• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

J-Man

What the fuck? Microplay is still around?

There are still three Microplays in Ottawa. I think it's mostly a Quebec chain, I saw on the website recently that it's owned by Quebecor.

It appears that Futureshop shipped my PS4, received an email this afternoon. I also got my copy of ACIV: Black Flag from the E3 deal today. Along with Knack, I'll have some stuff to play. However with launch this close, I almost feel like I should have waited until the next year (InFamous?) to buy a console... Launch excitement alone is what is driving me to buy in now.

Megasoum

Banned
There are still three Microplays in Ottawa. I think it's mostly a Quebec chain, I saw on the website recently that it's owned by Quebecor.

It appears that Futureshop shipped my PS4, received an email this afternoon. I also got my copy of ACIV: Black Flag from the E3 deal today. Along with Knack, I'll have some stuff to play. However with launch this close, I almost feel like I should have waited until the next year (InFamous?) to buy a console... Launch excitement alone is what is driving me to buy in now.

Yeah Microplay stores are inside "Superclub Videotron" stores now.

Dazzler

no sign of my PS4 shipping in Vancouver yet

FOCTTKi.gif

dankir

Anybody in Montreal pre-order on Bestbuy.ca or Amazon.ca get early shipping notices? I'm assuming FS and BB have the same warehouses in Mississauga so what are my chances of getting it on Friday? I was assuming it was coming on Monday.

I have one pre-ordered at eb games downtown as well.

Savitar

Nothing new on the amazon.ca front.

At this point it's safe to say Friday is the shipping date.

If by some act of God they ship them tomorrow it'll be too late for the weekend for most of us.

bobeth

Do you know where yours is shipping from? I'm in Montreal and mines coming from Brampton.

Tracking information doesn't appear on CP's site yet (too recent?), I based my estimate on the fact that I chose expedited delivery and that all the stuff FS ever sent me came from Missisauga..

Cmagus

Best Buy just took the money from my credit card and the option to cancel the order is gone that means the PS4 is shipping out tomorrow do pumped.

BestBuy just sent me a shipping notice for my PS4 with the tracking number. Right now, it doesn't say anything on Canada Post website, but my guess is that it'll arrive on release date. I live in Quebec.

Dazzler

Very much doubt it. He said he didn't get a tracking number, yet he has tracking information. And he doesn't own a camera? Every body and their grandparents own cameras.

I'm calling shenanigans on this guy

wtf is the point in telling such a bad lie, though

Well my Killzone FINALLY shipped from FS. No sign of AC4, NFS Rivals or PS4 though. There goes my theory of them holding off and consolidating items to save on shipping.

Mikey Jr.

If by some act of God they ship them tomorrow it'll be too late for the weekend for most of us.

Ouch. That sucks. Missing an entire weekend with the machine will blow.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Very much doubt it. He said he didn't get a tracking number, yet he has tracking information. And he doesn't own a camera? Every body and their grandparents own cameras.

I don't think he ever claimed not to have a tracking number, but the no camera thing is pretty mind boggling.

Madness

Don't doubt amazon sometimes. Sometimes the item is already shipped but they don't tell you for some reason. Like I ordered recently, and like didn't get a shipment update until my order was already in Richmond BC from Mississauga, ONT.

Though the launch crunch is going to be brutal so I can't say for certain, keep the faith though lol.

Quadratic

The only FS preorder I'm missing is Killzone which is scheduled to be delivered on the 15th. No word yet on the console itself. 5 games and nothing to play it on. I hope I get a shipping notice by midnight. If not then it's waiting until next week then. I'm annoyed but not ultra salty about this since I work 9-5 every day and have no interest in lining up in this cold weather for a console. Still would have been nice to play it over the weekend though.

That's fair, but 90% of this thread has become posts from people wringing their hands about their shipping status, or complaining about FS shipping. This has been going on well before PS4 launch.

It's getting tiresome and I wish people would either recognize that shipping takes time and stop posting about it, or better yet opt to simply buy stuff in store if they are certain they will want it day one.

I'm so sorry we're disturbing your busy life on NeoGaf!!
You probably should brace yourself for the coming few days cause it's gonna get ugly and we will have both celebrations and rage attacks at the same time, also someone suggested we do a Canada Gaf PSN ID sharing here as well :p
So pretty much it's gonna be ways from a deals thread lol
#dealwithit

I'm so sorry we're disturbing your busy life on NeoGaf!!
You probably should brace yourself for the coming few days cause it's gonna get ugly and we will have both celebrations and rage attacks at the same time, also someone suggested we do a Canada Gaf PSN ID sharing here as well :p
So pretty much it's gonna be ways from a deals thread lol
#dealwithit

K I'll start PSN: tcbkilla420

launch game- Killzone

Did you choose free shipping? I've never once received a product on release day when I went with free shipping, I'm not sure why this would be different. Are any Prime members getting more feedback from Amazon?

Did you choose free shipping? I've never once received a product on release day when I went with free shipping, I'm not sure why this would be different. Are any Prime members getting more feedback from Amazon?
I started with Express, then bumped it up to Priority (difference between $6, bringing it to $12 for shipping), still Monday to Tuesday as estimated time, for midtown Toronto.

redhot_

Any GAFers going to the midnight launch at EBGames in Guelph?

I literally just got back from that EB. Went to pay off the rest and make sure I was in the clear to come at midnight. The girl was calling people(told one person they were 2nd shipment) she looked me up and said she already called my house and passed a message on that i could come, but i never got a call... i seem to get different answers out of everyone that works there. The bald guy seems to always know whats up though.

Savitar

Got it on the fastest shipping speed possible.

That's Amazon for you.

IndustryX

Killzone and Battlefield shippied finally. Feeling pretty upset as the game I want the most hasn't shipped yet.. NBA!!

Might trade my instore madden order for NBA on account of impatience.

Top Bottom