• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Canon

Banned
They charged me... reputable retailers usually charge when they ship the order. I may have to call my bank and forget about this site.

They don't get another $25? The wording on the referral page is pretty confusing then.

Why can't you refer someone and use ebates? I don't see how they're connected.

Because we're paying ebates to refer us customers. We aren't going to pay both another customer and ebates to refer us the same customer.

They charged me... reputable retailers usually charge when they ship the order. I may have to call my bank and forget about this site.

We charge right away for PayPal only. I'm not sure the logistical reasons for this, but that's how it's implemented currently. For non PayPal orders we don't charge until your order is marked as shipped.

Zing

Banned
New to PayPal? When you send money with PayPal, they are the vendor and charge your card immediately. I know of no way to send deferred PayPal payment.

-Deimos

Because we're paying ebates to refer us customers. We aren't going to pay both another customer and ebates to refer us the same customer

For signing up? I didn't sign up using Ebates as a referral, I just created an account on both sites separately and then accessed Shop.ca through Ebates.ca. Am I going crazy?

For signing up? I didn't sign up using Ebates as a referral, I just created an account on both sites separately and then accessed Shop.ca through Ebates.ca. Am I going crazy?

Sorry, I was a little confusing. You get the $25 for signing up, period.

Ebates gets a referral fee if you BUY something while clicking through from their site, and they pass off some of that as a cashback to you.

Another user gets a $25 referral fee if they get you to sign up and buy something for $100 or more (only on the first $100 purchase). Another user also gets some referral % of the product price if they refer a product to you and you buy it.

Tsundere

Banned
Looks like I'm going to have to wait a week and then deal with EBates CSR. But Infinity said I should be fine as long as EBates sees that I went to shop.ca using their tracking id.

-Deimos

Another user gets a $25 referral fee if they get you to sign up and buy something for $100 or more (only on the first $100 purchase). Another user also gets some referral % of the product price if they refer a product to you and you buy it.
Alright, say I send someone a referral link to register on Shop.ca. They click the link and register. Then, they go to Ebates.ca, go back to Shop.ca through Ebates and finally make a purchase of over $100.

Would I not receive $25 because that person registered through my link and bought something, even though they bought that item through a Ebates link?

I know they don't get $25, but the referrer does right?

Looks like I'm going to have to wait a week and then deal with EBates CSR. But Infinity said I should be fine as long as EBates sees that I went to shop.ca using their tracking id.

If they don't post your pending balance within a few days, you should email them. It's pretty straightforward and they got mine done pretty quick.

Alright, say I send someone a referral link to register on Shop.ca. They click the link and register. Then, they go to Ebates.ca, go back to Shop.ca through Ebates and finally make a purchase of over $100.

Would I not receive $25 because that person registered through my link and bought something, even though they bought that item through a Ebates link?

I know they don't get $25, but the referrer does right?

If they don't post your pending balance within a few days, you should email them. It's pretty straightforward and they got mine done pretty quick.

Yeah so you will get the $25 for their first $100 purchase for that, even through ebates. You won't get the product referral bonus as well though (which is like $16 or something).

-Deimos

Yeah so you will get the $25 for their first $100 purchase for that, even through ebates. You won't get the product referral bonus as well though (which is like $16 or something).

Ok that clears everything up. $16 referral bonus? Damn. Is that a fixed rate or a percentage? I think I read on the site it's only supposed to be like 1% or something.

Ok that clears everything up. $16 referral bonus? Damn. Is that a fixed rate or a percentage? I think I read on the site it's only supposed to be like 1% or something.

Yeah maybe it's less than that, I just pulled a number out of my ass :p. So like $5 in reality.

All of this shop.ca talk made me go look through the site again. I almost bought a bass amp there with the 30% cashback but couldn't commit the funds at the time and now it isn't listed. I really hope it comes back in the next month or so. To any other musicians on this forum, definitely check out what shop.ca has for gear if you're into buying new. Prices seem to be very comparable to other vendors but the discounts and cashback can make something as cheap or even cheaper than buying the same piece used.

sikkinixx

EB makes me sad. I've had a ps4 on preorder since June so a day one shipper. However since I'm broke as hell I can't afford the $400. So was about to cancel.

Then on a whim I went into EB with a list of shit to trade (including my extra ps3 and my 360). EB dudes says I've got close to $400 after the extra 30% TIV applied. Nice I think, I'll get it on a gift card and then change my online payment.

Except ya can't. It's only good for in store offers. Which makes sense I guess since they wanna make sure you will use the value for a system but damn... How many weeks will I need to wait for the store to get stock? Buddy says they have well over 300 pre orders.

J-Man

Cancel the most expensive one.

Yea, it's less to do with any extra money and more to do with getting it on day one, but it seems Amazon does not think I'll get it until Wednesday of the following week, even though I decided to pay a little for the cheapest non free shipping option (which makes that pre-order a little more). I think it's the order to get cancelled.

I guess I'll go with FutureShop.ca order or Microplay. I just never know if a store like Microplay will get enough units for preorders (or how they will sort the units they get, like, does a preorder placed just after E3 take precedent over a more recent preorder?).

My E3 Knack preorder finally shipped from FS!
Looks like they messed up my Killzone preorder amongst other people, no biggie though I'll just buy one in store and return the late copy with the full prices copy!

Joeku

The few I've been in have seemed fine for the kind of traffic their video game sections would get. Those have been in the (east of Toronto) Durham area, though.

Tagg9

I have a PS4 preorder on Walmart.ca, but I want to cancel it as I'm fairly confident Future Shop will fulfill my other preorder.

Does anyone know how to cancel a pre-order on Walmart's website? There's no simple cancel button.

r3n4ud

Anyone know how much ZombiU is at Walmart in-store? Online it's full price :/. I see it's $20 at Futureshop.

Will be picking up the Mario and Luigi Wii U console this evening, along with ZombiU, and want to hit up Walmart since it's closer.

FrsDvl

I decided to email bestbuy to see if i was actually guaranteed a PS4 on launch, this is what i got back.

We do our best to ensure that pre-ordered items are shipped as soon as possible. Depending on your location, you may receive it on release day or shortly thereafter. Please note that if the release date is on or close to a holiday, there could be a brief delay in shipping. Visit our Customer Service page on Bestbuy.ca for further information on Pre-Orders including; ‘How is my pre-order shipped? It looks as though everything is working as usual you should receive your PS4 on or aftre the date of release.

Hopefully this means i will be guaranteed one at launch, not sure what to make of it. I didn't place my order till the end of August though.

Returners

I decided to email bestbuy to see if i was actually guaranteed a PS4 on launch, this is what i got back.

Hopefully this means i will be guaranteed one at launch, not sure what to make of it. I didn't place my order till the end of August though.

Ugh, at this rate i'm better off picking up my PS4 preorder at EB and then returning the Bestbuy one when it comes.

Not 100% sure but I heard from a few different staff members that anyone who preordered is actually guaranteed it and that (at least in store) they got enough to cover their preorders and a few more.

Zing

Banned
Hmm, it looks like I have no reason to not pick up Wii U Ghosts for my spare copy of Nintendoland.

Holy crap... Going to do this and then exchange the games later.
Yes, I foresee a lot of returns/exchanges on these three games next week.

krae_man

I don't want any of those games really. The only one I might remotely be interested in is ACIV and Ubi games go cheap quick anyway.

Tsundere

Banned
Hmm, it looks like I have no reason to not pick up Wii U Ghosts for my spare copy of Nintendoland.

Yes, I foresee a lot of returns/exchanges on these three games next week.

Essentially, they're allowing you to trade in any game, and get the next-gen version for $10.

Trade in game, upgrade for $10... lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
That's awesome, I'll have my wife trade in one of the old, worthless games we have for Ass Creed IV for the Wii U!

The stores not participating in the promotion are located in Nanaimo, Kelowna, Vaughan, St. James, Garden City, Pembina and Richmond Hill.
Fuck you Winnipeg trade in laws. :( Now I'm sad.

Anth0ny

The stores not participating in the promotion are located in Nanaimo, Kelowna, Vaughan, St. James, Garden City, Pembina and Richmond Hill.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Top Bottom