• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

This deal is going to be over before tomorrow since everyone is doing in store pickup. My ISP for BF4 at Sherway Best Buy was denied.

Waiting on my ACIV.

I managed to get all the games reserved, but I'm still sketched out lol. I really hope they're waiting for me there tomorrow morning. I'll go before open and wait just to be safe.

Dazzler

My reservation for COD Ghosts went through at FS Broadway in Vancouver. Just got the email.

Have until 11am Saturday to pick it up

iphys

Yes.

I have a huge feeling that both Best Buy and Futureshop trade-in deals for the 60$ gift card is a goner.

The offer is up for next week. I don't want any of the free games, so I was considering unloading 2 games at the nearest FS/BB and then trading the 2 free games for a $60 gift card.

Lsn8aMsl.jpg

Got my response -_____-

I'm starting to wonder if some stores are denying ISP so they will have stock for tomorrow.

I'm sure that's the case, they get flooded by ISP orders and they just sent them all telling everybody to go fu** themselves and leave it all for freakin hoarders in the morning!!!
Basically that's the only chance for normal people to get in on that deal!

The offer is up for next week. I don't want any of the free games, so I was considering unloading 2 games at the nearest FS/BB and then trading the 2 free games for a $60 gift card.

That was my plan too. If the games are still in stock for the 3 days in my town, there is the possibility to make over 200$ of gift cards for trading in a few crap game that worth nothing. I still can't believe it, they have to cancel the trade 2 for 60$ gift card and also not put those 3 games on the list next week. Maybe they don't give a shit, though. Already looks like it with the current deal they just announced!

Seriously... walk in ebgames or any cheap places with a friend, buy the cheapest 8 games you can find, flip them for the ACIV, Battlefield 4 or CoD Ghost over 3 days, flip those back for 60$ gift cards and bang!, you just paid for more than half of your PS4 next week...

So all we need to do is reserve the game and then show up tomorrow to make the trade? Nothing special we need to do in the reservation process?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I almost wish I was getting a Xbox One so I can do the upgrade program by just trading in a disc, given that all of these games are going to be 50gb downloads. But hey, 10 bucks for a copy of CoD is better than the 40 I paid during E3. lol

L3E2

Lol got too excited reading about the deal that I hopped into my car and drove towards the closest futureshop asap. Then I realized it doesn't start till tomorrow so I had to drive back home really sad. Good start to the day!

Dazzler

Managed to get Black Flag reserved at a different FS

No stock on Battlefield near me unfortunately :(

Not trekking out to Richmond or Langley to get it from Kits

zroid

Banned
You know, I almost wish I was getting a Xbox One so I can do the upgrade program by just trading in a disc, given that all of these games are going to be 50gb downloads. But hey, 10 bucks for a copy of CoD is better than the 40 I paid during E3. lol

uuuughhhhh my 95GB bandwidth cap is already crying

khaaan

What's going on with this Futureshop thing? They're supposedly giving away COD: Ghosts, AssCreed and whatever if you trade one game in?

Lol got too excited reading about the deal that I hopped into my car and drove towards the closest futureshop asap. Then I realized it doesn't start till tomorrow so I had to drive back home really sad. Good start to the day!

lol
Now if they keep denying ISPs it'll be a hoarders fest tomorrow and I'm sure I might just throw up watching how it'll look if I ever think about trying my luck!
I won't bother going anywhere if I don't get a copy reserved anyway!

Roto13

Already have COD reserved at Best Buy but I'm trying to reserve Assassin's Creed there too, just because that's the game I really want and Future Shop is being uncooperative.

Zing

Banned
I've reserved and will be hitting futureshop at opening! but first hitting the EB games in the same parking lot to buy a cheap used game. I have a spare Nintendoland, but surely there are ultra cheap 360 games to buy instead.

Edit: decided to reserve another copy at best buy down the street just in case.

explodet

AC4 and Ghosts reserved, albeit at stores crazy far from each other.
Probably won't hop on Battlefield - there's not enough time in the day for me to spend giving myself PTSD.

Already have COD reserved at Best Buy but I'm trying to reserve Assassin's Creed there too, just because that's the game I really want and Future Shop is being uncooperative.

I'm have the exact opposite problem, waiting for my AC4 reservation at Best Buy.

Now I'm going to have to think of games to trade in. Might buy some cheap games today.

Don't forget about the $40 trade in for all next gen games at FS/BB until early Jan 14.

Getting $30 to "rent" COD Ghosts isn't a bad deal at all.

Roto13

Aces, my ACIV reservation went through at Best Buy. Is there any way to cancel the other game from there? Or should I just not give a fuck and let it expire tomorrow. :p

Zing

Banned
Screw it, I wanted to get another used game anyway, so I'm heading to EB tonight to pick up two cheap used games for trade fodder.

I am still having trouble believing this deal. There simply must be a game list.

Never been happier to be wrong. That deal is insane

I don't why they just don't take those games off the list instead of getting rid of the whole promotion

Yea you are probably right, I just don't remember ever seeing 2 different trade-in promotion up at the same time. However, I might have missed it and if not, there is a first time for everything!

Roto13

Three failed attempts at reserving ACIV and one failed attempt for Call of Doggy at Future Shop (and it won't even let me try to reserve Battlefield 4), I've given up on reserving anything at Future Shop. I'll pop in tomorrow since it's on my way to Best Buy.

At least Best Buy has the one game I really want.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Why are you guys reserving all 3 games for hold, when they only hold for 24h and you can only use the deal once a day?

Never been happier to be wrong. That deal is insane

I don't why they just don't take those games off the list instead of getting rid of the whole promotion

This will HEAVILY drive down the trade value of these titles in all Canadian stores, not just BB and FS. I bet EB games won't offer more than $10-15.

L3E2

lol
Now if they keep denying ISPs it'll be a hoarders fest tomorrow and I'm sure I might just throw up watching how it'll look if I ever think about trying my luck!
I won't bother going anywhere if I don't get a copy reserved anyway!

I was only successful getting a reservation for Call of Duty at one location. Can't seem to be able to reserve a copy of Battlefield or Assassin's Creed 4 anywhere though. Says no reservations available for BF4 and won't even load for AC4.

Which locations did you try reserving at? I'm guessing Deerfoot Meadows?

zroid

Banned
possible bad news coming in from the other thread

I know what has been posted already but this was on RFD... take with salt at this point
I went to the FS at Yonge & Dundas and spoke with one of the main managers on the floor (and one video game salesperson). Here's what I found out:

1. They are aware of this deal.
2. You CANNOT trade just any game.
3. There will be a list that will go up sometime between today and tomorrow.
4. One trade per person per day.

I think the FS Blog is still the better source at this point, so I wouldn't get too worried yet.

I was only successful getting a reservation for Call of Duty at one location. Can't seem to be able to reserve a copy of Battlefield or Assassin's Creed 4 anywhere though. Says no reservations available for BF4 and won't even load for AC4.

Which locations did you try reserving at? I'm guessing Deerfoot Meadows?

lol yeah I got denied at Deerfoot Meadows!

Top Bottom