• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Fixed1979

Finally got a tracking update on the BB order that shipped last night:

2jtVRnC.png

Pretty optimistic that I'll get it for the 15th though, considering my KZ order (from Futureshop but also shipped from Mississauga) was scheduled for the 15th but is out for delivery today.

That'd be nice if you're right, my order has the exact same delivery expectation. Though even if it shows up here Canada Post sometimes decides to skip Friday deliveries to my office.

Still no charge, and no shipping info from Walmart.ca even though I preordered in June :( My order is still listed as "In Process". If it doesn't ship later today that definitely rules out the chance of me getting one on launch day. Bummer.

So I'm canceling my preorder for a PS4 at EB. If I wanted to give it to someone else, how does that work?

You want to keep it if you're going to give the order to someone else. Otherwise they will probably just give it to the next person on the list.

centracore

My Killzone, BF, and Need For SPeed still haven't shipped from Future Shop. Super annoying. I'll be blown away if they come by friday.

I'm in the same boat with all my PS4 pre-order games from them: Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Killzone Shadow Fall, Madden NFL 25 and Need For Speed Rivals. It looks like my credit card was charged late yesterday but no shipping notice from Future Shop yet (or even an indication from them that they've charged my credit card).

Nothing shipped yet from futureshop INCLUDING Killzone. This is ridiculous.

Well, looks like I'll be grabbing my PS4 pre-order from EB and returning the FS one to the store. I'll also most likely be doing the buy and switch on the games.

Annoying - but at least I'm getting the E3 deal on the games.

Well, looks like I'll be grabbing my PS4 pre-order from EB and returning the FS one to the store. I'll also most likely be doing the buy and switch on the games.

This is exactly what I'll be doing, ugh didn't wanna go the buy and return way but I have no other option!

P.S: Does Gaf seem kinda broken to anybody else or is it just me?

Dazzler

This is exactly what I'll be doing, ugh didn't wanna go the buy and return way but I have no other option!

P.S: Does Gaf seem kinda broken to anybody else or is it just me?

fully expecting the next two weeks to be like this on here

just can't cope with the numbers coming on

Tiktaalik

Seems like there are tons of folks in the deals thread that are always getting stuff shipped (and are constantly bitching about it and/or updating us on their shipping status). I'm curious how many of you actually live like in Moose Factory or somewhere where you genuinely need to get stuff shipped to you?

Seems like there are tons of folks in the deals thread that are always getting stuff shipped (and are constantly bitching about it and/or updating us on their shipping status). I'm curious how many of you actually live like in Moose Factory or somewhere where you genuinely need to get stuff shipped to you?

...or, you could cut people some slack around a console launch that occurs every 6-7 years? Howbout that?

Not only that but many of us lead busy lives that makes shipping more convenient and, for something like this, waiting in 4-12 hour lines nearly impossible.

hupla

I hope FS ends up carrying the Bravely default limited edition since i preordered with them during the E3 sale, would love to be able to switch my PO to that and still keep the discount if at all possible.

A lot of the best deals are online only. Any why would I drive/commute twice to Futureshop for a PS4 when i can get it delivered?

Appleman

I'm not really expecting a BB shipment notification until tomorrow since I reside in a day one zone but I'm not super confident I'll get it

rinse82

I just got a call from the FS store I have a PS4 preorder at.

They aren't sure if they are going to have a separate line for pre-orders vs non pre-orders but are still working out the kinks.

As an alternative, he scheduled me for an "appointment" at 9:15am since I have a pre-order. If I show up at that time I'll be able to walk right in and pick up my console. I went with that option, that way I dont have to bother getting in line early.

I'm wondering what time the line will clear out in front of my EB in the morning. They open at 7 but I want to avoid any huge lines so I don't get stuck waiting outside.

Definitely avoiding midnight launch.

Also, some FS are starting to show NFS in stock so hopefully they will start shipping soon.

amrod

My killzone didnt ship or EA games, even though there in stock

I did get knack & call of duty though

Really wished I pre-ordered from EB instead of FS. Don't know what I was thinking... at least I'd be able to pick up my pre-orders in-store at EB isntead of waiting around wondering what the hell is going on with my order.

Tiktaalik

A lot of the best deals are online only. Any why would I drive/commute twice to Futureshop for a PS4 when i can get it delivered?

That's fair, but 90% of this thread has become posts from people wringing their hands about their shipping status, or complaining about FS shipping. This has been going on well before PS4 launch.

It's getting tiresome and I wish people would either recognize that shipping takes time and stop posting about it, or better yet opt to simply buy stuff in store if they are certain they will want it day one.

sunofsam

Really wished I pre-ordered from EB instead of FS. Don't know what I was thinking... at least I'd be able to pick up my pre-orders in-store at EB isntead of waiting around wondering what the hell is going on with my order.

Lesson learned here as well. Would have been much easier to just walk in after work on Friday and pick it up. I preordered on Amazon.ca as soon as preorders were up. Not sure what I was thinking.

That's fair, but 90% of this thread has become posts from people wringing their hands about their shipping status, or complaining about FS shipping. This has been going on well before PS4 launch.

It's getting tiresome and I wish people would either recognize that shipping takes time and stop posting about it, or better yet opt to simply buy stuff in store if they are certain they will want it day one.

In fairness, I don't think any major deals are slipping by us. We still discuss noteworthy deals/sales/coupon etc. But right now we all want to make sure we get our damn consoles haha.

Let us be excited :)

suikodan

Both Amazon and Bestbuy.ca will wait until Friday to ship.

I can't really understand why. I pre-order a lot of stuff from BestBuy and FS and they usually ship 2 days prior to release day to get it day one. This is for games though, I don't know how they work with consoles...

Tiktaalik

In fairness, I don't think any major deals are slipping by us. We still discuss noteworthy deals/sales/coupon etc. But right now we all want to make sure we get our damn consoles haha.

Yeah I'll concede that right now is a special time for inflated chatter. I'm only really irked by shipping talk when there's nothing else to discuss. I hate to see this thread bumped, and I go in looking for a deal and it's just someone talking about whether or not a deal they got 5 months ago shipped.

Here's my contribution to the launch discussion:

Major downtown retailers are going to have 100- 250 unreserved PS4s. I certainly hope there's gonna be a dedicated reserved line, because otherwise there's no way I'm doing midnight launch. Folks are probably going to start lining up at like 8pm at least.

Yeah, I'm heading to the midnight launch on Robson in Vancouver, where they have 250 extras. I'll be right pissed if they don't have a separate line for preorders.

Nah - I think I'll keep on posting my shipping status and checking other’s thank you very much. This is a general discussion thread and bitching and moaning about the direction that a thread takes especially during times like this is, frankly, a little douchy.

Deal with it.

veras

Both Amazon and Bestbuy.ca will wait until Friday to ship.

Best Buy has already started shipping to people in more remote locations, so I'm pretty sure they're targeting Friday delivery. Amazon.ca are indeed a bunch of chucklefucks, though.

Also, this was posted on the FS forums, I assume BB is operating the same way:

"Happy PS4 release week, gamers!
The countdown is officially on! Some of you have already started to report that you’ve received shipping confirmations, which is awesome! Canada Post starts shipping out based on where you're located in relation to the warehouses. I just wanted to let you all know that if you pre-ordered online with us, that we have a unit for you – we are not oversold. The goal is to get everyone who pre-ordered online their console for Friday, November 15th – however, sometimes there are outside factors that may delay the shipment (weather, traffic, delivery location, etc), but rest assured that there’s a console put aside for you.

If you have any further questions, please take a look at'@JorgeM's Next Generation Consoles FAQs in the Gaming Announcements forum.
Laura"

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I notice 17 qty on bestbuy.ca remaining.. I wonder if it opens up today and I pre-order if they'll ship tonight..

decisions decisions.. amazon is starting to worry me at this point :/

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I notice 17 qty on bestbuy.ca remaining.. I wonder if it opens up today and I pre-order if they'll ship tonight..

decisions decisions.. amazon is starting to worry me at this point :/

I'm assuming they're waiting to fulfill all the current orders before they start accepting more orders. That's my guess anyways.

suikodan

Hey Tik! My PS4 shipped from FS!

This is a PSA for my fellow MTL Gaffers that would be in a similar situation.

Another gaffer (who happens to be my friend as well ;) told me that his PS4 from BestBuy has been marked as ship as well.

Hopefully mine will be in the same truck

Megasoum

Banned
Did anybody pre-order a PS4 from Futureshop online and get an update on the shipping?

I pre-ordered mine in June. They charged my card on monday but the order status page still says :

Order Status: In Progress
Item Status: Pre Order

FrsDvl

Someone on RFD that lives an hour from Mississauga had his PS4 shipped just now. So i'm expecting it'll ship for most people today! I hope so anyways.

Top Bottom