• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Zing

Banned
The stores not participating in the promotion are located in Nanaimo, Kelowna, Vaughan, St. James, Garden City, Pembina and Richmond Hill.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
North York has annoying pawn regulations. Come to Aurora and Newmarket.

Probably yeah, then you've lost a big part of the savings lol

PGR4 cost me $2.50. $10 to upgrade after the trade deal would be about $13-$14 after taxes.

That's for a $59.99 retail game.

That's a pretty big savings.

Also, if it's one transaction per customer, RFD won't be able to do much with this.

LkPr

Could you not reserve the game online and pickup in store tomorrow?? But then instead of paying for the pickup just trading in the game? They hold reserves for 24 hours...

wow beaten by 1 post :p

PGR4 cost me $2.50. $10 to upgrade after the trade deal would be about $13-$14 after taxes.

Also, if it's one transaction per customer, RFD won't be able to do much with this.

I am willing to be this will be their schedule for the 3 days:

1. Camp outside closest FS/BB before it opens, trade in
2-100. Drive to every FS/BB in a 1000km radius and trade in
101. Sell on craigslist for $50 ea.

iiicon

I thought I was done with Assassin's Creed but if I can get 4 on the Wii U for whatever I have laying around I guess I'm back in?

Damnit. Ghosts might be okay on the Gamepad, too...

It's all done at customer service too where (depending on the store) have 2-3 people working all day so it shouldn't be too hard to remember people so hopefully everyone will have a chance to grab what they want

I was referring to Target B2G1 offer not that trade in one!
Can't get the idea that they will give you a brand new title for a worthless game, this can never be true!! I mean what would they benefit with a 5 years old game??? I'm pretty sure it will be a very restricted qualifying list especially if they're offering T1 get a $60 game!

I was referring to Target B2G1 offer not that trade in one!
Can't get the idea that they will give you a brand new title for a worthless game, this can never be true!! I mean what would they benefit with a 5 years old game??? I'm pretty sure it will be a very restricted qualifying list especially if they're offering T1 get a $60 game!

The only trade deal that compares to this in my mind was when Blockbuster first started accepting trades, and they had NO idea how to value them. I remember going to EB, picking up copies of Crimson Skies and Bloodrayne for Xbox for like $2.99, then trading them into Blockbuster for like $30-40 each. It was stupid.

btkadams

I have a PS4 preorder on Walmart.ca, but I want to cancel it as I'm fairly confident Future Shop will fulfill my other preorder.

Does anyone know how to cancel a pre-order on Walmart's website? There's no simple cancel button.

i believe you have to email/call them to cancel an order. i remember their website being weird like that.

The only trade deal that compares to this in my mind was when Blockbuster first started accepting trades, and they had NO idea how to value them. I remember going to EB, picking up copies of Crimson Skies and Bloodrayne for Xbox for like $2.99, then trading them into Blockbuster for like $30-40 each. It was stupid.

That's what I'm talking about, FS and BB should know better with all their experience in trade-ins! I'd be glad if they did anyway but I just think it's too good to be true!
Plus I hate the fact that the major benefit will go to some freakin hoarders on RFD who will probably buy the games today then return and rebuy! I know they will do wonders!!

I have a feeling there is going to be muggings in the midnight line, i went to EBgames at squareone and heard the guy ask if he can pre-order a PS4 and the dude said you won't be able to do it until next year...and he was like "what the fuck peeeople gonna get mug" lol

im glad i did it the day after it was announced

The only reason I could see this being true is that each of these games on current gen are selling much worse than they expected, and they bought way too many copies.

Still, it's true that this doesn't benefit them much.

Dazzler

BF4 for PS3 is already out of stock at Robson FS and Broadway FS in Vancouver

I usually can always get these kind of deals at Broadway because it flies under the radar (and it's close to my house)

Have RFD been reserving already?

The only reason I could see this being true is that each of these games on current gen are selling much worse than they expected, and they bought way too many copies.

Still, it's true that this doesn't benefit them much.

Maybe they have such a depeleted stock of used games (after the 50% off sale) and want more for the holidays? Even then they could have easily asked for any 2 or 3 games instead of just 1.

Maybe they have such a depeleted stock of used games (after the 50% off sale) and want more for the holidays? Even then they could have easily ask for any 2 or 3 games instead.

That's the thing!
One game! And any random game as well?
What kind of benefit they will get out of my Tiger Woods 2006?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Has this deal been advertised by Futureshop? Futhermore, is this promotion valid for Quebec because every damn promotion we are excluded lol

So even if I don't plan to upgrade them to PS4 versions, the wife and me each bring a crap game that worth 2$, get CoD Ghost and Assassin's Creed 4 on PS3 for them and go trade both of them for a 60$ gift card with a 56$ profit?

For some reason I just can't believe it...

Dazzler

ok feel free to dismiss this but an FS employee that works at head office just confirmed to me that it applies to ANY current gen title

Source: I used to work at FS head office

Liberty4all

Banned
ANY GAME?

Sneakkingbox.jpg

I have all 3 and haven't been able to sell them anywhere.

YAY

I think I might just buy my games tonight after work, then return them and do the trade in deal tomorrow. I'm sketched out that since I reserved them so early, they'll put them back on the shelf right at open and I'll lose them :$

Looks like there's a few more PS4 games added to shop.ca if anyone was waiting to pull the trigger on the paypal and ebates deals. Two games came just over $80 charged to my CC and hopefully there will be another $16-20 credited to my ebates account.

http://www.shop.ca/c/sc/ps4-games

Shop.ca is sooo yesterday, we're on Future Shop now :p.

haha jk, awesome that more games are added to people that can still abuse the rewards credit!

Top Bottom