• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

FrsDvl

Created a Spreadsheet for Canada GAF to post PSN ID's

Figured it'd be a better idea, instead of posting them here.

Quote to reveal

First time creating a spreadsheet, so if something isn't working as it should, blame me.

FrsDvl

I received my AC4 Black Flag PS4 from Best Buy.

But I never got the shipping notification. Ugh.

Same here with Killzone that I recieved yesterday. And happened to me too with Beyond. Would suck if it were to happen with the ps4.. But it's possible that it will.

Krammy

Amazon.ca has yet to ship a bunch of my orders (Killzone: Shadow Fall, Injustice: Gods Among Us, etc) despite them being "In Stock". Is this normal? Is there any way I can it sent faster?

Amazon.ca has yet to ship a bunch of my orders (Killzone: Shadow Fall, Injustice: Gods Among Us, etc) despite them being "In Stock". Is this normal? Is there any way I can it sent faster?
Sorry dude, and welcome to the club, this is amazon.ca we're talking about, sort of like the "special" cousin of amazon.com, expect your stuff next week.
And look at the bride side, you won't give them your business anymore, just like me and many many more, we live and learn.

Savitar

Killzone for me shipped yesterday, but yeah it was in stock for two or so days before they did. Now ebgames.ca says Assassins Creed 4 is in stock and that hasn't shipped.

My PS4 at amazon.ca status hasn't changed since I pre ordered it on June 12 when it first became available.

I literally just got back from that EB. Went to pay off the rest and make sure I was in the clear to come at midnight. The girl was calling people(told one person they were 2nd shipment) she looked me up and said she already called my house and passed a message on that i could come, but i never got a call... i seem to get different answers out of everyone that works there. The bald guy seems to always know whats up though.

Was that the mall one or the standalone one? I'm pretty sure I'm in the first shipment, but I never got any sort of a call.

Quote to reveal

First time creating a spreadsheet, so if something isn't working as it should, blame me.

Well it usually goes as this: the person who created the spreadsheet updates it lol
So we should put our IDs here and you add them to the spreadsheet then probably share the link every now and then after you update it :)

My PSN ID: DrBambinoDent
Games: FIFA, KZ, BF, COD, NFS, Knack, AC IV and PS+ stuff.

Fixed1979

Yea it shipped from Richmond! Did yours ship yesterday?
Our EBgames here is sold out through February!

Yeah, it shipped out last night. Hoping there's a shot for Friday, but I won't keep my hopes up. I thought about keeping my Amazon order and flipping it, if EB is actually out until February it might not have been a bad move.

I'm right beside Richmond... why hasn't mine shipped yet? :(

It's probably because your so close. I would expect they'll get yours out tomorrow and you'll have it the next day. We're pretty far away from any major center.

FrsDvl

Well it usually goes as this: the person who created the spreadsheet updates it lol
So we should put our IDs here and you add them to the spreadsheet then probably share the link every now and then after you update it :)

My PSN ID: DrBambinoDent
Games: FIFA, KZ, BF, COD, NFS, Knack, AC IV and PS+ stuff.

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to add their own? Especially with the coming days with this thread getting slammed with angry posts about Amazon bby and FS not delivering on Friday.. Lol. I'll add everyone that posted theirs so far, and i'll try to keep. Up. But feel free to add yourself.

redhot_

Was that the mall one or the standalone one? I'm pretty sure I'm in the first shipment, but I never got any sort of a call.

It's the one by Wal-mart in that new plaza.

And ya.. they assured me 3 or 4 times now I was ok, and i pre ordered in August which was the last month for first shipments.

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to add their own? Especially with the coming days with this thread getting slammed with angry posts about Amazon bby and FS not delivering on Friday.. Lol. I'll add everyone that posted theirs so far, and i'll try to keep. Up. But feel free to add yourself.

haha ok
I already sent friend requests to everyone who posted here.
The new iOS app makes it very easy to just copy and paste IDs and send requests.
Anybody who posts here make sure your settings allow friend requests from everyone!
Let's fill up that 2000 friend list lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just in case anyone else is curious:

The 10$ upgrade promo at EB DOES work cross-platform! So it works 360->ps4 and ps3->xb1

It is NOT in their system however, so you have to ask them for a manual override. They have been instructed to perform the manual override though.

Source: talked to the manager at my local EB in person.

wtf I thought I accidentally clicked on the PSN ID thread. might as well throw in too

PSN: Goodacre0081
Vancouver
BF4, KZ:SF, looking forward to trying out F2P games

Returners

Just in case anyone else is curious:

The 10$ upgrade promo at EB DOES work cross-platform! So it works 360->ps4 and ps3->xb1

It is NOT in their system however, so you have to ask them for a manual override. They have been instructed to perform the manual override though.

Source: talked to the manager at my local EB in person.

wat.

Where in Ontario?

People in northern Ontario are getting theirs shipped earlier than people in southern and eastern Ontario.

Near Lake Huron Coast - near Port Elgin. Usually takes stuff two days to get to me from when it ships, so I should get it on Friday.

Edit: PSNID: Flawless1984 - ACIV (MP), Knack and PS+ stuff. Not going to have time until Xmas so I'm saving it.

Smiley90

The EBgames 10$ upgrade promo for next-gen games. It's only advertised as being able to upgrade from ps3->ps4 version of the same game or 360->xb1 for 10$. It doesn't say anywhere that it also works cross-platform.

So I went in to check because I might switch from 360 to ps4, and the promo DOES work to upgrade y our 360 game (e.g. COD Ghosts) to the ps4 version, but the store has to manually override the system.

More clear?

Returners

The EBgames 10$ upgrade promo for next-gen games. It's only advertised as being able to upgrade from ps3->ps4 version of the same game or 360->xb1 for 10$. It doesn't say anywhere that it also works cross-platform.

So I went in to check because I might switch from 360 to ps4, and the promo DOES work to upgrade y our 360 game (e.g. COD Ghosts) to the ps4 version, but the store has to manually override the system.

More clear?

Yeah I got it all. I should've gotten AC4 when Bestbuy/FS were doing the trade-ins. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Quote to reveal

I added myself to the spreadsheet, I'll go through and add people on PSN at another time. Like I said in the spreadsheet, PLEASE ADD "GAF" to the friend request.

Smiley90

I'll probably get it sometime before Christmas.

PSN: SmileyFM
Games: AC4/Ghosts/BF4 at least

Sorry dude, and welcome to the club, this is amazon.ca we're talking about, sort of like the "special" cousin of amazon.com, expect your stuff next week.
And look at the bride side, you won't give them your business anymore, just like me and many many more, we live and learn.

Pretty much... Small items like blurays? I don't mind the wait... Something like this? You'd THINK they would have this down, so that MORE people would use them in the future... but nope...

My PS4 at amazon.ca status hasn't changed since I pre ordered it on June 12 when it first became available.

*I know that feeling bro*

My PS4 preorder has just shipped to Calgary from BB, a friend's also shipped today from FS :D

2a4mb80.gif

FrsDvl

Nothing here yet in Edmonton... Probably cause I chose Xpresspost so it'll ship tomorrow and then probably not make it on Friday... We'll see

woromatt

Neo Member
PSN: kaidin12
Launch Games: Ghosts, AC4, Killzone, and debating NFS Rivals or NBA 2k14 (never play sports games but it looks so pretty!!)

Returners

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-...-p/69927?fullsite=true&cmp=tw_bbyc_gamersclub

Hi everyone!

We are all excited about the upcoming launches of the Xbox One and the PS4. We wanted to keep you up to date with the information that we have so we compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions and answered them for you. If you have any other ones, please make sure to post it here and we will be happy to answer it!

I pre-ordered online or in-store, so am I guaranteed a unit?
Absolutely! If you have pre-ordered with us you are guaranteed your console or game.

If I pre-ordered online when will my unit arrive?
Our guarantee is to ship your console as soon as possible after we receive it from the manufacturer. Having said that, we will try our very best to get your console to your door on day one, however this is not guaranteed. A lot of factors play into delivery times such as weather, traffic, stat holidays, delivery location, etc.

Will there be extra units available on launch day if I didn’t pre-order?
We will have limited quantities available to customers on launch day for those customers who didn't get a chance to pre-oder. Please note that quantities will vary on each location. We are expecting lineups at the stores before opening.

Will I be able to reserve and pick up the extra consoles available for purchase?
No, the Reserve and Pick Up option will be not be available for the extra consoles that we will be available for purchase on launch day.

Is there enough inventory to cover all of the in-store pre-orders?
Yes, there is enough inventory to cover all in-store pre orders.

I preordered in-store, how long will the store hold my console?
Your pre-order will be held in-store for 7 days after launch date.

Is there enough inventory to cover all of the online pre-orders?
Yes, there is enough inventory to cover all online pre-orders.

If I pre-ordered online, can I come in in-store and pick my console up?
Unfortunately you can't in-store pick up is only for in-store preorders. If you preordered online, your console will arrive in the mail.

Will you have midnight openings?
For the PS4 we will have select stores across Canada with midnight openings. All of our stores will open at 8am on November 15. You can find full details here
BBYJorge
Community Coordinator

Ugh.

EB Managers are such cowboys. The fine print on the webpage seems to prohibit exactly this...

Smiley90

EB Managers are such cowboys. The fine print on the webpage seems to prohibit exactly this...

I don't think it's prohibited? I don't see anything that specifically prohibits it. I just don't see it MENTIONED specifically, which is why I went to the store and asked. The manager said that they actually received an email instructing them to override it though, so it wasn't his call on the spot.

Maybe you can just access your account from the PlayStation iOS app then try again!

ooh good idea

J-Man

PSN: HunterPhoenix
Launch Games: ACIV: Black Flag and Knack.
Location: I always say Ottawa, On, but since June I've been living in La Peche, Qc

IllumiNate

FIFA 14 arrived today! Hoping to get Killzone and ACIV shipped soon from FS.
Ghosts was purchased on PSN during the spend $50 sale.

Top Bottom