• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Ugh you folks are stressing me out. I guess I should be taking Monday off work instead of Friday since I'm with amazon.ca...sucks to not have it all weekend though its not like I don't have a stack of other games to play.

edit:
Been super impressed with Futureshops games after buying a bunch from the E3 sale. Hit my door on release date everytime, 5 games in a row now. Guess all my preorders for systems will go to them now.

Yeah. I recieved all the games, controllers and more a week ago. FS's E3 sale is where I'm going to be ordering all the time now.

In comparison. I ordered Vita accessories from Amazon and it took a month. What a shitshow.

astonish

Yeah. I recieved all the games, controllers and more a week ago. FS's E3 sale is where I'm going to be ordering all the time now.

In comparison. I ordered Vita accessories from Amazon and it took a month. What a shitshow.

Yah, I might roam a couple places tomorrow on the super off chance that I can get a non pre-ordered unit somewhere and then just sell my amazon one to a friend when it arrives. I have a bunch of friends who's preorders have December dates...

Firestorm

Yeah, there were quite a few people who came throughout the day/night offering to buy my spot. The lowest offer was $700. I had actually posted the events of the last launch earlier...

I copied it again if you want to give it a quick read through...
I'd completely forgotten that PS3s were sold out in the first month. All the Wii hype is what I remember now x.x I didn't think that many people would care so showed up at Future Shop Metrotown (RIP) at 8AM and saw the sign that said they had 99 Wiis. I counted 100 people in line and still more so left and went inside and saw a small line outside EB Games. Decided what the hell and waited in line. They had like 40 systems which was enough for everyone in line up at 10AM or something.

Then I found out that would be the easiest day to find a Wii in pretty much the first year.

Yah, I might roam a couple places tomorrow on the super off chance that I can get a non pre-ordered unit somewhere and then just sell my amazon one to a friend when it arrives. I have a bunch of friends who's preorders have December dates...
That's exactly what I'm doing. My friends know that ive ordered from multiple places. They don't care about "Day One" more than what they care about "Week One". They'll gladly take the console from my hand.

sikkinixx

I'd completely forgotten that PS3s were sold out in the first month. All the Wii hype is what I remember now x.x I didn't think that many people would care so showed up at Future Shop Metrotown (RIP) at 8AM and saw the sign that said they had 99 Wiis. I counted 100 people in line and still more so left and went inside and saw a small line outside EB Games. Decided what the hell and waited in line. They had like 40 systems which was enough for everyone in line up at 10AM or something.

Then I found out that would be the easiest day to find a Wii in pretty much the first year.

I sat in line waiting for a PS3 pre-order at EB and was number 10 when they only had 8. They offered me a Wii pre-order, though in my annoyed state I told them no.

Flash forward a bit later and there I am sitting at 6:30am outside the same fucking EB talking to all the assholes who actually pre-ordered them when I could have. Got the second to last one they had on launch day luckily. Dude in front of me got offer $500 CASH by some random dude to have his place and wisely took it.

Doing the same. I've got an Amazon preorder and if I have to wait until next Monday or Tuesday I will, but I'm definitely going to go out to a few more obscure places for opening and see what I find or don't find. Plus I want to see what the lineups are like at FS/EB just for fun.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Future shop wont give you real cash, only credit.

They just reversed it to my c.c for my return.

Ugh, went to futureshop to pay off my in-store pre-order, and they said I couldn't until Friday.

wtf

typical FS, the only company I know that doesn't want your money.

My PS4 has been listed as shipped along with KZ and BF4. I'm in Edmonton btw.

My PSN is riskBreaker2 if anyone wants to add me to play those games or anything on PS3.

FrsDvl

Apparently some people in Edmonton and Calgary are reporting that theirs is going out for delivery tomorrow. So might be worth checking your tracking info from bby/fs. Wish I took free shipping...

kasane

They just reversed it to my c.c for my return.

typical FS, the only company I know that doesn't want your money.

My PS4 has been listed as shipped along with KZ and BF4. I'm in Edmonton btw.

My PSN is riskBreaker2 if anyone wants to add me to play those games or anything on PS3.

I remember when my dad bought a DSLR with extras on fs, what happened was there was 1 left but the employee wanted it so what the employee did was throw in the supposed extras + an extra battery :lol

nordique

Exchanged my CoD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 PS3 copies from the weekend for PS4 versions.

Had some super awesome and friendly best buy associates.

Bloody amazon will not even ship the console until Friday. I live in a small town so I'm going to check out shoppers tomorrow and see if they're getting any. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Savitar

Hey Amazon.ca has shipped my PS4!

lying-cat.jpg

:(

Madness

I have a buddy who works at a London Drugs in BC, said their stores were only allotted 4-5 consoles a store.

So Best Buy/Future Shop are at least 15-25 a store, I don't know how many walmart will have. But it's still an option for those wanting to do walk-ins

Apparently some people in Edmonton and Calgary are reporting that theirs is going out for delivery tomorrow. So might be worth checking your tracking info from bby/fs. Wish I took free shipping...

Calgary and ETA is Monday, well screw FS, that's why I had one at EB in store!

Apparently who runs gaming departments at most Canadian retailers are a bunch of freakin idiots who know nothing about what's important and what's not! Except for EB they usually know what matters for gamers although it goes for a cost!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I was at FS today returning all the E3 games that I don't need anymore, and I thought it was funny how the girl didn't know that the Xbox One got rid of the DRM. Microsoft really has a messaging problem. :p

Layth

I hate Canada Post.

Best Buy shipped Killzone on Friday and I was supposed to get it yesterday. When I checked the tracking number yesterday it said it was out for delivery but I checked my mail when mail is usually delivered but it wasn't in my mail box, no slip either. No biggie, I thought I'll just get it today. So I check my tracking number today and it said Killzone was successfully delivered YESTERDAY.

Naturally, I'm concerned and go to the post office. They ask for my tracking number and told me I received my package yesterday. The person looks at me like I'm crazy or lying. He says there's nothing he can do and told me to call customer service.

Customer service basically told me to call back tomorrow if I don't receive it today, which I didn't. So they start an investigation...

Kinda sucked some excitement out of picking up my PS4 day one. Not as fun when I don't have a game to play on my brand spankin new box..

I hate Canada Post.

Best Buy shipped Killzone on Friday and I was supposed to get it yesterday. When I checked the tracking number yesterday it said it was out for delivery but I checked my mail when mail is usually delivered but it wasn't in my mail box, no slip either. No biggie, I thought I'll just get it today. So I check my tracking number today and it said Killzone was successfully delivered YESTERDAY.

Naturally, I'm concerned and go to the post office. They ask for my tracking number and told me I received my package yesterday. The person looks at me like I'm crazy or lying. He says there's nothing he can do and told me to call customer service.

Customer service basically told me to call back tomorrow if I don't receive it today, which I didn't. So they start an investigation...

Kinda sucked some excitement out of picking up my PS4 day one. Not as fun when I don't have a game to play on my brand spankin new box..

Well yeah I had this a couple times, you should call FS and they may basically ask you to wait for like a week or so then you call again and they should refund your money, anyway you should go pick another copy cause I really doubt you will ever see your lost copy!
If you're in Calgary I can give you my extra E3 copy for $40+gst same as I paid for it!

Amazon emailed me!!

'We're contacting you about order # XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX for "PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition)." Launch day is almost here for PlayStation 4, and we wanted to confirm when you can expect your console to arrive. It's scheduled to ship on the release date, November 15, 2013, and you'll be able to view your estimated delivery date and track the shipment through Your Account"

Can't wait! :(

sikkinixx

I hate Canada Post.

Happened to me before. Showed up randomly 4 days later. Ended up getting my money back from Canada post (since I disputed it) then getting it delivered. So everything worked out.

Layth

Well yeah I had this a couple times, you should call FS and they may basically ask you to wait for like a week or so then you call again and they should refund your money, anyway you should go pick another copy cause I really doubt you will ever see your lost copy!
If you're in Calgary I can give you my extra E3 copy for $40+gst same as I paid for it!

I would take you up on that offer if I wasn't like 600+ km away from Calgary lol

I guess all I can do is wait till tomorrow to contact Canada Post and contact Best Buy as you suggested.

The kicker is I didn't intend on buying Killzone from Best Buy except they had a deal where you get Killzone or Knack for $40 if you buy a Dualshock 4 (which I received already).

I guess at this point I may as well buy Killzone when I pick up my PS4, and than return my extra copy if by some miracle it shows up in the mail.

Amazon emailed me!!

'We're contacting you about order # XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX for "PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition)." Launch day is almost here for PlayStation 4, and we wanted to confirm when you can expect your console to arrive. It's scheduled to ship on the release date, November 15, 2013, and you'll be able to view your estimated delivery date and track the shipment through Your Account"

The fuck? Just ship it NOW!!!!!! Durrrrrr

FrsDvl

I'm done refreshing my order on Bestbuy. Hopefully they can manage to deliver it to Edmonton on Friday if they ship it tomorrow with Xpresspost. Not that I would mind waiting till Monday, but it'll be hard seeing everyone else getting theirs.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Amazon emailed me!!

got this too.. such BS.

Tagg9

Amazon emailed me!!

Wow... that is dreadful.

Launch day is almost here... Too bad you won't get until next week, sucker! Bloody Amazon.

flippeh

Amazon emailed me!!

Got this as well. Lame.

Savitar

Amazon emailed me!!

Got it too.

Amazon.ca.........believe.

Krammy

Got the email as well, what a mess. Still no word on my other games either. I might as well go out and buy them locally since all the stores have tons of stock.

To those who pre-ordered from Amazon.ca, at least we still have each other, right?
Group hug.

Haines

Banned
If you ordered online, you have to deal with shipping. Its just the nature of the beast. If you have one coming to you, just be happy its on its way :D

Myself, I will get one when I see one on a shelf some day, stress free.

Top Bottom