• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dunlop

They pay out once per quarter. The dates are listed on the FAQ. And yeah, they either mail you a cheque or put it into your paypal account.

Didn't realize that but in a weird coincidence the next cash back according to my account screen is on 11/15/2013 lol

fake edit: you are right any purchase after sept 30 is paid out feb 15 2014

Not to derail into Canada Shipping Thread again but my FS E3 pre-order of Killzone SF is still saying out of stock. Guess 5 months notice isn't quite enough for them to guarantee release date shipping! Grrrrrr.

I hope that I can get it before I have the console.

I ended up just buying two copies of CoD Ghosts for PS4 from Shop.ca, I'll send one to my friend. Ended up being about $38 each.

Hope to get them before launch, but not counting on it.

You sure?

Who is getting restocked other than this shop.ca site ive never heard of

The shop.ca you've never heard of is an extension of a well known and reputable store which is shop.com!! They're having some of the best saving offer in Canada right now!
Plus each FS and BB will have extra 25 consoles on release day!

a916

Is anyone else having trouble obtaining their copy of Ghosts from EB Games?

Mine keeps insisting the release date is Nov 12th and not two days ago... the EB Games across the street is sellin gthem on the 5th and I've already pre-ordered...

The shop.ca you've never heard of is an extension of a well known and reputable store which is shop.com!! They're having some of the best saving offer in Canada right now!
Nooooo. We are not an extension of shop.com. We're a Toronto based company. Launched in 2012 as an independent start up. TorStar is a major investor.

25 is nothing, never under estimate RFD hoarders

Good to hear about shop.ca, im just always skeptical of these kind of sites

Takuan

You sure?

Who is getting restocked other than this shop.ca site ive never heard of

The fact that an "unknown" store was able to lock down what appears to be a pretty large inventory of PS4 would lead me to believe that other established vendors will also be able to fulfill more orders without too much of a delay. I don't mind if I'm wrong, I'm just not expecting there to be a Wii-like situation.

You're right about the extra units being nothing, though.

QaaQer

$509 - ($25 + $25 + $103) = $356 for ps4 + 1 game + 1 year of live.

the cheapskate in me sends much love to infinity for the heads up.

Zing

Banned
$509 - ($25 + $25 + $103) = $356 for ps4 + 1 game + 1 year of live.

the cheapskate in me sends much love to infinity for the heads up.

Hell, I went for it, and I am not even sure I will keep it.

$10 ebates new user bonus, $25 PayPal, $25 shop.ca, 20% ebates… let's see how it all pans out. I tried the ebates coupon as well, but it seemed to have no effect.

I just noticed I got $13 shop.ca credit for the purchase. Will they have Mario 3D World, I wonder?

Zing

Banned
How can you tell if ebates has recognized your (shop.ca) transaction? Is there any way to know for sure during the checkout process?
Does not appear so. You just hope for the best. The vendor has to report your purchase to ebates. I'm not sure if this is automated, but some people have had theirs reported, and some not.

Edit: I just checked my ebates account and $97 is pending already. That was very fast.

Im thinking about ordering this bundle then try and sell the console for its price when I get it since I'll have my preorder unit already, not sure I'll be able to sell it for full price though!

Takuan

How can you tell if ebates has recognized your (shop.ca) transaction? Is there any way to know for sure during the checkout process?

I just signed up and don't have any money in my account :/ How'd you get this?
You'll see it in your ebates Pending Balance shortly after.

Well, just ordered it the Shop.ca bundle! A little nervous considering I've never dealt with them (nor ebates for that matter) before, but at least we have a GAF representative. I'll let you guys know how things go - hoping it'll be a good story!

Welp, I did the shop.ca and ebates.ca thing despite having a launch PS4 preordered from amazon.

I guess I'll keep both orders and sell one off to my friend

Sorry if it's been covered, but apparently this is a generic code and can be used by anyone....

s9jgWwl.jpg

RFD reporting success at most stores, though some stores might want it printed out. Check the RFD thread for details: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebgames-ps4-knack-20-off-coupon-1402517/

Also sorry if a repost.

Dunlop

So I assume all of you guys didn't have a PS4 preorder and just pulled the trigger because of that deal?

I had a day 1 PS4 from Amazon which I cancelled lol

Course the Xbox Fitness thread had me wanting an XB1 anyways but it was OOS at shop.ca and the amount of rebates is way too had to ignore

Haven't used shop.ca either but the fact that they represent here is awesome combined with the fact that they are have a rebate deal with Paypal which would be f-ing insane to pull anything shady and have Paypal blacklisting you

So not so worried

Well, just ordered it the Shop.ca bundle! A little nervous considering I've never dealt with them (nor ebates for that matter) before, but at least we have a GAF representative. I'll let you guys know how things go - hoping it'll be a good story!

Thanks for taking the referral link, I got $10 out of the deal too.

The $25 shop.ca rewards credit seems to be lost in limbo though, no biggie.

Just a heads up that their referral program is pretty decent if you already have a friend or family with an account.

-Deimos

Has anyone's ebates cash back made it to pending yet? My order arrived a week ago but I still see $0 cash back pending. The tracking tickets are still there though and it tells me the next payout is November.

So I assume all of you guys didn't have a PS4 preorder and just pulled the trigger because of that deal?
I have one that I was planning on giving to a friend, but even if I wasn't, this is still a much better deal (again assuming that everything goes through). Basically if you're okay with waiting a few weeks (which I am), you're okay with trying out a new site (which I'm willing to try, but it better damn well work), and you were already going to get a year of PS+ (which I was), then it's a hard deal to beat. Even if you don't really want Killzone, Futureshop will still give you $40 for it in trade.

Has anyone's ebates cash back made it to pending yet? My order arrived a week ago but I still see $0 cash back pending. The tracking tickets are still there though and it tells me the next payout is November.
I just submitted my shop.ca PS4 order literally an hour or so ago, and already my cash pending amount has shown up in my account, so you might want to contact ebates.

Dunlop

Purchases Posted Between| Big Fat Cheque Sent
Jan 1 - Mar 31 | May 15
Apr 1 - June 30 | Aug 15
July 1 - Sept 30 | Nov 15
Oct 1 - Dec 31 | Feb 15

if you ordered after sept 30 then you payout is in feb

Not to derail into Canada Shipping Thread again but my FS E3 pre-order of Killzone SF is still saying out of stock. Guess 5 months notice isn't quite enough for them to guarantee release date shipping! Grrrrrr.

I hope that I can get it before I have the console.

same thing here :( i just dont want to get the console but got no games on it

wait so shop.ca is offering canadian buyers $25 if using a paypal plus another $25 for first-time shop.ca buyers? that's $50 off any $100 purchase.

so $500 PS4+KZ+1 year ps plus will be $450? plus tax, free shipping? will ship by dec 3 as well. undecided, still.

Dunlop

wait so shop.ca is offering canadian buyers $25 if using a paypal plus another $25 for first-time shop.ca buyers? that's $50 off any $100 purchase.

so $500 PS4+KZ+1 year ps plus will be $450? plus tax, free shipping? will ship by dec 3 as well. undecided, still.
That is good on its own, but it is the extra $98 rebate from ebates.ca that makes the deal insane

-Deimos

So I contacted Ebates and after providing proof of purchase, they posted my cash back into my pending balance. Barely took an hour, I'm impressed.

For those who ordered the PS4 off shop.ca, how long did it take for ebates to post your cash back? I'm getting kind of nervous about this as I didn't get a cash back from a similar site last time I tried one of these deals. That cash back for the $97 is kind of a make it or break it for me.

That is good on its own, but it is the extra $98 rebate from ebates.ca that makes the deal insane

how does that work? also in alberta there's no pst, so that'd be $380 for the ps4, kz sf, and 1 year ps plus.

edit, being referred also gives you another $25 off so that's what, $350+ after-taxes? very tempting.

Top Bottom