• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Emailing amazon.ca is pretty funny. You can tell they're all being told to stick to that copy paste response so when you explain to them why it kind of makes no sense it's a bit funny to see them squirm and try to explain it.

Poor guys. I know they just work there and can't do shit but hopefully they do forward it to those who can. Silly and misleading.

Emailing amazon.ca is pretty funny. You can tell they're all being told to stick to that copy paste response so when you explain to them why it kind of makes no sense it's a bit funny to see them squirm and try to explain it.

Poor guys. I know they just work there and can't do shit but hopefully they do forward it to those who can. Silly and misleading.

Well in all fairness, what do you really expect them to say? Everyone wants the response "we guarantee your console will arrive on your doorstep tomorrow", but considering that's one day away, it probably isn't happening. It seems a bit like blind hope.

EB provided me with Waybill number. I'm certain I'll receive it tomorrow morning, but afraid it might end up being Monday.

FS and BB have yet to do shit. I'm so fucking tired that they both charged my card in advance and have yet to ship. Fucking disgusting.

Maximus.

Hoping bestbuy pulls through and ships my ps4 on time. I hope it is just a matter of them not updating the status on their website.

My CC hasnt been charged yet either :/

Got this reply from my Amazon.ca not-so-angry-but-stern letter (emphasis mine):

So I replied saying that no, they did not answer my question, with the following:

To the best of my knowledge, amazon.ca has never offered a "release date shipping" option like the amazon.com counterpart, and even if you did, it was not available at the time of pre-order.

I Pre-ordered my console on June 10th, and at the time, Sony had not released the actual release date of the console, so the following line:

The estimated shipping date was displayed at the time you placed your order and is
based on the delivery address you provided as well as the availability of the
item you ordered (available on each individual item's detail page).

Is factually incorrect. How could you either:

a) offer release date shipping

or

b) know the estimated ship date

if the release date was unknown at that point?

I am going to keep my pre-order, but know that in the future I will not be pre-ordering from Amazon, nor will I renew my Prime membership.

----

Ughhhh.. Here's hoping for a late-night shipping update and it arrives tomorrow.

I got the same email. Keep us posted with what they say. Bastards.

What a mess I tell ya...

I bet they are getting HAMMERED with "where's my damn system!??!" questions. As they should since they decided to take pictures of the crazy amount of PS4's they have stocked in their warehouses.

And the fact that chain stores received their systems last week, doesn't help them receiving any sympathy from me...

It's nuts to think that BB/FS and Amazon still haven't really shipped anything to anyone in the GTA...

You know, even though I’m frustrated with Amazon, Futureshop as well as other niggling things surrounding this launch, I can’t say that it isn’t fun. Launches like this are rare to say the least – and I love taking all of it in – the good and the bad.

Megasoum

Banned
Finally have my tracking number from Futureshop webiste (still no mail but I keep refreshing the page since yesterday lol).

Still cutting it very close for getting it tomorrow but there's a bit of hope!

Walmart.ca basically confirmed to me over the phone that the console wont ship until mid next week if it hasn't shipped by now so i'm in the same boat as you amazon fellas. Bummer.

FrsDvl

Finally have my tracking number from Futureshop webiste (still no mail but I keep refreshing the page since yesterday lol).

Still cutting it very close for getting it tomorrow but there's a bit of hope!

Still refreshing every minute here in Edmonton.. :(

Sitting on my hands waiting for that email from futureshop. Every time my phone notification goes off, I crap myself. Fuck off Amazon and your gift central.

:(

Well in all fairness, what do you really expect them to say? Everyone wants the response "we guarantee your console will arrive on your doorstep tomorrow", but considering that's one day away, it probably isn't happening. It seems a bit like blind hope.

They could say that they are working on the issue so it doesn't happen again.

So Best Buy sent me a survey asking me to rate my purchase experience. Let's just say if I got these scores in school I'd be sent back multiple grades.

My order is still showing online as in progress. Plus they messed up my address after I called to fix my last problem. I just want a tracking number so I can contact Canada Post so i can fix that. I don't even care if I get the system this week. Just let me fix the damn address...

FrsDvl

Posting Canada GAF PSN ID sheet again. quote to reveal

Add yourself, or post your PSN ID in this thread and i'll add you to it.

Tabris

FYI, here's the story for the downtown Vancouver Robson store launch:

Minimum 250 consoles
9pm launch party with free prizes / Selling at 12am

They will be reserving 25+ consoles for 8am, so if you miss out at midnight you can get it at 8am.

I think I'll go at 10pm.

Dazzler

FYI, here's the story for the downtown Vancouver Robson store launch:

Minimum 250 consoles
9pm launch party with free prizes / Selling at 12am

They will be reserving 25+ consoles for 8am, so if you miss out at midnight you can get it at 8am.

I think I'll go at 10pm.

Good luck!

Let us know how you fare

Also - I'll be transiting past Robson and the West Broadway location on the bus at like 5pm, I'll let you guys know if there's a lineup

don't get me wrong in any email I sent I always said I know there's nothing that can be done but I was just letting them know for future reference to be a bit more transparent about it ahead of time.

Feedback is the only way things get better. Maybe one day amazon.ca will be half as good as .com :p

ALWAYS pre-order in store guys.

Come on, you should know better.

This shouldn't be the case anymore in this day and age, if Amazon.com, futureshop and many many others can do day 1 delivery by shipping before release day, how in hell can't amazon.ca do the same? it is mind boggling.
I don't want keep repeating myself here and posting the same thing over and over, I am going to take it like a man and simply not give them my business anymore.
I am going to keep pre-ordering stuff online, but never again with them, not anymore.

Maybe one day amazon.ca will be half as good as .com :p

They have a long long way to go on that department.

frequency

Back during the PSV launch, Amazon.ca sent them out early by mistake. I got mine early from that. But I had to send it back in for a replacement. The replacement one would not ship until release date despite me already having one. They would not budge on this. So for 2 weeks, my replacement PSV ended up being just a pre-order and I had to wait for release day.

Amazon.ca will never ship anything before release day.

btkadams

props to futureshop. my killzone, battlefield, and ps4 that i ordered for a friend are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. they are usually bad with release date delivery, but it's looking good.

and once again, amazon has diappointed me. the ps4 i ordered from them is scheduled to ship on friday, so it won't come until next week. why am i even paying for prime?

Tiktaalik

Lol so I called the downtown Vancouver FS to inquire as to whether folks who pre-ordered would have a separate line at the Midnight launch to pick up their units away from the masses that will be lining up early to pick up one of the unrestricted 250 units, and apparently there's just a single line. It will be a gong show.

Maybe time to call your local stores and find out what their policies are going to be. Sounds like in store pre-orderers are going to be just as screwed over as the shipping guys.

Wow. Just dealt with the most unhelpful, not to mention rude customer service imaginable via Futureshop's call centre. It got to the point that I had to speak with a manager who was quite understanding and helpful - even though he couldn't "speed things up" he did indicate that they are doing everything they can to get these out to people by the weekend. I can understand that these people are probably overloaded with calls but this woman had "that tone" from the first moment she asked for my information.

Just a heads up to what you guys may in for if you're checking on your orders. Try not to lose it.

Top Bottom