• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Takuan

Fuck. I forgot I had an online pre-order at a GameStop for a PS4 until I just got the shipment notification. Can't cancel it and I'm not just going to keep it since I've already paid off some of my PS4 pre-order at a local GameStop.

Guess it's either try to return it or have to sell it.

Sell that shit, breh. Make someone's day by selling it at cost...

... or make a bit of profit and subsidize the one you're keeping.
youngsabuoxpvi.png

Doel

Anyone know how much a hardware warranty for PS4 costs at EB? Seeing these early issues, I might just get it. Saved me a ton of time/money when I got it for the 360 - replaced it 4 times without questions.

Takuan

Anyone know how much a hardware warranty for PS4 costs at EB? Seeing these early issues, I might just get it. Saved me a ton of time/money when I got it for the 360 - replaced it 4 times without questions.

IMO it's not worth it. Yes, you're paying for the convenience of being able to swap no questions asked, but they have to have stock in hand. It's not a stretch to say it might be a little difficult to walk into a store and buy a PS4 for the first few weeks, so you may be just as good skipping the warranty and dealing with Sony directly.

Has anyone who ordered from BB or Futureshop that lives in Toronto or (GTA) get a shipping notice yet.
Nope.
tocry.png

Zing

Banned
My ebgames.ca FINALLY shipped despite having my card charged on Tuesday. Weakness. Not delivering until next week. Never ever again EB. Only placed the bloody order June 11th.
Wouldn't it arrive tomorrow if you had paid for the faster shipping method?

sunofsam

Seems Amazon.ca has a prepared copypasta all ready for PS4/Xbox One inquiries - I just wanted to change my shipping address and they went on about the release day delivery.

ME: Hi
04:34 PM(GMT) Siddique(CSA): Hello, my name is Mohammad. I will be happy to help you. Could you please help me with the order number?
04:34 PM(GMT) ME: XXXXX
04:34 PM(GMT) Siddique(CSA): Let me go ahead and check that out for you. Please give me 2 minutes.
04:37 PM(GMT) Siddique(CSA): I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've checked the item, and it appears the item is not eligible for release date delivery. Due to the processing and packaging time required to prepare orders for Release-Date Delivery, we could not offer this shipping option for the item
We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. However, if we receive the item in prior from our suppliers before the release date we will automatically upgrade your order to Release-Date Delivery.
04:38 PM(GMT) ME: Yeah - I know, kinda bummed about that as I bought the "Day One" edition thinking it was gonna be "Day One".
04:39 PM(GMT) ME: Can I get the address changed to my work? As I no longer know what day it will arrive I will not be taking the Release Day off to receive it.
04:39 PM(GMT) Siddique(CSA): Microsoft announced that the Xbox One will be available in November 22, 2013. Xbox One Day One editions are guaranteed to ship on November 22, 2013, but your actual delivery date will depend on the shipping option selected. Xbox One Standard editions will ship after the release date, as soon as inventory is available. Amazon will ship Standard edition orders on a first-come, first-served basis.
04:39 PM(GMT) ME: Listen, you are obviously getting alot of heat over this and PS4 as you have this all ready to copy and paste.
04:39 PM(GMT) Siddique(CSA): Your order could be delivered anytime on or before November 27, 2013 - Thursday, November 28, 2013
04:40 PM(GMT) ME: Yo - are you reading what I am typing or just copy pasting? I didnt even ask about when it was shipping.
04:41 PM(GMT) Siddique(CSA): I completely understand your concern, sunofsam I will help you in changing the address.
04:41 PM(GMT) ME: Ok - I just don't want it to get cancelled by fiddling with the shipping. Thanks Mohammad!!
04:45 PM(GMT) Siddique(CSA): I can confirm that it won't be canceled and you will be able to change the address or make any changes before your order enters the shipping process.
Thank you for contacting Amazon.ca. We hope to see you again soon! Please click the end chat link to close this window.
Bye!
04:45 PM(GMT) ME: Thanks

Tabris

Who's lining up at the downtown Robson location in Vancouver? If so, what time are you arriving? There's apparently a party from 9pm to 12am, then you can buy it at 12am?

Jachaos

Card charged on Monday, still no shipping notification from FutureShop. I won't panic though, their last 5 shipping notice e-mails I've gotten for games have been at 23:02, 23:04, 23:02, 23:02, 23:04. Then I get the game the next day around 13:00, so this is par for the course.

Anyone know if I buy the system online there's any extended warranties I can get if I bring the system in store ?

Edit : The last 5 shipping notice emails for gaming preorders are also the only ones I can find by searching my e-mail account.

They probably won't send out e-mails for us zone 1 people until later afternoon/early evening. If I don't get a shipping notice by tonight, I guess I'll have to line up at midnight, return my BB pre-order, and never ever pre-order from them again.

sikkinixx

Wouldn't it arrive tomorrow if you had paid for the faster shipping method?

They couldn't guarantee it. EB rep said it will ship between Wednesday and Friday, even with Express, so it would have needed to ship yesterday to get it here to BC in time. And I even said to add it in a moment of weakness but they never did so I guess I saved myself $17?

But any pre-ordering online I've done has always arrived release day (save the Wii U because it was a Sunday) with standard shipping so I didn't anticipate it being an issue. Oh well, lesson learned: in store or only from retailers with warehouses here in BC if I want it day one.

Who's lining up at the downtown Robson location in Vancouver? If so, what time are you arriving? There's apparently a party from 9pm to 12am, then you can buy it at 12am?

I'll be there! I'm going with my boyfriend and our friend, around 8-830. We are just picking up our preorder so we don't need to be so early, but our friend actually wants to grab one of the extras so that's why we are going early. I fully expect there to be people before us.

FluxWaveZ

Sell that shit, breh. Make someone's day by selling it at cost...

... or make a bit of profit and subsidize the one you're keeping.
youngsabuoxpvi.png

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll lose money from the shipping by returning it anyways. I might try out Kijiji or something to sell it at cost, but I'll probably end up throwing it on Ebay to not deal with the hassle.

Surprised at the amount PS4s are already going for on Ebay for day 1 shipments.

Dazzler

Don't wait for FS/BB to send out the emails regarding your shipping

They'll update your order status on their site hours before you get the shipping mail

Tola

Neo Member
Preordered at BB online, credit card charged, but still in progress, and cannot cancel.

Everybody the same?

Same here... Mine has been at "Scheduled for Delivery" for a few days now, ever since they charged my cc. Expecting them to ship tonight?

Tabris

I'll be there! I'm going with my boyfriend and our friend, around 8-830. We are just picking up our preorder so we don't need to be so early, but our friend actually wants to grab one of the extras so that's why we are going early. I fully expect there to be people before us.

They are getting 250 units minimum, so question is how many people will be lined up that early.

EDIT - ebay showing only a max of $200 profit on selling a launch console gives me faith there won't be that many scalpers.

Atomsky

Banned
Same here... Mine has been at "Scheduled for Delivery" for a few days now, ever since they charged my cc. Expecting them to ship tonight?

We are on the exact same spot right now. I do hope they ship it before too late today. Otherwise the weekend will screw up everything.

Well, thought I'd get a jump on at least getting my games so I'm not having to deal with crowds on that end tomorrow. Picked up NFS Rivals, AC4 and Killzone - my E3 pre-orders will go back in their place whenever they get here.

I know now most likely that I'll have to wait in a line to pick up my EB pre-order tomorrow since there's no way that Futureshop is getting my console to me in time. It's almost 11am here in Calgary and no sign of shipping.

Really glad I had my bases covered this time around.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I wonder how many people will get a surprise delivery today or tomorrow. Wouldn't be the first time FS or BBY doesn't show something shipped out, when it actually is...
That's about the only way I'd get it in time because for me it still shows not shipped, with FS.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Got this reply from my Amazon.ca not-so-angry-but-stern letter (emphasis mine):

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I understand that you would like to receive the “PlayStation 4” on the release date.

I've checked the product detail page on Amazon.ca, and it appears the item is
currently not eligible for release date delivery. We only offer the Release-Date
Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet
our delivery promise to you
. It is possible that this item will become eligible as
the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory. At this time, I can
only suggest that you check back on Amazon.ca at a later time.

I've checked your order, and we still expect it to ship by: November 15, 2013. It
should reach you by November 18, 2013 - November 19, 2013 .

The estimated shipping date was displayed at the time you placed your order and is
based on the delivery address you provided as well as the availability of the
item you ordered (available on each individual item's detail page).

If an item isn't readily available, selecting One-Day or Priority Delivery will
reduce the transit time to one or two business days after we've shipped your order,
but won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment.

We will e-mail you when your order ships. If you do not receive a shipment
confirmation by November 16, 2013, please write back to us by visiting:

http://www.amazon.ca/contact-us/

For your future reference:

Eligibility for Release-Date Delivery is indicated for each product on the product
page, in the order pipeline, or at check-out. If the option does not appear, either
the item or the shipping address is not eligible.

So I replied saying that no, they did not answer my question, with the following:

To the best of my knowledge, amazon.ca has never offered a "release date shipping" option like the amazon.com counterpart, and even if you did, it was not available at the time of pre-order.

I Pre-ordered my console on June 10th, and at the time, Sony had not released the actual release date of the console, so the following line:

The estimated shipping date was displayed at the time you placed your order and is
based on the delivery address you provided as well as the availability of the
item you ordered (available on each individual item's detail page).

Is factually incorrect. How could you either:

a) offer release date shipping

or

b) know the estimated ship date

if the release date was unknown at that point?

I am going to keep my pre-order, but know that in the future I will not be pre-ordering from Amazon, nor will I renew my Prime membership.

----

Ughhhh.. Here's hoping for a late-night shipping update and it arrives tomorrow.

Savitar

My PS4 from amazon.ca's status hasn't changed yet. Not prepared to ship, not shipped, no nothing except Not Yet Shipped.

The only good thing I can think of is I got my copy of Killzone from them (yay!) for which they have not still sent me the code for stuff. (boo!).

Oh and I got my copy of Akira blu ray from them today too (yay!) though I had to point out to them the other day that it had gone down in price since I had pre ordered that as well and they had charged me the normal amount. (boo)

Goes without saying I'm not pleased at all with amazon.ca right now.

And Dr.Evil, that reply you got is almost word for word on three different occasions the same replies I got from them as well on the matter.

Got my amazon.ca email:

"We're contacting you about order #XXXXXX for "PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition)." Launch day is almost here for PlayStation 4, we wanted to remind you that you won't be enjoying launch day with everyone else because we didn't realize what "Launch Edition" actually means, but you'll be able to view your estimated delivery date and track the shipment through Your Account here:"

a916

For someone that ordered right after Sony's press conference... I'm a little worried there's no update on my PS4 pre-order at Futureshop.ca

I am in Vancouver so that could be it... and I really hope that's the reason. Would absolutely hate if this thing came in next week.

lupinko

I should get more stuff from Club Nintendo not limited to download codes. The shipping was really fast and convenient. I didn't know they'd ship directly from NoA in Richmond. lol

Although I sympathize with folks who have their only pre-orders with amazon.ca, I saw this coming from a mile away. I cancelled my order with them last weekend even before any indication of the actual shipping time. Amazon.ca is great for a lot of things but it is a shadow of it’s big brother in the states as far as shipping efficiency. The best thing that I can say about their shipping is that at least they use UPS rather than CP (which is much less reliable at least in my experience).

This is precisely the reason that I also put a pre-order down with both FS and EB. The thing is, with Futureshop, they’ve had the stones to charge people’s credit cards days before shipping. Seems a little shady at least – securing those payments but completely dragging their heels on getting stuff out.

Savitar

I didn't even know they handled consoles.

Those with ebgames might be a bit more in luck as I saw my copy of Assassins Creed IV shipped from them today so maybe other games and even systems are going too.

farisr

Looks like most of us "1 day" shipping regioners (BB and FS) won't be getting any updates until at least late night. And by update, I mean shipping order details on the actual FS and BB website. Shipment notification email, I wouldn't count on that. I have received 4 games in the past 3 days for which I haven't received shipment notification emails yet.

I really do hope they don't do it late night. If they put in the shipment order by 8 or 9pm today, then yeah it should arrive tomorrow for me. I pretty much live at or just outside the edge of the 1-day shipment region. So unfortunately them assuming it's gonna arrive the next day for me if they ship it late night doesn't get me the item on release day.

Welp, I guess it's not just amazon.ca ruining launch day. Seriously don't understand how they fuck up so hard when they receive the consoles early.

curb

Banned
My hope for BB getting me my PS4 before the weekend has dried up. They shipped my AC4 Monday and Canada Post said it was "out for delivery" yesterday. It didn't show up and now it shows as "out for delivery" again today. Since my PS4 hasn't been marked as shipped yet, I'm not just hoping I'll get it before next weekend.

Top Bottom