• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Bruiserk

BB and FS for games usually seem to ship according to the estimated delivery date......I imagine GTA and GVA orders will ship Thursday or Friday morning and farther away points will ship Wednesday......

Is there an estimated delivery date for the PS4 orders? I don't see it anywhere on the page.

Cudder

On the futureshop order page you sill see if they charged you, possibly before it appears on your card. At the bottom of an order page, in Payment Information --> Credit Card Information, you will see "charged: X.XX".

If that's the case then they charged me as well, even though I don't see it on my Visa statement yet. Ordered September 11.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, a question about Battlefield 4 for the PS4.

If I go tomorrow to the store, can I purchase the LE version, or is that a pre-order thing only type deal?

Appleman

Anybody know if any retail stores will be selling download codes for games over PSN? I remember that some stores would do this if they were sold out of stuff (I recall them selling eShop codes for Luigi's Mansion 2).

I'm just wondering if there'd be any way to convince EB to let me trade in any PS3 copies of say, BF4, +$10 and opt for a digital download code for the PS4 version instead of the retail disc...

Cudder

I have a question.

I have one PS4 ordered from FS, and one ordered from Amazon.ca, I just wanted to increase my chances of getting one on Friday.

If I get, say, the FS order on Friday, and the Amazon order on Monday. Can I take that Amazon console and return it to FS? I know it works for games as I've done it many times, but I don't know if there are some special unique sku #'s or barcodes for consoles that would prevent FS from taking a console purchased somewhere else.

krae_man

LOL EB just sent an email saying they will give $30 trade in credit for the BestBuy/FS Gong Show games.

Anybody know if any retail stores will be selling download codes for games over PSN? I remember that some stores would do this if they were sold out of stuff (I recall them selling eShop codes for Luigi's Mansion 2).

I'm just wondering if there'd be any way to convince EB to let me trade in any PS3 copies of say, BF4, +$10 and opt for a digital download code for the PS4 version instead of the retail disc...

You don't need EB to do that. You can do that yourself on PSN with the code included with the game. You'll need to have the PS3 disk in the system every time you play, but you also have the ability to play the PS3 disk on your PS3.

Dunlop

I have a question.

I have one PS4 ordered from FS, and one ordered from Amazon.ca, I just wanted to increase my chances of getting one on Friday.

If I get, say, the FS order on Friday, and the Amazon order on Monday. Can I take that Amazon console and return it to FS? I know it works for games as I've done it many times, but I don't know if there are some special unique sku #'s or barcodes for consoles that would prevent FS from taking a console purchased somewhere else.

no the serial number is on the receipt at FS

Jayhawk

Since other people pre-ordered their consoles at amazon.ca, here is what customer support told me when I asked them why the launch edition I pre-ordered on June 17th isn't coming to my house until late next week.

"I am so sorry to say that Release-Date Delivery is unavailable for the Launch Edition of the PlayStation 4."

Since other people pre-ordered their consoles at amazon.ca, here is what customer support told me when I asked them why the launch edition I pre-ordered on June 17th isn't coming to my house until late next week.

"I am so sorry to say that Release-Date Delivery is unavailable for the Launch Edition of the PlayStation 4."

They better not be speaking broadly.

Plus Amazon returns are super easy.

But you have to pay for the return shipping? As opposed to walking the thing into a Future Shop store for free, if I were to return the Future Shop order?

Might just cancel the Amazon order now, then. Sounds like FS is surprisingly on the ball, for once.

I heard BB and FS gift cards are interchangeable, any idea if you can call FS customer service and apply a BB GC? Or use it in-store?

But you have to pay for the return shipping? As opposed to walking the thing into a Future Shop store for free, if I were to return the Future Shop order?

Might just cancel the Amazon order now, then. Sounds like FS is surprisingly on the ball, for once.

You may just sell it for its value on Kijiji and save the shipping!

Grimsen

The ps3 Call of Doody I got from FutureShop is English only.

I hope the barcode is the same as the bilingual/trilingual version, otherwise EB could refuse it. :(

I heard BB and FS gift cards are interchangeable, any idea if you can call FS customer service and apply a BB GC? Or use it in-store?

You may just sell it for its value on Kijiji and save the shipping!

Depends on the CSR. Some will allow some will not even though it should work. You won't have any trouble doing it online though

Lexxism

I have a question.

Same question but with games this time. Returning games I bought from shop.ca to fs? Is that possible?

Tuck

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus from that Best Buy Pre-order deal just shipped =). It'l be here within a few days.

Yep. Just cancelled my pre-order from Amazon. I never had high hopes that they'd get it out for launch day anyhow. Which is why I got fallback orders through FS and EB at around the same time.

Appleman

LOL EB just sent an email saying they will give $30 trade in credit for the BestBuy/FS Gong Show games.

You don't need EB to do that. You can do that yourself on PSN with the code included with the game. You'll need to have the PS3 disk in the system every time you play, but you also have the ability to play the PS3 disk on your PS3.

Argh, I know, but I'd give up the PS3 disk ability to just have a pure digital no-disc PS4 copy...

Like I guess there's no way for me to return the PS4 retail copies for store credit/giftcard and then use it to buy PSN cards?

Gritesh

My credit card was charged and it says my ps4 is scheduled for standard delivery.

I pre-ordered the WiiU online and didn't get it until like Wednesday of the following week so my hopes are low for getting the ps4 on Friday.

That is why I ALSO pre-ordered one in store, either way, come Friday I will be playing a ps4.

Why is everyone so sure that Futureshop will get people their consoles on day 1?

Based on some communications in their support forums they are at least attempting to have shipments arrive on the 15th. Atlantic Canadians are probably out of luck, but others may be luckier.

Appleman

Wow, this is total bullshit. I'm pretty sure everyone who clicked pre-order on the "Launch" edition console assumed they'd be getting it day one like the Amazon.com bundle of the same name.

Now I guess I'll have to change my shipping info to where I'll be next week, but I'm worried that could mess with the order...

Based on some communications in their support forums they are at least attempting to have shipments arrive on the 15th. Atlantic Canadians are probably out of luck, but others may be luckier.

Does anyone remember if they made similar gestures for the Wii U launch? I thought I'd gotten my online pre-order from Best Buy on the day of release, but I just double-checked my records and it looks like it actually arrived the day after. I live in downtown Toronto, for context.

EDIT: Here's the Future Shop message I think binarymelon was referring to.

It's really frustrating that Amazon.ca isn't offering launch day delivery. You'd think that having a preorder in since June would get you that. Definitely going to go out early Friday and try and buy one at a store because fuck waiting until Monday/Tuesday.

It's really frustrating that Amazon.ca isn't offering launch day delivery. You'd think that having a preorder in since June would get you that. Definitely going to go out early Friday and try and buy one at a store because fuck waiting until Monday/Tuesday.

Think of it as getting a chance to experience the launch day excitement! This only comes once every 5-7 years, so enjoy it!

By chance did anyone pre order at an EB in mississauga?

I have a pre order at the Meadowvale location and they still don't know how they will handle the midnight launch and how many systems they are getting. Fuck

Also have one pre ordered at amazon.ca but going to hae waiting till Monday.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I just had a webchat with the amazon.ca people and they are so obviously clueless I wouldn't put too much stock into worrying about the consoles not shipping by launch day.

The person on the other end of the chat was like "We won't have stock until friday and wont begin processing orders until then" -- when we've all seen the warehouses full of stock.. it's clear she's just looking at the release date and extrapolating.

my guess is they'll ship wednesday or thursday based on your location, and will probably arrive Friday / monday based on location.

I've pre-ordered from amazon before and this was always the case. It'd say ship date = release date, but they'd end up shipping the day before and arrive on release date.

Also, LAST WEEK, my ship date said Nov 22nd or something ridiculous.. Today it updated to Nov 15th.. I expect it'll update again before midweek. And this is a launch edition pre-ordered on June 10th.

So, yeah.. Don't worry too much just yet.

Omlagus

I was getting really doubtful about Amazon. Even paying for the priority shipping the "launch edition" was still saying 18th - 19th for delivery, so cancelled it on the weekend and will just stick with the BB order.

Now watch me not get that one until next week. :p

Top Bottom