• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Noahd41

Neo Member
The closest I've gotten is with them switching out the French copy of CoD with the English one.

Most stores wouldn't do an exchange like that =/

Darn. That's annoying because they can still sell it as a full price game and wouldn't lose anything on it. I can just sell it on kijiji for full pop, or even get more for trading it in as a used game, right? Oh well.

If they are going by what their sites say, Edmonton will get shipped out tomorrow, since we're in a 2 day delivery zone or whatever you call it. Everyone that is in a 3 day delivery area has got it shipped today.

Sounds good. The excitement is building. I never thought to look at the site, but I'm sure they get questions on shipping dates all the time so that makes sense. I just want it for friday so I can play it on my weekend off.

Darn. That's annoying because they can still sell it as a full price game and wouldn't lose anything on it. I can just sell it on kijiji for full pop, or even get more for trading it in as a used game, right? Oh well.

Sounds good. The excitement is building. I never thought to look at the site, but I'm sure they get questions on shipping dates all the time so that makes sense. I just want it for friday so I can play it on my weekend off.

Get that EB coupon for the 40 dollar Knack and then trade Ghosts to Futureshop for 40 bucks?

Ummm, when I went to EB to get my new edge card, they gave me a Platinum one. Are they supposed to do that for the old green owners? Isn't that the $15 one?

Isn't NFS Rivals supposed to be a launch game? I haven't seen a single person reporting it being shipped or even being charged for it! FS gets weird sometimes!

Cmagus

Hmm so I decided to check my PS4 order before bed and now I get this

i6GlBTc2G4njj.png

now I am concerned they better not have cancelled anything I'll be so pissed.

C-Jo

I hope so maybe they are updating something I dunno but it would be pretty crappy if they cancel it or something.

Every single open order I have on BB/FS is giving me that (0141) error code right now. Like I said, it's a frequent occurrence.

I wonder if we can just head over to the UPS warehouse and pick up our orders there.
Unfortunately not. I forget what I had ordered (might have been my nexus 4) and called them up to ask the same thing because I just missed the cutoff for Friday delivery and didn't want to wait till Monday - no can do.

vulva

Same

Not even for the games... Just the excitement of new consoles. Unfortunately tuition is due, and I can make due without a PS4 but can't without an education.

Yeah, at this point I have no real games I'm interested in but there's an excitement for something new. To be real, I can probably afford it right now but it's just so hard to justify.

Naite

Damn, I preordered Killzone and Knack just last night from BB, but they shipped them separately. Killzone shipped from Mississauga in the afternoon while Knack from Richmond 2 hours ago. Knack is expected to come on the 15th, but my tracking for Killzone says this
M1dw1D6.jpg

Jachaos

So it says they are currently processing my order and that I can't access the information right now and to try again later. I live in Laval just out of Montréal by the way. Usually they ship the order around 11pm and I get it the next day around 1pm.

Joeku

Target Pickering just had it's Very Important Guest night. Soft open tomorrow, grand opening later this week. People SPRINTED for the dozen or so leftover 360s from that clearance sale that our store didn't participate in cause we weren't open yet.

I got a 250GB S 360 for $81 after my discount. I so needed it. My 360 was dying.

If anyone wants to come to opening night we'll be having some sales. Not sure if any are game related yet but stop by Electronics and ask for Joey. It'd be nice to meet some gaffers.

Anyone know the going rate of Wii U's Deluxe's on Kijiji at the moment? Having a hard time finding a mean.

Unrelated,
I see Best Buy.com is now confirming that if you pre-ordered an Xbox One, you are guaranteed a console at launch. Are we getting the same treatment this side of the border?

The official Playstation app is out on bit iOS and Android!
And it's amazing :) much easier to add friends, check messages, trophies lots of stuff.
I love it :)

Futureshop would not honor the e3 deal on an exchange for a game. I went in trying to see if I could get Knack instead of COD: Ghosts. I told the rep, I would like to exchange it for another game if you can honor the same price otherwise, I will exchange, he said "ok," rings me up and then wants me to pay 22 bucks for the difference. I asked why he couldn't honor it and just got my money back at that point. Their customer service is super frustrating. Anyone else tried to swap games as part of the e3 deal with any success?

Console update: BF4 and KZ say in stock and ps4 says pre-order. I'm in Edmonton and curious if any other locals have got any word on their shipments yet.

If they are going by what their sites say, Edmonton will get shipped out tomorrow, since we're in a 2 day delivery zone or whatever you call it. Everyone that is in a 3 day delivery area has got it shipped today.

I got mine shipped to Edmonton from Future Shop.

Wow yeah Futureshop/Bestbuy is definitely the place to go if u don't have a preorder. Lots of locations will have 25-100 consoles set aside for walk ins. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/ps4/ps4.aspx?icmp=homepage_20131111_s1_PS4_en

Only about 8 sites including FS and BB will have 100 consoles, the rest should have 25 and they have confirmed that about 10 days ago but with hoarders looking forward to drying up the market to get profit you probably gonna need to line up early to keep your chances of getting one.

Lexxism

Off to bed. Hoping the status of my Need for Speed order changes overnight.

Once this is over it will start all over again with the Xbox One for me.

Mine is still not yet up. How about yours? Damn, looks like I need to buy it in-store and then return it when I got my stuff from online.

Woke up, went for a jog... Checked my emails and headed over to the Amazon site... Yeah the information has not changed. I'm holding on to the hope that since the Main terminal is in Mississauga (and I'm out in Milton), that it should be shipping tonight/tomorrow :(

On a brighter note, my Killzone looks like it's been shipped from Shop.ca... Going by the tracking number, I should have it today.

Ghosts for XBone hasn't shipped yet...

Zing

Banned
Yeah, at this point I have no real games I'm interested in but there's an excitement for something new. To be real, I can probably afford it right now but it's just so hard to justify.
Pass on the PS4 and buy a Wii U. I did so a few weeks ago and it has rekindled that excitement. There are plenty of games to tide you over for a year until the PS4 is viable.

gzero

Finally got a tracking update on the BB order that shipped last night:

2jtVRnC.png

Pretty optimistic that I'll get it for the 15th though, considering my KZ order (from Futureshop but also shipped from Mississauga) was scheduled for the 15th but is out for delivery today.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Knack is getting terrible reviews :(

Guess I'll beat it and then trade it in. Which store was offering that $40 for any next gen game trade in offer?

Top Bottom