• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

-Deimos

For those who ordered the PS4 off shop.ca, how long did it take for ebates to post your cash back? I'm getting kind of nervous about this as I didn't get a cash back from a similar site last time I tried one of these deals. That cash back for the $97 is kind of a make it or break it for me.

I just posted about this. Mike Works got his cash back posted within a few hours. Mine didn't post for almost two weeks so I contacted them just now and they sorted it out in a matter of minutes.

I just posted about this. Mike Works got his cash back posted within a few hours. Mine didn't post for almost two weeks so I contacted them just now and they sorted it out in a matter of minutes.

Mine was posted within minutes as well. While it's encouraging to see, the money still isn't coming until February. That's something I had not realized when I first made the order.

Has anyone actually received the money from them on older orders? Just want to know so I can relax that the site is legitimate and the money will come.

Mine was posted within minutes as well. While it's encouraging to see, the money still isn't coming until February. That's something I had not realized when I first made the order.

Has anyone actually received the money from them on older orders? Just want to know so I can relax that the site is legitimate and the money will come.

wait, the money won't come until feb? ouch. after reading some reviews, this is just too good to be true, and worse is that it doesn't have a physical store so who knows what could happen to your money if you disputed.

Got my rebate confirmation email within an hour or so!

Do they charge you right away? I mean shouldn't they charge you when they get to ship your order??

Well Infinity works for shop.ca and he's a gaffer, if that puts your mind at ease haha.

Haha well not really because the reputation in question is ebates.ca; not shop.ca.

So I'm hoping someone can chime in and re-assure us that they've received cash back from ebates.ca before.

I just got it after about an hour or two. Sucks that I have to wait until February but hey 100$ cash back.

Oh and for the record, I have my bank account linked to PayPal, yet I only had ~$90 in my actual PayPal account. But that was okay; PayPal just took the remaining money right from my bank account, so I didn't have to wait and transfer funds or anything.

Does anyone know how Shop.ca ships stuff? Will it be like Futureshop with Purolator, or do they use another service?

Oh and for the record, I have my bank account linked to PayPal, yet I only had ~$90 in my actual PayPal account. But that was okay; PayPal just took the remaining money right from my bank account, so I didn't have to wait and transfer funds or anything.

Does anyone know how Shop.ca ships stuff? Will it be like Futureshop with Purolator, or do they use another service?

http://www.shop.ca//infoView?storeId=10201&urlRequestType=Base&id=22698614&langId=-1&catalogId=10301

shop.ca said:
It really depends on what you're ordering!
As a marketplace, each merchant partner has their own carrier of choice, to ship out orders.
Popular choices are Canada Post, UPS, Purolator, FedEx, and CanPar.
Not really a straight answer.

-Deimos

I think it depends on where they ship from. My two games shipped with UPS from Concord.

wait, the money won't come until feb? ouch. after reading some reviews, this is just too good to be true, and worse is that it doesn't have a physical store so who knows what could happen to your money if you disputed.

Go on, I'd like to hear the reviews. :)

Haha well not really because the reputation in question is ebates.ca; not shop.ca.

So I'm hoping someone can chime in and re-assure us that they've received cash back from ebates.ca before.

edit: oh, you mean ebates. In general, as long as you have a tracking number they are pretty good about it. Also, we're not as stingy as other companies that work with ebates so you shouldn't have a tough time getting your cashback.

Also, I just received $35 cashback from ebates a few days ago. And my friend who ordered a PS3 wireless headset also got his cashback as well.

Anywhere between Nov 15 to Dec 9. Expect it to ship in December.
Well, the ones that were the launch day PS4+extra controller+Killzone bundles should start arriving to customers on Nov 15th. Today's PS4's (PS4+1 year PS Plus+Killzone) will ship in December. Says Dec. 9th to be on the safe side but could ship as early as Dec. 3rd from what I'm told.

I'm fairly certain our video game supplier uses mainly UPS. Well, at least earlier today I checked and all of the Call of Duty's that shipped out were through UPS. And ships from the GTA.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Didn't use that PayPal + shop.ca + ebates offer for the PS4(Dec 9 is too far, I want a PS4 NAO), but I did use it to get a Nexus 7 :D

My Ebate hasn't shown up yet, I'll wait till tomorrow before I complain....

zroid

Banned
oh by the way, I saw PS4 in next week's Shoppers flyer. Says available Nov 15.

So looks like some stores will be getting them in, at least.

-Deimos

oh by the way, I saw PS4 in next week's Shoppers flyer. Says available Nov 15.

So looks like some stores will be getting them in, at least.

Prices?

This may be what he's referring to.

It's definitely enough to make me hesitate. I've dealt with some problematic sites in the past, would rather not have to go through constant e-mails and calls and disputes and still end up out money in the end.

lol those are some horrible reviews. My order went smoothly, though, and all the discounts came through.

J-Man

Man, that shop.ca deal sounds good, but I've already got a PS4 pre-ordered.

In fact, I have 3 pre-orders and I guess I should cancel at least one. I have one at FutureShop.ca, Amazon.ca, and locally at the Microplay on Bank St (Ottawa). I'd prefer to keep an online one, but I wonder which order is more likely to get me a console on day one. I did pony up at amazon for the cheapest paid shipping option. Any suggestions?

Biff

For anyone else who preordered launch editions on Amazon.ca, what the hell is going on with their delivery estimates?

Are the units shipping on the 15th, or not? My delivery estimate implies it will be shipping on Monday, which better not be true.

-Deimos

Man, that shop.ca deal sounds good, but I've already got a PS4 pre-ordered.

In fact, I have 3 pre-orders and I guess I should cancel at least one. I have one at FutureShop.ca, Amazon.ca, and locally at the Microplay on Bank St (Ottawa). I'd prefer to keep an online one, but I wonder which order is more likely to get me a console on day one. I did pony up at amazon for the cheapest paid shipping option. Any suggestions?

Cancel the most expensive one.

This may be what he's referring to.

It's definitely enough to make me hesitate. I've dealt with some problematic sites in the past, would rather not have to go through constant e-mails and calls and disputes and still end up out money in the end.

Yeah, sooooo... basically since the first PayPal promo our customer support got massively swamped because its the first time PayPal did a promo like this in Canada and online shoppers in Canada don't really understand the whole "Special Offer" thing since it's never been done before here. We got so many requests asking for cancellations or where their $25 were because of this.

We've hired more customer support people since then, worked to streamline the support experience, and also had brought in additional people to the support team from around the company to eliminate the backlog and ensure that everyone gets responses in a timely manner. We're still working on streamlining the support experience further, but even now response times should be much better than they were over the last few weeks.

That being said, I'm dedicated to making shop.ca an awesome video games retailer (and we're not even close to where we want to be), so I'll say if anyone ever needs help I can try to pitch in. I don't have access to do refunds/cancellations but I can at least do some investigation into problematic orders.

I ordered from shop.ca but don't see any credit in my PayPal account.
edit: case in point :). You need to check your PayPal transaction details and look for the $25 Special Offer deduction:
special-offer-pp.png

Canon

Banned
OK so it says -$551.27 CAD on my PayPal but $526.27 CAD charged to credit.

I guess that means it applied. But ebates isn't showing any money. I hope this isn't a scam.

Adr1an

For anyone else who preordered launch editions on Amazon.ca, what the hell is going on with their delivery estimates?

Are the units shipping on the 15th, or not? My delivery estimate implies it will be shipping on Monday, which better not be true.

Well the delivery estimate for me is the 18th-19th so either monday or tuesday. I would assume they are getting shipped on the 15th.

OK so it says -$551.27 CAD on my PayPal but $526.27 CAD charged to credit.
That confused me at first too, but PayPal is basically telling you "we sent out $551 toward the purchase", and you should be able to see the $25 Shop.ca/PayPal credit. That's actually PayPal sending that portion (on their behalf) to Shop.ca. It's confusing because it's not money PayPal is giving to you for the purchase - it's money they're giving Shop.ca on your behalf.

It would've made more sense visually if they just got you to pay for the whole thing, and then credited $25 to your account (or did that first), but I suppose this way works too.

Apparently AC4 for PS4 has been spotted for PS4 at EB Games. I know some of you want to pick up your games early. I'm still waiting on my to ship from FS.

Well apparently if you use a referral link they give another $25 to both of us, if someone wants to try that. http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwB3Xm0GYQ2

I could've used someone elses but it was too late.

No, $25 is only for the person who is doing the referring. The $25 the referee gets is their sign up bonus. Also you can't both be referred by another user and by ebates. Its one or the other. So if you use that link above, you can't (or at least shouldn't be able to) use ebates.

No, $25 is only for the person who is doing the referring. The $25 the referee gets is their sign up bonus. Also you can't both be referred by another user and by ebates. Its one or the other. So if you use that link above, you can't (or at least shouldn't be able to) use ebates.

So, I can't do this?

Give my friend a shop.ca referral link.
Have him sign up for ebates (or refer him as well)
He then goes to shop.ca through ebates
Buys stuff and gets ebates rebate + $25 signup?

-Deimos

They don't get another $25? The wording on the referral page is pretty confusing then.

Why can't you refer someone and use ebates? I don't see how they're connected.

Top Bottom