• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Tiktaalik

Deal is completely insane. Reserving BF4 and AC4. I wouldn't normally get BF4, but it's worth a shot at this price ($10 for PS4 upgrade).

Anyone else having issues with the BestBuy reserver giving an error? I'm going to give it a bit of time to see if it went through. Last time I was spamming it and they called me asking if I really wanted to reserve 4 lol.

possible bad news coming in from the other thread

So Futureshop tweet "ANY game" in caps and you come in with different answers from people working at FS. I tend toward believing you. Maybe the "any" was true at first then they realized that it was insane and decided to make a list. List might be very lenient, though. Patience is the key here I guess, which I do not have in high quantity! haha

possible bad news coming in from the other thread

I think the FS Blog is still the better source at this point, so I wouldn't get too worried yet.

There are like three official documents on the net now, between FS marketing people to the FS site itself, outlining exactly how this works. It shouldn't be too hard to argue into working if they push back.

Quick

Banned
At worst, you're not obligated to buy the game and can simply leave your hold for them to put back on the shelf.

Futureshop blog section replied to me. "Thanks for the feedback! Just one free game per customer, per day."

That solves that! Bring a friend if you need more than one game!

There are like three official documents on the net now, between FS marketing people to the FS site itself, outlining exactly how this works. It shouldn't be too hard to argue into working if they push back.

Honestly I don't ever fight back especially if I'm asking for an insane offer like that one!
Let's face it, they might lose millions of dollars with that stupid deal!

krae_man

Anyone have any recommendations on a decent cheap bluray player. My mom finally got a HDTV and I want to get her a bluray player and some of her favorite TV shows on Bluray.

Unfortunately she likes Sci-Fi and those bluray's are freaking expensive. She won't need wifi or anything, but I guess I could see her getting into Netflix at some point, but not immediately.

Roto13

I like how they're acting like this is a three-day promotion and they won't run out of everything by 10:05AM tomorrow.

Anyone have any recommendations on a decent cheap bluray player. My mom finally got a HDTV and I want to get her a bluray player and some of her favorite TV shows on Bluray.

Unfortunately she likes Sci-Fi and those bluray's are freaking expensive. She won't need wifi or anything, but I guess I could see her getting into Netflix at some point, but not immediately.

A PS3 solves all these problems.

Plays Blurays. When you're done with Blurays, fire it up for Netflix.

All for like $200

iphys

I wonder why they're doing this promo through Monday when that's Remembrance Day. Pretty sure they won't even be open in my province, which means we only have 2 days.

Madouu

Reserved 4 games at best buy / futureshop, we shall see how it goes. If there's no list tomorrow, these will be gifts to a few friends. If there's a list then too bad!

NEED QUICK CLARIFICATION:

I'm supposed to reserve the PS3 versions of these games (in store), correct? And then I can trade in a current gen game for each of them tomorrow (or at least one of them)? And then I upgrade when the next gen versions come out for $10?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
NEED QUICK CLARIFICATION:

I'm supposed to reserve the PS3 versions of these games (in store), correct? And then I can trade in a current gen game for each of them tomorrow (or at least one of them)? And then I upgrade when the next gen versions come out for $10?

They better offer it for 360 (and PC?) versions as well. Haven't read it otherwise since.

zroid

Banned
I take it there's no confirmation of Best Buy matching this promo, correct? Just speculation.

Well BB seems to be far behind in the clarifications department, but as far as we know, both FS and BB are doing this, as stated in the original FP story.

krae_man

A PS3 solves all these problems.

Plays Blurays. When you're done with Blurays, fire it up for Netflix.

All for like $200

She has never touched a computer in her life, and the only video game she has ever played is Tetris. A PS3 would be a complete waste. A regular bluray player, possibly with Ethernet or Wifi is all she is ever going to need.

Smiley90

Reservations are going MUCH faster on Best Buy, btw. FS keeps lagging/failing, while Best Buy has had no problems. I might just go visit 3 different best buys tomorrow :lol

BadWolf

My reservation went through, yay.

They only need the game and case right? If they don't care about manuals then I'll trade in Genji 2 (which I got for $5 lol).

Yeah, it probably doesn't help either that I'm refreshing the page every 3 minutes haha. It's the only game out of the three that I really want too.

I kinda just gave up!
I'm just too busy tomorrow to run around the city fighting for copies especially with hoarders lining up everywhere! It's gonna be crazy tomorrow and FS CS employees are going to curse their management and the day they applied for that job lol

Now I'm really glad I didn't go to that Target Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal, as I was going to buy AC4 and COD Ghosts anyways! Will have to get Pikmin another time however.

I'm in Vancouver: both Futureshop and Best Buy have ample copies of COD and Assassin's Creed, yet neither have BF4 anywhere close. Anyone know why?

I'm also a little paranoid that it says no special editions, yet the only AC I could find was a SE (though it was still 60 bucks, so I assume this is the normal version).

Dazzler

I'm in Vancouver: both Futureshop and Best Buy have ample copies of COD and Assassin's Creed, yet neither have BF4 anywhere close. Anyone know why?

I'm also a little paranoid that it says no special editions, yet the only AC I could find was a SE (though it was still 60 bucks, so I assume this is the normal version).

I reserved BF 4 at Cambie Best Buy location a few minutes ago

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Got a confirmation for COD, but a cancellation for BF4 and AC4. COD is the only game I don't want out of the 3. Whyyyyy.

(Those of you who got a confirmation: did you try multiple times for the same game?)

sikkinixx

That futureshop thing is crazy... Wonder how long the line up will be?

Did the massive EB trade today, $396 worth of shit. Promo was actually a bit lame since I only could get the extra 30% credit for ONE piece of hardware (I traded a PS3, 360 and regular 3DS) since the computer sees it as duplicating the deal. And I had to pre-order a game to get an extra 30% on the games I traded.

Part of me wants to just go back, cancel it and get a gift card, lose the $60 extra credit I got from the 30% stuff and keep my online order, but then I'll have to pay the full tax whereas now I'm only paying tax on $9.

JorgeM Admin said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the questions. Yes, ANY game ANY one game on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, WiiU, PS Vita or Nintendo 3DS is eligible.

Yes, all stores are participating with the exception of Nanaimo, Kelowna, Vaughan, St. James, Garden City, Pembina and Richmond Hill.
Social Community Coordinator
twitter.com/FS_Connect

Asked if it really was any game. This was the response.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Gaming-Announcements/Trade-In-Offer-November-9-11/m-p/462201#M1699

This RFD business never works out for me. I remember the last something like this happened when Best Buy had a bunch of games on clearance for some reason.

Smiley90

Got a confirmation for COD, but a cancellation for BF4 and AC4. COD is the only game I don't want out of the 3. Whyyyyy.

(Those of you who got a confirmation: did you try multiple times for the same game?)

just got the confirmation for AC4 from best buy

Top Bottom