• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Hilti92

They have a separate ISPU line? Had no idea. I did the reserve online and just saw the copies out on the floor so I grabbed them. Wonder if they'll still be on reserve if I go later..I wouldn't mind getting two more copies to donate to charity.

Haines

Banned
just froze my ass off for 3.5 hours and return home with nothing

why? because i'm an unlucky idiot

Yeah, Im sorry but yall are crazy for chasing this deal. You could have gone to work and made more money, sat at home and played games, or anything else....all these silly line ups over a free game? SMH.

Yeah, Im sorry but yall are crazy for chasing this deal. You could have gone towork and made more money, sat at home and played games, or anything else....all these silly line ups over a free game? SMH

lol.

Most gaffers scored big on this deal. It was definitely worth it for me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'll be at Cambie in about... 30mins at the reserved line. I have AC and COD reserved but only need AC (and will only pick that up), if anyone wants in. 360.

I also have AC and BF4 reserved at Metro ad BF4 at coquitlam.

Better save than sorry.

Also lol i'll wait 30mins for a free 60.- game thank you very much.

Hilti92

Yeah, Im sorry but yall are crazy for chasing this deal. You could have gone to work and made more money, sat at home and played games, or anything else....all these silly line ups over a free game? SMH.

I make $12/hr. I couldn't have paid for these games with the 2 hours it took.

Ramblin

Banned
North York was fun, crazy busy in the morning, went to the lcbo and had delicious brunch, waited in line for a little over an hour cracking jokes with the wife and trading in one game I'll never play for one game I wanted. No hoarding, no flipping, I was fortunate enough to have read gaf during work yesterday and made a reservation. The people around me weren't so gaf-savy, I felt bad for the kid and his mom in front of me, waiting until they were ten spots before the checkout and told there were no more copies of anything.

Roto13

I stood in line for a grand total of less than an hour (inside) and got $120 worth of games and some swag. The only catch was I had to get up early. I think I did fine.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Weren't you the person that got your reservation cancelled? It clearly states on the website that reservations will be honored in the FAQ. I'd give it a shot to call the manager at the store who advised you he cancelled your reservation that he had no right to do so and show him the FAQ - maybe you will be able to get your game or atleast a voucher until they receive stock as they were clearly in the wrong.

What was your take? Like I said, I hardly paid it any attention once I saw what it was and the frenzy over it.

Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed 4

All for PS3 and all will be upgraded to PS4 versions. I traded in $10 worth of used games for all three and will spend $30 to upgrade them to PS4 versions. That's $40 for three Playstation 4 games.

Once I'm down with them I will trade them back to Future Shop for $40 worth of trade credit EACH.

That's $120 of trade credit for $40 spent if I trade them in before January 2nd.

Smiley90

Best Buy Metro just called me and asked when I'd be coming in and whether they should extend my 24h reservation. Nice of them. I told them to just keep BF4 and put AC4 back for others to grab as I wasn't coming by for a while.

Hilti92

Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed 4

All for PS3 and all will be upgraded to PS4 versions. I traded in $10 worth of used games for all three and will spend $30 to upgrade them to PS4 versions. That's $40 for three Playstation 4 games.

Once I'm down with them I will trade them back to Future Shop for $40 worth of trade credit EACH.

That's $120 of trade credit for $40 spent if I trade them in before January 2nd.

I believe you only get a code, not a physical copy. I think that's what the little sticker on the box says.

Haines

Banned
I stood in line for a grand total of less than an hour (inside) and got $120 worth of games and some swag. The only catch was I had to get up early. I think I did fine.

Yeah, I didnt realize it was allowable for more than 1 game. That makes more sense to chase now.

Eleuin

2hrs in line at the Best Buy on Wilson nearby Downsview station.

They ran out of PS3 copies of everything except what was reserved. the 360 versions of everything were plentiful when I left.
I walked in around 1 and the only people still there were people reservations. Maybe around 10 in front but it still took at least half an hour because there were only two cashiers going.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I managed to get a copy of BF4 and COD:G for PS3 from my local Best Buy without any issues. I only had to wait about 40 minutes in total. I heard the Future Shop across the road was pretty busy, though. What's in this for FS and BB? It seems to good to be true.

zroid

Banned
Weren't you the person that got your reservation cancelled? It clearly states on the website that reservations will be honored in the FAQ. I'd give it a shot to call the manager at the store who advised you he cancelled your reservation that he had no right to do so and show him the FAQ - maybe you will be able to get your game or atleast a voucher until they receive stock as they were clearly in the wrong.

ugh... that bites. I'm not sure if I can be bothered at this point, but I may give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Honestly my limit would have been 1 hour for any game if I'd known beforehand how long the wait was. The line was pretty long but I thought they'd be better organized, so I jumped in. And you know how it is -- after waiting an hour it becomes even harder to abort.

Jagxyz

Anyone know if futureshop is flexible with their 24 hour rule for in-store reservation? Don't know if I can make it by 330.

Smiley90

Best Buy cambie doesn't have a separate reserved line ugh. They said they'll keep all copies til 10pm though, so I'll come back later.

Got to FS Centre-Ville around 9h30, waited a bit more than two hours and left with COD for PS3 and AC4 for WiiU, they went out of AC4 for PS3 right before it was our turn.

Tola

Neo Member
Huge line ups at BB and FS st Lansdowne in Richmond, BC. At least in FS, the line up is in doors. FS has a separate line for ISPU.

Sora_N

Best Buy Metro just called me and asked when I'd be coming in and whether they should extend my 24h reservation. Nice of them. I told them to just keep BF4 and put AC4 back for others to grab as I wasn't coming by for a while.

Wtf they didnt call me!!! I'll call and ask

Smiley90

Duji

What should I do for tomorrow? Reserve a copy for in store pickup then go there and ask to trade in instead of paying $? Is that what you all mean by "reserving"?

Roto13

Anyone tried to trade their 3ds games? Did they allow it?

The FAQ says 3DS games are allowed. I traded in Tetris Axis. I also traded in Little Deviants for Vita, though it wasn't really clear from the FAQ if Vita games were going to be allowed.

Smiley90

What should I do for tomorrow? Reserve a copy for in store pickup then go there and ask to trade in instead of paying $? Is that what you all mean by "reserving"?

That's what we did, but there won't be any copies left tomorrow, and you can't make anymore reservations, that went down yesterday evening.

Bdub

Tried at noon, and the lineup huge, with a 2 hour wait. Went back at 3:00 PM after they sold out, and picked up my reserved copy of Ghosts. Nobody was in line.

jaybeeze

I have 2 spare copies of COD for 360 reserved at Cambie if that's what you guys are looking for.

Cambie didn't call me either but they said they'll honour all reservations til closing regardless

I'm looking for CoD, yeah. How would that work. Haven't the time to go down to Cambie unfortunately.

daftstar

Waited 3 hours in line at FS and was one of the last people who could get a game without ISPU (they only had 360 COD:G left though). I had my AC4 on reserve and they were honouring that but they couldn't find my copy even though I was in their system. The lady had to call someone else and cancel their reserve to give it to me... Kinda sucks but I was waiting for a long ass time and there was no way I was leaving empty handed.

Smiley90

I'm looking for CoD, yeah. How would that work. Haven't the time to go down to Cambie unfortunately.

Ah then that's probably not gonna work, sorry :/ Don't think they're lenient. FS Robson wasn't and BB Metro told me on the phone only 1 game per person too, don't think BB Cambie will be any different...

Sora_N

I have 2 spare copies of COD for 360 reserved at Cambie if that's what you guys are looking for.

Cambie didn't call me either but they said they'll honour all reservations til closing regardless

I'm going metro tonight regardless so I'll call later lol.

Smiley90

Yeah that was me lol. I was gonna shout "YO WHOS SMILEY90?" but I decided against it

LOL. I was like 6/7 people behind you. White dude with short beard and brown backpack. Should have totally yelled, some of my friends call me Smiley in real life too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lined up for BF4, assuming my reserve was cancelled, but called just in case and they said that they were honoring them so I got COD Ghosts as well. Went about as well as it could have today. lol

I'd offer a gaffer my 46 dollar copies of COD Ghosts and BF4 PS4... but after shipping costs, you might just be better off buying the games new.

Fularu

Banned
Got PS3 versions of all 3 games (traded in Dance Central, Chrome Hounds and Forza 2)

I had the PS3 version of Black Flag reserved at one futureshop and told them I didn't need it... the guy behind me was soooo happy

Feels good making someone's day like that :)

Top Bottom