• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

i-Lo

Yep and they've said they'd update it tonight. Also, Titan Fall is expected to be a timed exclusive, so I'm not surprised it popped up from Futureshop.

Ah, I wasn't aware.

I just tried adding second son and I didn't get any discount. Perhaps, I should heed your word and try tomorrow then. Thanks.

ohlawd

Where are you seeing stock numbers, I haven't seen a single game have a stock number mentioned.

Edit: Never mind I see it. That's the first time I've seen that.

yeh iunno what to make of it.

When it's sold out and they don't restock, I will cry a river. Guess I'll have to put down the money for something else. Problem is that pretty much everything else I want, I want on day 1. Too much unknowns for shipping from BB/FS so good chance whatever I order I won't receive 1st day.

another dumb question; this is all free shipping, correct?

Really good deal that might run out shortly.

Amazon.ca has the entire rocky blu ray box set for 25 dollars, FS has it for 30. Got FS to price match amazon.ca, even though the girl i was talking to didnt realise that they shouldnt have considering the item doesnt come with free shipping as it is 24.99 (they are supposed to factor it in accordign to the faq)

so yeah, youre mileage may vary, but 25 for all 5 rocky movies (not actually including rocky v, obviously) is a good deal considerign they are 10 a piece individually. Got it as my birthday gift to myself, yo adrian!

Canon

Banned
omg nooo Rayman Legends is 9 left. I won't be able to make it by tomorrow. Store is closed ;_;

Will they restock? lols asked this already but I figure everyone skipped it since the answer was obvious >_>
Can you even pre-order in-store (and get the deal)? I went and they said no, it's online only.

kasane

I just realized, I have been trading on eb for a long time now. But i still don't have that damn powercard. How do you even get one? They aren't offering me one

ohlawd

Yes free shipping. I've got almost all of my games day one from last years promotion.

Man.

I wonder which game I want to be the "sacrifice".

Don't really care if I can't day 1 Rayman Legends and Sonic Lost Worlds so that's two. Need another one...

Can you even pre-order in-store (and get the deal)? I went and they said no, it's online only.

My plan was/is to get a gift card and use that for the deals online.

krae_man

Man.

Don't really care if I can't day 1 Rayman Legends and Sonic Lost Worlds so that's two. Need another one...

My plan was/is to get a gift card and use that for the deals online.

Just don't pick a Nintendo game since they like Sunday releases. Those are the only ones I didn't get day one for obvious reasons.

I just tried adding second son and I didn't get any discount. Perhaps, I should heed your word and try tomorrow then. Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing too. I'll make my big ass order in the morning - I'll try to avoid games I think will be later than E3 next year in case of better deals ;)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Console buy guide:
If you want a no hassle exchange extended warranty, just use Costco.
If you want RZ GAMER POINTS from Best Buy for future purchases, like games, use BEST BUY.
If you want nothing for buying the console, buy it from Futureshop/EB.

Games buy guide:
If you want RZ point for a total of $60 in RZ points, buy 3 $60 games from Best Buy.
If you want a direct discount of $60 from the total of 3 games purchase, buy 3 $60 from Futureshop.

If you ask me, MGS V isn't going anywhere, it will be there in masses, you should focus on Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, X(enoblade sequel), FE X SMT, Bayo2.

Okay, discounts make no sense. I don't recall FE X SMT being in the direct, however X was, and it's not there. WTF.

Remove
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
ESRB Rating: RP - Rating Pending
Move to Price WatchMove to Wish List
AVAILABLE ONLINE
Information not available
Learn More
E3 2013: We go where the excitement is. Pre-order 3 or more games now and receive up to $20 off each game!* See how.
$59.99
Promotional Savings: $10.00
Total Savings: $10.00

Quantity update
Total: $49.99

Remove
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)
ESRB Rating: P
AVAILABLE ONLINE
Learn More
$59.99

Quantity update
Total: $59.99

Remove
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PlayStation 4)
ESRB Rating: RP - Rating Pending
AVAILABLE ONLINE
Learn More
$59.99

Quantity update
Total: $59.99

ohlawd

Just don't pick a Nintendo game since they like Sunday releases. Those are the only ones I didn't get day one for obvious reasons.

yeh all the Nintendo games are forbidden.

I'll just put it down on Watch Dogs (hahah the Wii U version will probably shit though) if RL is out by tomorrow.

HoJu

the sales for LoZ 3DS, DKC, SM3DW, Bayonetta 2, and SSBU aren't working when i go to shopping cart.
is this the same for anyone else?

big_z

whats the difference between Rewards Zone and normal preorders? i have one of both because the reward links werent up this morning.

astonish

Grabbed my PS4 on amazon.ca last night.

Kinda tempted to grab 3 titles I will very likely buy anyway, I mean why not with the discounts, but I sorta hate committing myself to games and the whole pre-order thing.

I've also never bought online from BB. Do people generally have good experiences getting games in a decent release window from them without much headache? What service do they ship with?

Boogat

whats the difference between Rewards Zone and normal preorders? i have one of both because the reward links werent up this morning.
Sounds like there is a limited supply of the 'reward zone' orders, and these would get priority when shipping out the consoles.

Pre-ordered my PS4 the second it went live last night on Amazon. Hopefully will get me a unit come launch day.

And whats up with stock number? Do all games have this? I was gonna wait til tomorrow to start pre-ordering but if they're gonna run out of stock of pre-orders I guess I'll do some tonight.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's only games that have been allocated. All the other stuff is just in the system, so I can't imagine that they'd arbitrarily stop taking preorders. More likely, if they do run out, there will be some delay and you'll get like a 10 dollar gift certificate like they always do when that happens.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Grabbed my PS4 on amazon.ca last night.

Kinda tempted to grab 3 titles I will very likely buy anyway, I mean why not with the discounts, but I sorta hate committing myself to games and the whole pre-order thing.

I've also never bought online from BB. Do people generally have good experiences getting games in a decent release window from them without much headache? What service do they ship with?

Canada Post, UPS sometimes out of the blue.
Both will leave your PS4 at the door, so watch out.

Haines

Banned
It's only games that have been allocated. All the other stuff is just in the system, so I can't imagine that they'd arbitrarily stop taking preorders. More likely, if they do run out, there will be some delay and you'll get like a 10 dollar gift certificate like they always do when that happens.

Thanks for the advice. New to this deal. Do you or anyone know....can i do 2 seperate orders on 2 cards to get 6 games cheaper? That should eb no prob right?

Appreciate the help guys.

No_Style

Man.

Sacrifice? If you're looking for a "filler" game, you should just add a game that is definitely not coming out. FS will then cancel the game down the line when they discover "TitanFall (PS4)", Killer Instinct (It's F2P) etc aren't coming out.

That's assuming those errors remain tomorrow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks for the advice. New to this deal. Do you or anyone know....can i do 2 seperate orders on 2 cards to get 6 games cheaper? That should eb no prob right?

Appreciate the help guys.
You can do as many orders as you want, as long as 3 games are in the order for the discount to be applied.

aechris

Is there a delay on the new games added today or something at FS? I add Smash Bros, Bayo 2 and Mario 3D World and there's no deal added.

Omlagus

Got in my gamers club PS4 at BB as soon as I got the email earlier. Will do games in the morning. Hopefully discounts all working by then.

Grrr, I got approved for the Shoppers Optimum MasterCard, but it's not going to ship to me until next week. So eventually I'll get a 20% off coupon along with 15,000 bonus points and +15 points per dollar on every purchase, BUT I'm going to miss 20x points this Saturday.

I need to buy a PS3 this month, but I don't know if I should just buy one at the 20x event, or wait and use my 20% off coupon. Bah.

NYR

Pre-ordered my PS4 in store @ Best Buy. I don't trust Future Shop or Best Buy to ship it in time or for day 1 release. I hope the store will honor day and date, don't know how they couldn't! Today is the first in-store Pre order day, so I think I should be near the top of the list.

My PS3 didn't ship until the last week of 2006 - ordered well before that on Future Shop, came out in November 2006.

snack

Pre-ordered my PS4 in store @ Best Buy. I don't trust Future Shop or Best Buy to ship it in time or for day 1 release. I hope the store will honor day and date, don't know how they couldn't! Today is the first in store Pre order day.

My PS3 didn't ship until the last week of 2006 - ordered well before that on Future Shop, came out in November 2006.
Now I'm thinking of preordering in person...

NYR

Now I'm thinking of preordering in person...
Don't let me feed your paranoia. Things have gotten better, especially with getting games on release dates, on both sites. I just live 5 minutes away from a Best Buy, so it works for me.

I personally believe they can't and won't he able to ship consoles early to honour day and date release - they can't control the mail stream like an Apple can, they are the only company I have experience with that can honour getting it on release day.

You also can double down - Pre order in store and return the one you get in the mail if it does ship in time. The in store Pre-Order requires a non-refundable $50 deposit.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Pre-ordered my PS4 in store @ Best Buy. I don't trust Future Shop or Best Buy to ship it in time or for day 1 release. I hope the store will honor day and date, don't know how they couldn't! Today is the first in-store Pre order day, so I think I should be near the top of the list.

I'd be more worried about the shit packaging BB/FS use. I'd be terrified to order a console from them online.

Was tempted to pick up a couple of copies of MGS Legacy Collection from FS for $33 each but I'd rather pay $49.99 each and get some MGS posters from EB. This should be a no brainier for people with a brain. Get it from FS! I am the 1%.

In terms of PS4. I won't be getting one until well into 2014. There are way too many amazing PS3 games coming out and I need to get a PSP2 first. Gran Turismo 6 = at least 1000 hours of gameplay for me:)

SMT

Don't let me feed your paranoia. Things have gotten better, especially with getting games on release dates, on both sites. I just live 5 minutes away from a Best Buy, so it works for me.

I personally believe they can't and won't he able to ship consoles early to honour day and date release - they can't control the mail stream like an Apple can, they are the only company I have experience with that can honour getting it on release day.

You also can double down - Pre order in store and return the one you get in the mail if it does ship in time. The in store Pre-Order requires a non-refundable $50 deposit.

They will ship the consoles before their respective release dates. You can bank that some will receive their consoles on time, or earlier.
Others, of course, later.

btkadams

Guys, there is a South Park Stick of Truth for PS4 listed on Future Shop's preorder page, but there was no announcement for a next-gen release. Think it's real, or a mistake?

SMT

Guys, there is a South Park Stick of Truth for PS4 listed on Future Shop's preorder page, but there was no announcement for a next-gen release. Think it's real, or a mistake?

Must have been the dev/pub at e3. You do realize that both Best Buy and Futureshop have sent several lucky reps to E3 to take down the games, and put them on the sites, right?

btkadams

Must have been the dev/pub at e3. You do realize that both Best Buy and Futureshop have sent several lucky reps to E3 to take down the games, and put them on the sites, right?
Well, yeah, but they made mistakes on games last year too. They listed physical releases of Jet Set Radio Vita and Tomb Raider PC that never came out. In fact, they've had a Jet Set Radio Vita game listed on the Vita preorder page this whole E3 for some reason, which seems suspect to me.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
4GB Xbox 360 netted me 120 towards a PlayStation 4 at eb. Considering I bought it at 130, I'd say it was a good two year rental.

Well, yeah, but they made mistakes on games last year too. They listed physical releases of Jet Set Radio Vita and Tomb Raider PC that never came out. In fact, they've had a Jet Set Radio Vita game listed on the Vita preorder page this whole E3 for some reason, which seems suspect to me.

Not only that, the current page is rife with errors: "The Dark Sorcerer" was repeatedly stated to be a tech demo only and not in any way a game, "Titan Fall" is actually one word and was also confirmed to be an Xbox exclusive (and even if it's timed only, they haven't announced anything and so it's premature), and Planetside is almost certainly free-to-play (also it's Planetside 2 that's coming for PS4). It's not just the PS4 page, either--the Xbox One page shows World of Tanks, which not only is a free-to-play game, but is also coming to 360 only.

And that's ignoring all the spelling mistakes (Mirros Edge 2 u gise).

Top Bottom