• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I thought amazon was good about this sort of thing...leaving the house to pickup a preorder from EB Games doesn't sound all that bad now...sorry to hear about your guys orders :(

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
You guys should definitely boycott Amazon.ca for any future preorders. Send them an email letting them know of your displeasure.

December 9. Maybe they could ship a little (few days) early but don't expect them to arrive November 25 or December 2 or anything.

Edit: sorry to be clear launch bundle also has killzone. It's the killzone+ps plus bundle that's December 9

I ordered a Nexus 7 from shop.ca a week ago and it still hasn't shipped :(

I'm getting contact excited reading others talking about the PS4 launch. I have 50$ down on one, but I figure I'll be able to wait until inFamous launches. I'll be spending my launch money on the One, still too tied in with the achievements and friends among other things.

I'm going to give you guys a twist

I work at Amazon. All the stuff you guys are ordering from as far as Ottawa or so comes from here.

No PS4 for yall

I'm going to give you guys a twist

I work at Amazon. All the stuff you guys are ordering from as far as Ottawa or so comes from here.

No PS4 for yall

What's does that even mean?
Plus people are worried enough, not sure they would appreciate making fun of the mess fuckin Amazon.ca is making right now!

gzero

Received an email from amazon.ca regarding PS4 preorder shipments (strangely enough, after I had cancelled my PS4 preorder):

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx for "PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition)." Launch day is almost here for PlayStation 4, and we wanted to confirm when you can expect your console to arrive. It's scheduled to ship on the release date, November 15, 2013, and you'll be able to view your estimated delivery date and track the shipment through Your Account here:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.ca

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Glad I cancelled!

I hate Canada Post.

Best Buy shipped Killzone on Friday and I was supposed to get it yesterday. When I checked the tracking number yesterday it said it was out for delivery but I checked my mail when mail is usually delivered but it wasn't in my mail box, no slip either. No biggie, I thought I'll just get it today. So I check my tracking number today and it said Killzone was successfully delivered YESTERDAY.

Naturally, I'm concerned and go to the post office. They ask for my tracking number and told me I received my package yesterday. The person looks at me like I'm crazy or lying. He says there's nothing he can do and told me to call customer service.

Customer service basically told me to call back tomorrow if I don't receive it today, which I didn't. So they start an investigation...

Kinda sucked some excitement out of picking up my PS4 day one. Not as fun when I don't have a game to play on my brand spankin new box..

Package says "do not safe drop". You should have no problem blaming it on CP.

I stopped using amazon for new releases about a year ago, their parcels used to process, ship, and arrive to me on the east coast within 3 days on standard delivery/super saver shipping, after awhile though it just became longer and longer consistently. I use ebgames.ca now for pretty much anything and can count on everything arriving within 24 hours of shipping even with their free shipping option if it's coming out of Brampton (I am in NB)

shuri

Banned
Just what is going on with my order at futureshop.ca.. I'm located in Montreal

Order Date: June 11, 2013, 05:XX:XX (PST)

Order Status: In Progress

Item Status: Pre-Order
I guess it's going to be shipped today? My cc was charged monday.

Looking at recent FS orders it seems to vary wildly. For example last one was GTAV from the E3 promo. Got the shipping notice the 13th, charged on the 16th and received launch day the 17th. Not too confident with consoles being released on a Friday :( I didn't pre-order and have a Target Mastercard so will try my luck tomorrow morning. There's also a Shoppers Drug Mart, Radio Shack and Staples all within a stones throw of each other if things look grim. Was at the Target yesterday and asked about consoles, they said they would have for Friday so hopefully everything's coming up Milhouse.

GSG Flash

Someone from RFD posted this regarding CP Friday shipments:

Originally Posted by Happy13178

Guys, don't worry if you get a tracking number and it says Monday Delivery. When it gets picked up, the delivery date is an ESTIMATE. Canada Post is aware of the PS4 release and has agreements with the distribution warehouses to increase service levels tomorrow. It's not guaranteed that you'll get it tomorrow, but they're aiming for it and have extra trucks on the road and have distributed notices to all delivery routes that this is a "priority" delivery, which means they're taking extra effort to get them in people's hands tomorrow.SOURCE: Canada Post employee downtown who showed me the notice from their superiors. I really hope this calms some nerves for people who want it in hand tomorrow.

Good news if true.

iphys

Freaking Chapters! My mum gave me a gift card that I used to order a Wii Fit U Meter. Shipment arrives with no Wii Fit U Meter, although it's listed on the packing slip. I hope they had it set aside and found it hanging around somewhere after they shipped; otherwise, it's just my word against theirs that they forgot to pack it. I was already pissed off at Chapters for failing to fulfill an order on a gift certificate I'd given my brother a long time ago too, and now this! Don't give your friends and family Chapters gift cards unless you hate them.

d0nd

re ps4 launch

any body doing the ebgames replacement plan 80$

i might do this since some of the units could be faulty

Fixed1979

Oh snap...BestBuy shipment has been updated with Canada Post, shows expected delivery for today. I'll believe it when I see it, but excitement levels rising.

V1F32ng.png

zroid

Banned
Hard to believe all this build-up culminates in a few hours (or tomorrow). Godspeed guys, I will be waiting for you sometime early-mid 2014, probably. :b

frequency

I stopped using amazon for new releases about a year ago, their parcels used to process, ship, and arrive to me on the east coast within 3 days on standard delivery/super saver shipping, after awhile though it just became longer and longer consistently. I use ebgames.ca now for pretty much anything and can count on everything arriving within 24 hours of shipping even with their free shipping option if it's coming out of Brampton (I am in NB)

Same for me.
I used to love Amazon.ca. I even have a Amazon credit card.
Service has gotten significantly worse over time so I barely use them now.

There was no way they would have shipped PS4 before release day. They don't ship anything before release day unless there's an error or something. Most things actually ship a few days after release with Amazon.ca.

You guys should definitely boycott Amazon.ca for any future preorders. Send them an email letting them know of your displeasure.

I ordered a Nexus 7 from shop.ca a week ago and it still hasn't shipped :(

They can be a little slow on the shipping notifications. I got one yesterday for a couple of PS4 games I ordered and the items were already out for delivery.

dreww3

Neo Member
Anyone purchasing the FS product replacement plan?? first time getting a launch console not sure whether to get an extended warranty. how does it work? - ordering online

They can be a little slow on the shipping notifications. I got one yesterday for a couple of PS4 games I ordered and the items were already out for delivery.

Two different issues.

The Nexus 7 has a long time before it ships-- as the product page says, up to 10 days. Ice Jerseys is even longer-- can take up to 25 days. There's back and forth on how much more prominent we need to make that text as we have made it a little more prominent but still seems like people miss it.

About our video games supplier-- from my own experience-- they ship games out pretty fast. For example, I ordered AC4 for PS4 on the night of Nov 10th, and I ended up getting it on the 12th. But I didn't receive the ship notice until the 13th. I think there's some sort of process going wrong somewhere which is causing the ship notice to send late. I mentioned it to our marketplace guy but I'm not sure if that will be any different for the PS4's today. Again, I've been told that they are already in transit and should start arriving to customers (including me!) tomorrow.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Well, I sent a calm and nicely worded complaint to Amazon about this whole ordeal... lets see how they reply.

GSG Flash

so are you telling me there is a chance.gif

I think binarymelon meant for shop.ca, not Amazon.

Two different issues.

The Nexus 7 has a long time before it ships-- as the product page says, up to 10 days. Ice Jerseys is even longer-- can take up to 25 days. There's back and forth on how much more prominent we need to make that text as we have made it a little more prominent but still seems like people miss it.

Well it says within 10 business days(I realize it hasn't been 10 business days yet) but my card was charged right away, so I thought it was going to ship soon but that something went wrong, good to know it's nothing out of the ordinary :p

Fixed1979

I need to do the same.

God damn.

I've dealt with Amazon.ca CS quite a bit over the past two months, outside of them giving away a small credit on your account don't expect them to actually "fix" anything.

I was pretty shocked at how poor their service is when the problem can't be fixed by throwing 5 or 10 bucks at it.

Got a 100$ amazon gift card from friend as a birthday present, I go "well PS4 is not coming this week but a least I can shave 100$ off from the PS4", redeemed it, it turns out the gift card was from Amazon.com instead of amazon.ca so the money went to my amazon.com balance. Greatness indeed...

Yup. Wake up this morning and NO shipping notice from FS despite the fact that they charged my card 3 days ago. Well done!

Check your actual futureshop order in their website, they haven't sent me a single e-mail for anything but my PS4 will be here this afternoon or tomorrow the tracking details were on my actual order.

Takuan

I sat on volumes 1 and 2 of the Saga TPB for a good month or more before finally getting to reading them. It is SO GOOD. I actually exclaimed "No!" when
Lying Cat got thrown into deep space after The Will's ship was attacked. Was relieved that she was rescued just a few pages later.

I fully expect my PS4s to arrive tomorrow. I don't know if I'll get the Shop.ca shipment since it's the first time I've dealt with them, but I always get FS/BB orders on release day without fail (GTA). I'm not even bothering to check shipping status or anything.

My Shop.ca order shipped last night! My new toaster oven should be here soon

Waiting for my PS4 to shit from Futureshop.....June 11th, 4:30am PST

FrsDvl

I wonder how many people will get a surprise delivery today or tomorrow. Wouldn't be the first time FS or BBY doesn't show something shipped out, when it actually is...

sikkinixx

My ebgames.ca FINALLY shipped despite having my card charged on Tuesday. Weakness. Not delivering until next week. Never ever again EB. Only placed the bloody order June 11th.

FluxWaveZ

Fuck. I forgot I had an online pre-order at a GameStop for a PS4 until I just got the shipment notification. Can't cancel it and I'm not just going to keep it since I've already paid off some of my PS4 pre-order at a local GameStop.

Guess it's either try to return it or have to sell it.

Top Bottom