• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Wait wait wait... so if I bring my wife with me Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I can bring for 12$ of crap games (let's day 2$ each game) and flip them right away for 180$ of gift card? I still can't believe it...

Looks busted for me on futureshop.ca now. After I click the final "Reserve now", it just brings me back to the same page. There is suppose to be a confirmation page saying that your reservation went through the system and to await confirmation e-mail, right?

Yeah. You should get that screen and email shortly after confirming.

Looks busted for me on futureshop.ca now. After I click the final "Reserve now", it just brings me back to the same page. There is suppose to be a confirmation page saying that your reservation went through the system and to await confirmation e-mail, right?

Safe to say it's getting hammered lol

Yeah. You should get that screen and email shortly after confirming.

Ok so it's busted for me at the moment, only had time to reserve Assassin's Creed IV...

Safe to say it's getting hammered lol

Yup... I still can't believe it's any game. If they confirm that it's a game that is on the current trade-in list, they will have a lot of "reserved in-store" copies taking dust on the shelf for 24 hours!

btkadams

yes, it should take you to a page telling you that they will check for the items and send you an email to confirm the reserve. try doing it again. i got an error twice in the ios app and then it worked.

Guitarmy

Banned
I hate winnipeg. I figured with the last couple changes to the trade in bylaws futureshop would be allowing trade ins by now.

Roto13

So reserving a game on the Future Shop site and then pickig it up tomorrow with an old-ass game to trade in will work?

Awesome. Gonna do that.

zroid

Banned
Update to the FP story

8h59.png

The "Eligible games list" for the 60$ gift card at Bestbuy.ca is not working, there is no game on the list after following the link. Are they cancelling it so people won't go flip Battlefield 4, CoD Ghost and ACIV for 60$ cards when they just traded in two Barbie games for them at Futureshop? haha

Kazerei

Banned
Reposting

http://business.financialpost.com/2...or-free-with-single-trade-in/?__lsa=8ba8-b56e

This weekend (between Saturday, November 9 and Monday, November 11) Future Shop and Best Buy locations across Canada will be giving out free copies of Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Battlefield 4 to anyone who trades in a current generation console game.

Here’s how it works. On Saturday, Sunday and Monday, simply take in a used game for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or the Wii U (Wii games aren’t eligible for the promotion) and you can walk out with one of those three titles without spending another dime. This offer is only for the standard $59.99 versions of the games, so no special editions.

btkadams

out of curiosity, how much would ebgames give me for battlefield 4 ps3? do they do a trade-in deal for battlefield 4 ps4? i just want to get a physical version of battlefield ps4 rather than the digital with ps3 disc activation.

zroid

Banned
BTW, can someone confirm to me how the next gen upgrade thingy works? I was thinking of getting the Wii U version of AC4, but PS3 might be better since I'd be able to upgrade to PS4 with that... it's $10 right? And you have to download the game on PSN, but it requires the PS3 disc to be inserted to play?

Does this promo ever expire? I'm not sure when I'll have a PS4 yet, could be months from now.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, just got email from FS that reservation couldn't be completed :(

Same here. Ah well, I guess I won't be able to get one after all; I can't go there until the afternoon. I'm sure there'll be people camping outside at 6am! :p

BadWolf

Never traded in before, do I just take any of my games in and ask for one of those new games?

Is it a limit of one game period per customer or can you trade in two games and pick two of those three?

Top Bottom