be able to put in rebate codes (i.e shop10 to save $10) While it was working when I ordered I was too scared it would negate all the other rebates so I didn't bother lol

The $25 for signing up at shop.ca
$25 for paypal
20% for ebates is good

snack

You were never supposed to be able to put in rebate codes (i.e shop10 to save $10) While it was working when I ordered I was too scared it would negate all the other rebates so I didn't bother lol

The $25 for signing up at shop.ca
$25 for paypal
20% for ebates is good
I didn't receive my twenty five off for sign up at shop.ca.

I contacted their support. How fast do they respond?

Takuan

Worked like a charm. For the price of a PS4 itself, you are getting KZ and a year of Plus. Crazy!

The coupon codes don't work anymore, unfortunately. :(

What? Is this a new deal? Mine was for Killzone and another controller. Free year of Plus would be Chad Warden baller status.

I think he meant December 15th!
rudyqqqld.png

infinityBCRT said:
Did not. The previous pre-orders (before today) were for launch day.
youngsabuoxpvi.png
My man.
for those who have been asking, we are getting PS4 games & accessories in stock soon. Not *everything* yet but should include Killzone, BF4, FIFA, NFS, Just Dance, NBA and AC4.
I hope you mean 2K14 and not Live '14. Definitely ordering 2K14 if so.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What? Is this a new deal? Mine was for Killzone and another controller. Free year of Plus would be Chad Warden baller status.
That must have been the old bundle?
The current one is PS4 + KZ + Plus.

It should show up in the corner where you would click to go to your account information.
Funny enough, buying the PS4 gives you like 13 bucks back to use on something else...

L3E2

Well I got the $50 off combined from new member and PayPal so I guess it's better than nothing! It says on the product page no cancellations so even if I wanted to I couldn't lol.

shop10 and shopebates. It was a glitch that allowed them to work.

You can still get the 25+25 Paypal/new member thing, plus the 98 cash back if you sign up through ebates.ca
(Remember to turn off adblock).

WOW $98 off!? I'm really sad about that now. Being able to get that bundle for below the price of a PS4 would've been amazing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well I got the $50 off combined from new member and PayPal so I guess it's better than nothing! It says on the product page no cancellations so even if I wanted to I couldn't lol.

WOW $98 off!? I'm really sad about that now. Being able to get that bundle for below the price of a PS4 would've been amazing.
Maybe infinityBCRT can help you out? They say no cancellations though. :(

Does anyone here use ebates? I just noticed they have a referral system, so you'll get $10 by "referring" me. First person to do so gets it (I assume you produce a URL or username that I input during registration).

I'm guessing you missed applying it to your order on checkout? You have to do it here:

rewards-paypal.png

And to the other person asking, yes it's NBA 2K14, not Live :)

ahdurian

Has anyone seen Battlefield 4 for PS4 out as of yet?
I went by an EB today and saw that they had Knack, Killzone and Ghosts out for PS4 ready for sale already

done! paid and got my ebates ticket pending waiting to transfer back to my account, thanks infinity!

will i get an email with the cash back going to my paypal account?

Dunlop

Fyi got my confirmation email from ebates that the money has been deposited, I'll check my PayPal account when I get home

done! paid and got my ebates ticket pending waiting to transfer back to my account, thanks infinity!

will i get an email with the cash back going to my paypal account?

I'm not sure how ebates handles PayPal deposits. But the default is that they mail you a cheque. In my experience they send out an email when the mail out the cheque.

Hmm, I just realized I only have 90 bucks in my PayPal account. I've already linked my bank account, but it says it'll take 3-6 days to complete a transfer. Does that mean I can't do the Shop.ca promotion until then?

Dunlop

I'm not sure how ebates handles PayPal deposits. But the default is that they mail you a cheque. In my experience they send out an email when the mail out the cheque.
It makes you choose the re payment option when you setup your profile.

I'll be home in a bit and will check how it appears in PayPal if it is actually there

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm, I just realized I only have 90 bucks in my PayPal account. I've already linked my bank account, but it says it'll take 3-6 days to complete a transfer. Does that mean I can't do the Shop.ca promotion until then?
The Paypal offer ends on the 17th and Shop.ca's bundle ends on the 13th, so those are presumably the deadlines...

It might be worth just paying with a credit card to get the ebates offer before the bundle ends? Better than nothing.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
How does Ebates.ca work?

Note: Ebates Canada only issues payments on balances greater than $5. If your balance is still less than $5.01 on 11/15/2013, your balance will roll over to the next period.

Does that mean once November 15th hits, the money acquired from Ebates will be transferred to either paypal or cheque?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How does Ebates.ca work?

Does that mean once November 15th hits, the money acquired from Ebates will be transferred to either paypal or cheque?
They pay out once per quarter. The dates are listed on the FAQ. And yeah, they either mail you a cheque or put it into your paypal account.

Top Bottom