• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

gzero

I've pre-ordered from amazon before and this was always the case. It'd say ship date = release date, but they'd end up shipping the day before and arrive on release date.

Also, LAST WEEK, my ship date said Nov 22nd or something ridiculous.. Today it updated to Nov 15th.. I expect it'll update again before midweek. And this is a launch edition pre-ordered on June 10th.

Where do you see a ship date? Mine has only ever given a delivery estimate.

I had good luck with amazon.ca for years, but the last few items I've preordered were late -- one of them was a bluray that didn't ship until 10 days after the release date. So I'm not going to get my hopes up for Friday.

joedick

LOL EB just sent an email saying they will give $30 trade in credit for the BestBuy/FS Gong Show games.

Yeah, thought that was funny. I'm not sure why people thought they'd start offering less, they want people to bring these in. They'll sell a ton of em for $50 - 55 through the new year. Though I'm not sure why anybody would flip at EB instead of selling it new on ebay.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Where do you see a ship date? Mine has only ever given a delivery estimate.

I had good luck with amazon.ca for years, but the last few items I've preordered were late -- one of them was a bluray that didn't ship until 10 days after the release date. So I'm not going to get my hopes up for Friday.

My order says:

SHIPPING ESTIMATE Friday Nov. 15 2013
DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Thursday Nov. 21 2013 - Monday Nov. 25 2013 by 8:00pm

Magnus

Ordering consoles online seems so risky, damn.

I shall be acquiring mine at midnight at my buddy's EB. Can't wait! But don't even know which launch game I'll get, LOL.

Can't believe we're this close to the start of a new gen. EXCITE

haha EBGames just sent me a flyers with "30$ gurantee for Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4 and CoD: Ghost". They want in on that Futureshop/BestBuy goodness!

I got that too! I can't seem to find the page for their next-gen upgrade promotion though. They didn't get rid of it before the flood of BF4, AC, and CoD comes in, did they? Or is it just terribly hidden in their site?

I plan on doing the upgrade with all three games tomorrow.

Magnus

Pretty sure I read in a Future Shop flyer this week that all 'next-gen' titles (XBO/PS4) would receive a guaranteed trade-in value of $40 through January 2, 2014. True/false?

Also, did someone already post the Staples deal on Bioshock Infinite? $20 new!

I don't even have a "shipping estimate" to look at :( Just the delivery estimate...

Where is this info?!

Click on Account > View Open Orders

Should see something like
5fT44.png

DrEvil

Yeah me too, MrEvil can you take a screencap? Your optimism gives me hope

Thats Doctor Evil, I didn't go to evil medical school to be called Mister, thank you very much!

Anyway, screenshots, as it shows in two places:

ZNKvuQZ.png

5LfM0GR.png

Pretty sure I read in a Future Shop flyer this week that all 'next-gen' titles (XBO/PS4) would receive a guaranteed trade-in value of $40 through January 2, 2014. True/false?

Also, did someone already post the Staples deal on Bioshock Infinite? $20 new!

True, I saws it too!

Lexxism

haha EBGames just sent me a flyers with "30$ gurantee for Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4 and CoD: Ghost". They want in on that Futureshop/BestBuy goodness!

If they will not honour the $10 upgrade to next-gen, I'll probably do this trade or go to FS/BB if they still allow trade-ins for $60.

I got that too! I can't seem to find the page for their next-gen upgrade promotion though. They didn't get rid of it before the flood of BF4, AC, and CoD comes in, did they? Or is it just terribly hidden in their site?

I plan on doing the upgrade with all three games tomorrow.

It's terribly hidden.

DrEvil

They will honor it, there is no reason not to, they make a net profit of $10 off each "deal" like that.

Wouldn't consider it a profit, as they will have a surplus of current-gen titles that they'll never move... they're essentially losing $50 per upgrade, in the long run.

Anyway, screenshots, as it shows in two places:

Thanks for taking the time to do that... My order screen does not look like yours....

...Strange that it's listed for your order, and not mine. I just took a look at a Bluray that I had pre ordered, and they list a ship date!? So why not list the info for the PS4?!?

Ugh, next system pre order will be at a brick and mortar store...

It's really frustrating that Amazon.ca isn't offering launch day delivery. You'd think that having a preorder in since June would get you that. Definitely going to go out early Friday and try and buy one at a store because fuck waiting until Monday/Tuesday.

Oh man, if we're (shop.ca) going to beat out amazon.ca getting launch PS4's out for our customers, I will be like this all day on Friday:

1049.gif

Holy shit Walmart.ca just had the COD Ghosts + Xbox One pre-order available! Just snagged it and now its sold out! I must have gotten lucky after someone cancelled theirs! Looks like I got mine!!
3AQmK.gif

Gogo_ZvC

Order Received: Wednesday June 12 2013 9:53:14 PM
SHIPPING ESTIMATE: Friday Nov. 15 2013
DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Thursday Nov. 21 2013 - Monday Nov. 25 2013 by 8:00pm

184.gif

Definitely going to a midnight release though just for the experience. Should have got that shop.ca KZ/PS+ bundle. Oh foolish am I.

Savitar

It releasing on a Friday screws over the vast majority of us, we all know what that means mail wise.

Hence the stupid arrival times unless your in a major city near by.

I heard BB and FS gift cards are interchangeable, any idea if you can call FS customer service and apply a BB GC? Or use it in-store?

You may just sell it for its value on Kijiji and save the shipping!

In-store I don't know but I called Best Buy Saturday and they applied my Futureshop gift cards for my PS4.

Yes, they work online, over the phone and in store as well. I did them all.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Wouldn't consider it a profit, as they will have a surplus of current-gen titles that they'll never move... they're essentially losing $50 per upgrade, in the long run.

Think of it this way. They are getting a trade in from you and you're paying for it. So, they are losing on giving you a next gen game, they will make up the loss on selling that game pre owned for 5 dollars less than the new price on numerous people trying to save a buck or two over the holidays.

edit:

Has anyone that bought through futureshop online actually been charged yet for their console?

There seems to be plenty of people here from the GTA...

I pre ordered two games (one XBone and one PS4) on Shop.ca. I figured I'd give them a shot since my wife has been buying baby items from there. I ended up only paying $48 for the two games with the discounts/stacking of codes...

By chance did anyone pre order at an EB in mississauga?

I have a pre order at the Meadowvale location and they still don't know how they will handle the midnight launch and how many systems they are getting. Fuck

Also have one pre ordered at amazon.ca but going to hae waiting till Monday.

I just caught this... The Meadowvale area is my old stomping grounds! I grew up in that area before I moved to Milton.

attention. everyone who wants to upgrade to next gen with the games with the EB Games thing http://www.ebgames.ca/collection/upgrade
You guys will need to direct the employees to this website, if they refuse ask to speak with the manager.
I spoke with the customer service line on satuday, and she said that they have to honor it. It does not require any receipt, and to make them call the Canadian line since they have a direct line to it before I even leave their store.
I will go tommorow and if they give me shit I will tell them that I called and show the website and tell them that they should honor it, and they can even call the head office because it is still true. If I leave without a game I will call their customer service line again.

If they let you trade it and make you pay 15$ instead of 9.99$(not including tax from your province), make them override it show them the website it says 9.99$. and that the only extra money you should be paying aside the 9.99$ is the tax. Its small but hey it's a principle
For these games it is basically worth 50$ when you trade them in for their next gen version.

Here is the info to call them just to be sure.
"If you have an issue with a store, please contact the EBGames.ca Customer Service Center at (877) 442-6303. At the menu press 4 to be directed to Store Issues. They will be able to assist you with any issue you may have regarding stores. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Sunday.

French assistance is also available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (EST).

Store concerns can also be reported at our feedback website www.TellGameStop.ca"

The more crap they give us, the more people should call that line until something from the higher ups either makes them lay the law down or just back down and retreat on the offer. This misinformation shouldn't be accepted.

Does anyone remember if they made similar gestures for the Wii U launch? I thought I'd gotten my online pre-order from Best Buy on the day of release, but I just double-checked my records and it looks like it actually arrived the day after. I live in downtown Toronto, for context.

EDIT: Here's the Future Shop message I think binarymelon was referring to.

I used to rag on FS all the time but the last couple years they have been really good with deals and support

All my problems have been with BB though lol

zroid

Banned
I was happy with BB until they killed their 800RZ for select pre-orders and $5 off all pre-orders promos. Now there's just no more incentive to shop with 'em. Or hardly, anyway.

If only Tsilon and FS were still BFFs

So my Battlefield and Assassins shipped with an estimated delivery of Wednesday cause of Remembrance Day

Same thing happened with Pokemon X but it got to me Tuesday anyway

Not that it really matters, but I want to look at the discs for hype

So my Killzone still says out of stock, while my Battlefield and Need for Speed just today went from pre-order to out of stock at FS. Man, I better get these games by launch...

Top Bottom