• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My 24h pickup reservation expires at 1140. What if I don't reach the end of the line by then? Oo

Jagxyz

Are we sure that doesn't require a receipt from EB?

Doesn't seem like it ->

I just called. You don't need to have bought the original in store. Ghosts is available now, AC4 and BF4 are available tuesday. $9.99 each with a working copy of the PS3 game.

Between this and the $20 knack coupon and the fact I NEED Killzone. My next-gen game library is going to be up to 5 retail discs and all that free stuff from the PSN.

Quadratic

So if I didn't get a verification email don't bother heading down for In Store Pick Up? I requested a copy of AC4 about 7pm EST last night before the system was brought down.

I'm at work until 5pm today. I have doubts there are any copies of any games left in the GTA.

Dunlop

Total shilling: Our deal was totally better than this deal which makes you wait hours and hours in a line :p

That being said, I wonder if this is something they did because they've got PS4 and XB1 kiosks in stores now. Maybe get people in the stores so they could see the systems. That being said, this deal was *too* good that it probably will be way too crazy for anyone to be even checking out those systems.

I'm trying to spend more money but your DS4 link is borked. I opened a ticket last night

What a weird week, I went from cancelling my PS4 preorder at Amazon to getting

PS4
Killzone
COD:Ghosts (when I upgrade the PS3 version)
Assassin Creed BG (upgrade...)
BF4 (Upgrade)
1 year of PS+

total $462 (432 + $30 upgrade costs) after Paypal and Ebate rebates + the TIV of Disney Singstar, NHL09,NBA09 (lol)

I remember when I used to be jealous of the sales in the US lol

They ran out of every PS3 offering at FS when I was there at noon, thankfully all 3 of my games were put aside because of ISPU

Roto13

Cross posting from the other thread.

That went great!

Got to Future Shop at 9:45. Wasn't opened yet but someone came out through the exit so a bunch of us went in and got in line. I was out of there in 20 minutes. There were tons of people at the other entrance (inside) who weren't allowed in until 10 and I was out at 10:05. :p I got ACIV and my friend got Battlefield 4. Then we headed to Best Buy and I was allowed to jump most of the line there, too, because I had a reservation. They ran out of ACIV and Battlefield before I got there but I had ACIV and COD reserved so my friend and I got those. COD game with a shirt and they gave out some COD swag while we were waiting in line.

Not a bad haul for a copy of Little Deviants and Tetris Axis!

DwsxzSg.jpg

Tagg9

Checked out the Victoria Future Shop, and promptly left after seeing the line. At least 100 people.

Oh well, no free game for me.

Just waited in line for an hour at Best Buy Kanata. Just before I get to the from, some guy two spots up has his whole family show up, and he gives them all games. I mention it to the people ahead of me, but they don't care. Naturally, just as I get to the front, the kid's father gets the last copy of AC4, even though they'd already said they had more than enough copies when they were checking down the line. I went and yelled at the kid's parents for raising a hoarder, but it wasn't as cathartic as I'd have hoped...mainly because I just wasted an hour of my life in a Best Buy lineup. Ugh.

bigmf

Huge success in Alberta. Spiderman 3, Blur and Oblivion traded in at FS for the three titles. They told us one of each title only. Next stop EBGames, traded in unwrapped CODG and preordered the other two. Picked up Knack (with the $20 coupon from the other thread) and Killzone, paid for everything, grand total after gst: $136.45. I'm done before lunch and don't have to pay another penny when I pick up BF4 and AC4 on Tuesday. Christmas came early.

At Best Buy in Vancouver - they're honouring in store pickups for the WHOLE DAY regardless of what time you reserved yesterday. Lineup is all inside and about a 35 minute wait according to an employee.

Just waited in line for an hour at Best Buy Kanata. Just before I get to the from, some guy two spots up has his whole family show up, and he gives them all games. I mention it to the people ahead of me, but they don't care. Naturally, just as I get to the front, the kid's father gets the last copy of AC4, even though they'd already said they had more than enough copies when they were checking down the line. I went and yelled at the kid's parents for raising a hoarder, but it wasn't as cathartic as I'd have hoped...mainly because I just wasted an hour of my life in a Best Buy lineup. Ugh.

Pretty much summed up exactly why I didn't bother with this. The thought of being around people like this kind of disgusts me. I truly feel that saving on something is only worth it if it's convenient and, well, not putting you in close proximity to the bottom of the barrel type. Sorry if that comes off as terribly elitist.

If I lived in the states, I probably would never go near a retail outlet on Black Friday.

Roto13

Pretty much summed up exactly why I didn't bother with this. The thought of being around people like this kind of disgusts me. I truly feel that saving on something is only worth it if it's convenient and, well, not putting you in close proximity to the bottom of the barrel type. Sorry if that comes off as terribly elitist.

If I lived in the states, I probably would never go near a retail outlet on Black Friday.

It's ok to feel like you're better than hoarders. You are better than hoarders.

In Quebec city it was super easy. Waited 10 minutes at Best Buy and 10 minutes at Futureshop, both stores only had CoD(both consoles) and Battlefield 4 XBOX left. Good thing I reserved online yesterday. This week-end I managed to get a total of 240$ on gift cards, making my PS4 160$!

Exr

Heading out later, going to try the Best Buy on Kingsway in Burnaby since I'm going past it anyways. Not holding my breath, can't be fucked with lines if there is one.

Jachaos

So I went to the Centre Laval FutureShop and BestBuy and waited for 20 minutes, we barely moved up in the line and it looked to be around 3h wait it seems like. They only had CoD remaining.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So I went to the Centre Laval FutureShop and BestBuy and waited for 20 minutes, we barely moved up in the line and it looked to be around 3h wait it seems like. They only had CoD remaining.

Only CoD for 360 and Wii U remaining when I left the store as well.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
XdLI72R.png

The PS4 is (almost) HERE! We probably don’t have to remind you that the official launch day for PS4 is Friday, November 15th at 12:01 local time. To celebrate, we’re counting down to midnight on Thursday, November 14th plus hosting PS Vita giveaways and more at the following retail locations across Canada.

Vancouver: Future Shop, Suite 200 – 798 Granville Street

Toronto: EB Games, 267 Yonge Street

Halifax: EB Games, Chain Lake Plaza, 201 Chain Lake Drive

Edmonton: EB Games, Southgate Centre, 5015 111 Street NW, Unit 350

Montreal: MicroPlay, 3101 rue Masson

Calgary: EB Games, Southcentre Mall, 100 Anderson Road SE, Unit 212

CONTEST DETAILS: Want a chance to win a PS Vita? Come out to one of the above retail locations dressed up as your favourite PlayStation character. We’ll enter you into a random draw, and the lucky winners will get a PS Vita!

Make sure to arrive between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. local time dressed in costume to be counted. We’ll select winners at each location and announce them at 11:30 p.m. local time.

Follow @PlayStationCA and #PS4MM on Twitter for up-to-the-second updates.

Will you be there at midnight?
https://www.facebook.com/events/257926324356011/

gogoud

gonna hit up the futureshop here in north york later today and grab cod and ac for wiiu \o/ still says it's available and that place is deserted 90% of the time \o/

Zing

Banned
I was probably 50th in line. I just left. Got both Wii U games but I got literally the only copies in the store. I had one reserved, otherwise I wouldn't have got Ghosts. This was the FS in newmarket. They allowed us to get all three games. I only had two games to trade, otherwise I would have grabbed a third.

Zing

Banned
gonna hit up the futureshop here in north york later today and grab cod and ac for wiiu o/ still says it's available and that place is deserted 90% of the time o/

These games aren't being checked out, at least at my store. The online stock indicator is useless for these games. We were being handed the games and leaving our info on paper.

It was nuts. No one going there at this point will get a game.

Smiley90

At Best Buy in Vancouver - they're honouring in store pickups for the WHOLE DAY regardless of what time you reserved yesterday. Lineup is all inside and about a 35 minute wait according to an employee.

Which Best Buy? FutureShop too? Is there a separate line for ISPU?

Awesome if so! I reserved 2/3 games at the best buys on Cambie&Metro. About to see if I can pick up my reserved COD at FS robson. If anyone wants to meet me at Cambie in 30mins, I have COD reserved there too

EDIT: separate line for pickups at Robson YESSSS

gogoud

These games aren't being checked out, at least at my store. The online stock indicator is useless for these games. We were being handed the games and leaving our info on paper.

It was nuts. No one going there at this point will get a game.

yah but how many went and got the wii u versions :p I'm hoping that I'm one of the only three people that bought a wii u so I'll be able to cod it up tonight.

Grimsen

Tuesday's gonna be a big day at EB for me.

-Xcom
-Knack fo 40$ with coupon
-COD PS4 upgrade
-AC4 PS4 upgrade
-BF4 PS4 upgrade

I wasn't expecting to have so Many ps4 games at launch. :p

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
yah but how many went and got the wii u versions :p I'm hoping that I'm one of the only three people that bought a wii u so I'll be able to cod it up tonight.

Trust me, people aren't waiting hours in line to leave empty handed.

If the Wii U version is the only thing left, the remaining people are picking it up.

zorbsie

FS at eglington and laird was a complete shit show. People were grabbing all 3 titles, some on both platforms. So of course the one game I actually wanted was sold out by the time I got to the checkout. I did get COD for a copy of NHL 2K8 so I can't complain too much. Looking to trade it for ac4 360 if anyone has an extra copy.

Zing

Banned
I was one of four people getting the Wii U version, according to the associate. I got literally the last copies. People near me were going to grab Wii U versions since they were out of AC4 on the other systems.

I waited three hours. There is no way people aren't just going to take what is left. I wish you luck, but I think you are out of it, unless you reserved online.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
After 3 hours of going to 3 seperate stores with reservations, I managed to get all three copies on PS3. Will also be upgrading for 10$ once I get my PS4 in early December with the shop.ca deal (425$ incl. tax with Killzone and PS Plus was a steal). All in all, christmas came early and I'm very happy. Never played an Assassin's Creed game before - really psyched :)

Smiley90

Pretty sure the FS on Robson is NOT honouring 1 game per store per day. Saw some dude walk out with all 3 games by himself.

sikkinixx

Call Bestbuy in Langley, they said ISPU are being kept separate and they will probably keep them longer than the 24 hours. Also, 350 people in line according to the CSR. I'm gonna call back later this afternoon.

Awesome if so! I reserved 2/3 games at the best buys on Cambie&Metro. About to see if I can pick up my reserved COD at FS robson. If anyone wants to meet me at Cambie in 30mins, I have COD reserved there too

Cambie

RS4-

Walked in and out of FS at Warden/7 in 5 mins with COD.

Had AC4 reserved at the FS at Markham/14 but complete trainwreck there, apparently you had to lineup mad early, first come, first serve.

Still a lineup inside, they blocked it off with maybe 30-50 people in line at the returns desk to trade shit.

As usual, families all in the line.

BadWolf

Just came back, with AssCreed 4 in hand. Gave them Genji 2 XD

Walked in and walked out like a boss in a couple of minutes, they were completely out and had only reservations left. Heard them getting calls in the background and turning everyone away.

This was at the Dundas/Dixie FS in Mississauga.

A big thank you to you guys for posting about the deal and reservation tip :)

Believe me, I felt horribly squicky just being in close proximity to these people. Between the dude who had his parents show up, the guys directly in front of me who were talking about scalping tickets for hockey games, and the guy behind me who was talking on his phone about how he was going to take the games to Walmart immediately afterwards to "return them" without a receipt, there was plenty of human filth to go around. And that was just the people in my immediate vicinity -- I can't imagine what kind of dregs of humanity were populating the rest of the line.

Of course, I may just be bitter about the fact I wasted over an hour in line and didn't get a game to show for it,

Smiley90

Seems like all BB's in the lower mainland are doing it then, if the BB in Langley is too. Sweet. I'll pick up my Robson&Cambie games now while I'm already here and head to Metro later once the crowd is gone then.

bigmf

I had to spend 55 minutes in line starting at 9:15. Our line was small, I was 7th in line. One of the guys in front of me didn't have proof of age and it looked like he was screwed. By the time I left, there were enough people in line that all the games were probably all spoken for.

gogoud

I was one of four people getting the Wii U version, according to the associate. I got literally the last copies. People near me were going to grab Wii U versions since they were out of AC4 on the other systems.

I waited three hours. There is no way people aren't just going to take what is left. I wish you luck, but I think you are out of it, unless you reserved online.

well then. :( hopefully there'll be something left. if not... then oh well :( I'll be regretting not waking up early enough for the next few days lol.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
2hrs in line at the Best Buy on Wilson nearby Downsview station.

They ran out of PS3 copies of everything except what was reserved. the 360 versions of everything were plentiful when I left.

Sora_N

Cambie is packed. I'm just gonna go class and come back later. The girl at bb said reservations are held till close.

I
I'm at the front of the line being helped right now. Hai

Top Bottom