• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
I love how this deal is so good, FS actually has to convince people it's real :lol :lol

Hell, evidently they still haven't convinced all of their store managers!

Tsundere

Banned
Got confirmation for all 3 games at both Best Buy and Futureshop, I'm only going to getting one of each, so whichever location works out, I'm going to cancel at the other.

FrsDvl

Anyone with a Killzone pre order at Bestbuy that got charged yet between yesterday and today? They have it in stock, but still haven't charged me for my pre order..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So its not just any game? Is this confirmed or is RFD trying to screw with people?
No one knows. You'd think they would have told the stores about this promotion before posting it so that everyone would have the same answer, but who knows?

Again, stuff like this makes me think Futureshop operates on a franchising system - but someone here told me that every store is owned by BestBuy itself, which makes this miscommunication thing even more of a mess.

Anyone with a Killzone pre order at Bestbuy that got charged yet between yesterday and today? They have it in stock, but still haven't charged me for my pre order..

I read somewhere that they are going to resume charging and shipping on preorders soon. I think they stopped to get more stock in or something. They were talking about it on Redlfag.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think I'll Re-reserve all my games again later tonight. Just so that I don't accidentally get screwed by the 24h-limit as I make my way from store to store.

..... Should I go by EBGames tonight and get some super cheap games? :lol

L3E2

Damn how are some of you getting reserved copies at Best Buy? The video game section just sends me to an error right away.

whogottricked

Neo Member
Is anyone able to get through with a FS reservation? It just loads and then stops.

I have. Ghosts and Black Flag on two different stores successfully reserved (with confirmation e-mail). BF4 is sold out in all the stores near me.

Mine loaded a little longer during my Ghosts reservation though. I just refreshed and it worked fine.

BadWolf

No one knows. You'd think they would have told the stores about this promotion before posting it so that everyone would have the same answer, but who knows?

Again, stuff like this makes me think Futureshop operates on a franchising system - but someone here told me that every store is owned by BestBuy itself, which makes this miscommunication thing even more of a mess.

Yeah, doesn't hurt to try I guess.

Jagxyz

I have. Ghosts and Black Flag on two different stores successfully reserved (with confirmation e-mail). BF4 is sold out in all the stores near me.

Mine loaded a little longer during my Ghosts reservation though. I just refreshed and it worked fine.

Yeah, it worked after a bit, thanks.

Same deal here, have ghosts and AC4 reserved but BF4 was OOS all around me.

Sora_N

Wow only BF4 is unavailable at Best Buy Cambie (Vancouver), ugh. I'm gonna try trading some fodder for CoD and ACIV only then.

sikkinixx

I ordered Battlefield/CoD from Bestbuy for in store pick up... but where does it say the deal is for there? Wonder if they will even have stock for it.

Smiley90

Is there a reason Battlefield 4's the one that's unavailable everywhere now?

I was able to reserve it at the Best Buy in Coquitlam Centre (Vancouver), if that's any help. Got the confirmation email and all.

You know what, I'm starting to see the reasoning behind this deal.

This actually makes me MUCH more likely to jump into next gen consoles. I mean, think about it.

Console AND 3 full-priced 60 bucks games to start the gen? Ugh, no, I rather wait.

Console and ONLY 3x10 dollar upgrade and get rid of 3 old games? I'm now MUCH more likely to buy a console.

It's not that bad of a deal for FS/BB if it makes them sell more consoles. And thus more next-gen games on those new consoles, and accessories etc.

Beck

I thought Winnipeg overcame its trade-in issues, or was that just EB? And even before that, the trade policy was one-for-one, which could have fallen under this. Why do we always get the shaft?

Oneself

Holycrap!!

Best promo ever.
I wasn't planning on getting COD Ghost & AC4 but I'll get both tomorrow, then... upgrade for the PS4 versions!!

F'NG NICE

Jagxyz

I was able to reserve it at the Best Buy in Coquitlam Centre (Vancouver), if that's any help. Got the confirmation email and all.

You know what, I'm starting to see the reasoning behind this deal.

This actually makes me MUCH more likely to jump into next gen consoles. I mean, think about it.

Console AND 3 full-priced 60 bucks games to start the gen? Ugh, no, I rather wait.

Console and ONLY 3x10 dollar upgrade and get rid of 3 old games? I'm now MUCH more likely to buy a console.

It's not that bad of a deal for FS/BB if it makes them sell more consoles. And thus more next-gen games on those new consoles, and accessories etc.

But do they even expect to have stock of next gen consoles for a while? I know they're getting 25+ each at launch, but that'll last hours. I think they're doing it because they want people to realize that they buy/sell used games as well. Usually when people think about trading in a game, they just go straight to EB, not even knowing FS/BB buy them as well.

Yawnier

Banned
So wait what is going on here, I can trade in my copy of shitty Haze I bought years ago and gets COD: Ghosts or something on current gen? Niiiice.

bigmf

I wasn't going to get any of these games. Just Killzone. But I have MLB The Show 7, 8 and 10 (skipped 9) sitting near the bottom of my games stack. Or Facebreaker which I picked up for $5 instead of a coffee that day. So $30 and three 5 minute drives this weekend, and I've got a shitload of PS4 games to play.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You have to know that the guys in the bigger cities are going to get like 50 copies of each game tomorrow and them flip them on kijiji. That's just how it works. lol

Smiley90

Too small time. A regular RFD member thinks this deal could get him the PS4 and three games consoles for less than $10.

What are you trying to say, sorry?

You have to know that the guys in the bigger cities are going to get like 50 copies of each game tomorrow and them flip them on kijiji. That's just how it works. lol

1 game per day per store means they'll at least have to transit/drive quite a bit for that. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1 game per day per store means they'll at least have to transit/drive quite a bit for that. :p
These guys are going to drag their parents, grandparents, children, bothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, friends, homeless people, etc, with them to each store. :p

These guys are going to drag their parents, grandparents, children, bothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, friends, homeless people, etc, with them to each store. :p

You forgot to mention" throw a fit when they bring 10 games to the counter and get denied". And then the manager gives in because no one wants to deal with that shit.

Firestorm

Honestly, if they had stock the entire weekend I'd probably hit up 4 stores over 3 days or something to turn my old games into a PS4. I wouldn't have been able to see this go through as announced but considering the tweet / newspaper article...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You forgot to mention" throw a fit when they bring 10 games to the counter and get denied". And then the manager gives in because no one wants to deal with that shit.
I still remember when I saw a family buy 5 HP Touchpads when those were being cleared out a couple of years ago or whenever it was. I wonder what they did with them. lol

That was the point of my post though? So.... are you agreeing with me? Sorry I'm confused :lol

Not really?

This part makes it sound like you are actually paying for the console out of pocket which is not at all whats going to happen. You are paying $10 for as many copies of $60 games from future shop you can get and then those become a new console and all the games you want for it. Pretty much exactly what Firestorm mentioned, and you can bet there are way more people on RFD that are thinking exactly like that.

Top Bottom