• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

UberTag

Preordered a PS4 at my nearest EBGames this morning during my lunch break.
Was 7th on the store list. Doubt they lasted the day.
This is the first console I've pre-ordered since the Sega Dreamcast way back in 1999.

centracore

I preordered PS4s from Amazon.ca, Best Buy, Future Shop and EB Games - want to ensure I get one on launch day without having to line up for it.

iphys

Put in an order for Wonderful 101, New Super Luigi U, and Game & Wario this aft.

Agh, I wanted to post when I saw 12 copies of Project X Zone in stock, but gaf was down. Hope everyone got a copy that wanted it, or maybe they'll still add more.

Edit: BTW, Rayman Legends Wii U is down to 21 copies from 98 yesterday, so anyone who wants a copy should act soon.

FluxWaveZ

I preordered PS4s from Amazon.ca, Best Buy, Future Shop and EB Games - want to ensure I get one on launch day without having to line up for it.

This made me do the same by pre-ordering online from BB, Future Shop and EB Games all with express shipping just to make sure. I'll cancel two of them as the date to release approaches.

iphys

I expect it will take them at least a day to get Donkey Kong into the system, if they do get around to it. I'm considering whether to get it if it does go up. The one game I'm most hoping they do add is Zelda 3DS, but if not, then yeah, they'll probably have a trade offer where I can trade in one of these other games I'm getting for it.

amrod

I asked them on twitter...

‏@amrod_69 2h
@FS_Gamer Where are the PS4 pre-orders for Knack, Killzone, Infamous?
Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 2h
@amrod_69 Check for those titles, too, either later on today or overnight! :)

@fs_gamer When will The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS be up for Pre-order?
@amrod_69 We'll be adding it either some time today or overnight tonight! Pls check back a bit later! :)

Now to still find a WIIU System deal :p

zeitgeist

Wish I could have gotten the collectors edition of FFXIV ARR for $20 off at FS. Since the normal version for ps3 isso much cheaper with this promo I am going for that :(

Also grabbed Dream Team and South Park.

I hope Zelda 3DS pops up soon so I can grab that and maybe some others.

iphys

I asked them on twitter...

‏@amrod_69 2h
@FS_Gamer Where are the PS4 pre-orders for Knack, Killzone, Infamous?
Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 2h
@amrod_69 Check for those titles, too, either later on today or overnight! :)

@fs_gamer When will The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS be up for Pre-order?
@amrod_69 We'll be adding it either some time today or overnight tonight! Pls check back a bit later! :)

Now to still find a WIIU System deal :p

Excellent!

Sora_N

Wish I could have gotten the collectors edition of FFXIV ARR for $20 off at FS. Since the normal version for ps3 isso much cheaper with this promo I am going for that :(

Also grabbed Dream Team and South Park.

I hope Zelda 3DS pops up soon so I can grab that and maybe some others.

I think the promos are only meant for games capped to 59.99, I wish Tales of Xillia CE worked.

What's everyone experience with Canada Post recently, by the way? My Animal Crossing copy, shipped on Friday, *still* hasn't arrived. I'm surprised because usually it arrives next business day after being shipped.

I hope this isn't a new common trend.

i-Lo

So, futureshop canada are such asshats. They've MGSV on Xboned section but not PS4. Did major nelson get to them or something? The lack of proper games for pre-order on PS4 is truly disturbing.

I really wanted asap because it could help me get TLoU for $40 at launch.

I put my online preorders with all the stores as well, but I'm not sure about their shipping speed! Can I upgrade to Express shipping later? or it doesn't make a real difference?

Mikey Jr.

So I preordered a PS4 a few hours ago at Futureshop.

Am I guaranteed a PS4 on launch day? If they couldn't guarantee launch day, they wouldn't be taking pre-orders, right?

Kud Dukan

Looks like FS/BB are updating their site with a ton of PS4 games for preorder. A lot of the links are broken, but at least they are appearing now.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I wanna line up at Costco like last time lol. 4am

SaitoH

the chick at my Ebgames had a list and she said she had to mark my name down as number 5 for Xbox one since they're only getting ten at that EB

I was talking to some clerks at EB and they were allocated 6 Xbox One's. Apparently they only have the Day One Edition, for now at least.

krae_man

Knack, InFamous and a WHOLE bunch of PS4 games are up, however when I add them to my cart I'm getting no discounts, I wait.

Yeah, Watch Dogs didn't have the discount initially, but they fixed it.

Edit: Rayman Legends and South Park were announced for PS4?

Edit: LOL Ducktales Remastered for $60

Noahd41

Neo Member
Anyone know why killzone, and infamous aren't included in the preorder sale at futureshop?

Knack, InFamous and a WHOLE bunch of PS4 games are up, however when I add them to my cart I'm getting no discounts, I wait.

I just think the code hasn't been updated. I was on late last night and the same scenario was occuring for all ps4 games, before they updated with new titles today (I'm looking to get a PS4 and order TLOU, Killzone and Infamous). I'm not getting images for any of those items either, so that leads me to believe it's just incomplete and will be updated shortly.

A whole slew of PS4 games just went up on Future Shop's E3 page, but none of them seem to have the discount yet. It's probably not yet finished, since games like Titan Fall (sic), The Dark Sorcerer and Mirros Edge 2 are up for pre-order.

i-Lo

A whole slew of PS4 games just went up on Future Shop's E3 page, but none of them seem to have the discount yet. It's probably not yet finished, since games like Titan Fall (sic), The Dark Sorcerer and Mirros Edge 2 are up for pre-order.

And they still don't have MGSV

What a joke.

I waited for them to fix it.

Also pay attention to shipping charges. Some games accidentally didn't have free shipping for a bit too.

Yeah, got my eye on the shipping stuff. Worst case scenario I make my 5+ game pre-order in the morning, so delicious, this deal.

zroid

Banned
I'm up to 18 games pre-ordered now.

More to come... :(

Wii U and 3DS are killing me this year, while PS3 adds insult to injury.

I love doing all my pre-orders through FS like this every year. I just click a few buttons and games show up at my door with a huge discount until next E3, where I do it all over again.

ohlawd

omg nooo Rayman Legends is 9 left. I won't be able to make it by tomorrow. Store is closed ;_;

Will they restock? lols asked this already but I figure everyone skipped it since the answer was obvious >_>

krae_man

omg nooo Rayman Legends is 9 left. I won't be able to make it by tomorrow. Store is closed ;_;

Will they restock? lols asked this already but I figure everyone skipped it since the answer was obvious >_>

Where are you seeing stock numbers, I haven't seen a single game have a stock number mentioned.

Edit: Never mind I see it. That's the first time I've seen that.

Top Bottom