• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I've got a preorder in at Amazon.ca but since they aren't shipping until Friday, meaning it would be here until next week, I think I'll go out Friday morning and see if I can pick one up at an uncommon store like Shoppers or one of the business depots. If I'm there early I'm sure II'll be able to find one. Everyone seems to be going to the usual places.

My amazon.ca shipping estimate is friday as well.. lets hope they change that soon.

astonish

Can't decide if I should upgrade ghosts to PS4 or trade it in (sealed!) and use the money towards NFS. Buying NFS anyway and I'm not that interested in Ghosts... planning to upgrade BF4, but if they hassle me I'll just do it digitally...

Anyone know the likelihood of grabbing games Thurs night is (NFS/BF4)? My console is coming in the mail, I'd prefer to be all disc'd up when it arrives instead of having to run out to the store.

Appleman

My amazon.ca shipping estimate is friday as well.. lets hope they change that soon.
I only see a "delivery estimate" on my amazon orders page for the 18th-19th... Really hoping it somehow makes it on the seventeenth or I'll have to wait a week to pick it up

krae_man

Does anyone who got the gamers club email today know where we're supposed to redeem that code for Play?

I'm just curious if there are any coupons in it or something.

pepperzz

Any word on EBGames online shipments yet? I've been watching my order screen like a hawk and nothing. This week might actually kill me.

Orca

Saw my credit card was charged for the PS4 preorder the other day. Not sure if that means I won't be waiting a week after launch or not though.

Damn! FS haven't charge me yet... but I hope it's because it takes a while for my credit card to update that.

On the futureshop order page you sill see if they charged you, possibly before it appears on your card. At the bottom of an order page, in Payment Information --> Credit Card Information, you will see "charged: X.XX".

Toronto GAF, are you interested in buying a used but good condition Black DSi with Four Swords for $90? New ones go for $100 at EBGames (but they don't show used ones), Used XL's go for $80, but naturally none have Four Swords and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get now.

Should be fair?

I went in to EB Games yesterday to exchange my copy of Battlefield 4 PS3 to PS4.

They said to me that the promotion doesn't start until the 15th. Is this true?

zroid

Banned
I used my RZGC code and flipped through the (digital) issue of Play. It was surprisingly decent.

Even the reviews weren't that bad.

I used my RZGC code and flipped through the (digital) issue of Play. It was surprisingly decent.

Even the reviews weren't that bad.

Your code worked? You just went to the website and subscribed with the code? Mine says invalid... I only care because I am sure they will put coupons throughout the year.

zroid

Banned
Yeah coupons were the reason I bothered with it at all, haha. But there weren't any in this issue (I think). My code worked, yes, not sure why it's busted for others...

a916

On the futureshop order page you sill see if they charged you, possibly before it appears on your card. At the bottom of an order page, in Payment Information --> Credit Card Information, you will see "charged: X.XX".

It's charged!! Thanks for the heads up!

It's a wonderful day!

stone-cold-beer-o.gif

Ryde3

I went in to EB Games yesterday to exchange my copy of Battlefield 4 PS3 to PS4.

They said to me that the promotion doesn't start until the 15th. Is this true?

they told me the same thing at my local EB, but just went to one closer to my school and exchanged my COD with no issues, trying for BF + AC tomorrow morning.

Cmagus

Wooo just got a PS4 I went to Best Buys PS4 page and a pre-order must have been cancelled and it opened up I managed to grab one.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Oh wow, that says charged as well for me!

But it says Charged: $451.99

It doesn't say what date.

Cmagus

haha now people with no pre-order will start camping the page! You have been lucky, good for you! =)

This is actually the third time I've seen a pre-order open up but the last two I was too slow. My advice is create a best buy account and put your credit card and stuff on file so its almost instant checkout lol.

Dazzler

Someone on RFD said they were speaking to a BB customer service rep who said consoles will be shipped day before release, so if you leave near a distribution centre you'll get it on the Friday

Cmagus

So monday in Calgary then :\

They may ship it early I mean both Futureshop and Best buy have been charging people I know Best Buy just charged me now for it. I would imagine they will ship them out early if they are taking payment already.

BB and FS for games usually seem to ship according to the estimated delivery date......I imagine GTA and GVA orders will ship Thursday or Friday morning and farther away points will ship Wednesday......

Top Bottom