• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Can I take the email for pick up on my phone for ISPU at Future Shop?

Decided to order my NFS: Rivals for ISPU instead of waiting for my online order.

sunofsam

Emailing amazon.ca is pretty funny. You can tell they're all being told to stick to that copy paste response so when you explain to them why it kind of makes no sense it's a bit funny to see them squirm and try to explain it.

Poor guys. I know they just work there and can't do shit but hopefully they do forward it to those who can. Silly and misleading.

I chatted up a CSR to change my address - when they asked my order number they just dumped the copypasta into chat. fer fucks sake.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
My Tweet to FS Gamer...

@FS_Gamer My ps4, NFS and BF4 all haven't shipped? Im not the only unhappy one http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569773&page=220 …

There reply...

Future Shop Gamer @FS_Gamer
@amrod_69 In some cases shipments have already begun, based on where you live. They should be sent today aimed to arrive tomorrow.

They should ship them based on order # :\
Mine hasn't shipped yet from FS. How exactly are they sending them if they anticipate it to arrive tomorrow? Are they putting a but too much faith in Canada Post there?

curb

Banned
Mine hasn't shipped yet from FS. How exactly are they sending them if they anticipate it to arrive tomorrow? Are they putting a but too much faith in Canada Post there?

A bit? I'd say tons.

I've ordered from them a few times and it takes 2-4 days minimum to ship something to me within Southwestern Ontario and my PS4 still hasn't been marked as shipped yet.

Tiktaalik

Lol so I called the downtown Vancouver FS to inquire as to whether folks who pre-ordered would have a separate line at the Midnight launch to pick up their units away from the masses that will be lining up early to pick up one of the unrestricted 250 units, and apparently there's just a single line. It will be a gong show.

Maybe time to call your local stores and find out what their policies are going to be. Sounds like in store pre-orderers are going to be just as screwed over as the shipping guys.

Following up on this:

There is going to be two lines, but there's limited space in the store, so at some point, assuming the line goes outside, there will only be one line. I've been told there will be FS employees walking the line though and picking reserve people out of the line to go ahead if there's room, so maybe it won't be a complete gong show.

Dammit. I just got a call that sounded like it was some bullshit "congratulations you have won a trip please give us your bank account info" but in retrospect may have actually been from Future Shop. Fuck. FUCK.

EDIT: Panic subsided. Future Shop says they didn't call me and oh my god calm down. (not really on the second part.) FYI, I was told the PS4 would be shipping TOMORROW, but that as it's shipping from Brampton and I'm in Toronto there's still a decent chance I will receive it tomorrow as well. WE WILL SEE, FUTURE SHOP. As an aside: surprised their customer support lines aren't jammed, I got through immediately.

That would be a lie, and it still wouldn't please anyone.

Would be pretty surprising if they made no attempt to improve their business processes in the face of considerable negative customer feedback (amazon.ca). It would please me in knowing that maybe one day amazon.ca will be even a fraction as good as .com.

I'll be there! I'm going with my boyfriend and our friend, around 8-830. We are just picking up our preorder so we don't need to be so early, but our friend actually wants to grab one of the extras so that's why we are going early. I fully expect there to be people before us.

The problem with this store is there's only going to be one line, so those of us who pre-ordered are going to have to also wait in the same line with all the people who didn't meaning the wait time is going to be insane :(

But I'll go all the same. Sigh, I'm such a sucker for console launches. Still trying to decide what time though.

Following up on this:

There is going to be two lines, but there's limited space in the store, so at some point, assuming the line goes outside, there will only be one line. I've been told there will be FS employees walking the line though and picking reserve people out of the line to go ahead if there's room, so maybe it won't be a complete gong show.

Thank god! Their two line method worked wonders during the trade deal last weekend. I'd be super pissed if they didn't have a separate line for reserves.

jcutner

holy fuck. future shop just sent me an email. i thought it was the ship email. NOPE

Hello,

Thank you for pre-ordering a PS4 console from Futureshop.ca. We have been advised by Sony that the PS4 console will require a system software update upon first use and wanted to ensure that you received this information in order to get the most out of your new gaming system.

fuckers

FrsDvl

email from bestbuy, get excited... not

Thank you for pre-ordering a PS4 console from Bestbuy.ca. We have been advised by Sony that the PS4 console will require a system software update upon first use and wanted to ensure that you received this information in order to get the most out of your new gaming system.

beaten by a futureshop

ref

Canada sucks sometimes. =(

If only Amazon was like the American version. Americans really don't know how good they have it with Amazon... =P

I would've preferred to keep my .ca PS4 order, but since it doesn't look they are going to arrive tomorrow, had to cancel it and keep my local BB pre-order.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I thought I'd formally offer again - if you are in the Guelph area and you want a PS4 at cost, feel free to shoot me a PM. I should have two coming in, depending on whenever FS ships their stock.

I also have an Xbox One preorder that I don't want anymore, so if you're looking for that, let me know. Otherwise I'll just cancel it soon to avoid making yet another trip to FS.

Dammit. I just got a call that sounded like it was some bullshit "congratulations you have won a trip please give us your bank account info" but in retrospect may have actually been from Future Shop. Fuck. FUCK.

EDIT: Panic subsided. Future Shop says they didn't call me and oh my god calm down. (not really on the second part.) FYI, I was told the PS4 would be shipping TOMORROW, but that as it's shipping from Brampton and I'm in Toronto there's still a decent chance I will receive it tomorrow as well. WE WILL SEE, FUTURE SHOP. As an aside: surprised their customer support lines aren't jammed, I got through immediately.
Seriously lose all expectations of it arriving tomorrow. If it ships tomorrow it is not arriving later in the same day. Most people will be in the same boat and will get them Monday most likely.

My girlfriend is teasing an early Christmas gift for me and I'm seriously starting to think it is a PS4. I haven't even expressed much interest in the thing. I'll kinda be pissed if it is since I'll have to buy her something equally as expensive lol

Atomsky

Banned
Just got an email from BB!!! Opened it and it was this crap:

p4T6CPS.jpg

STOP TEASING ME!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought it was funny that they're telling people to download the firmware now. I suppose they're actually doing people a favour!

Following up on this:

Yonge & Dundas is going to be a madhouse. There's a Best Buy, Future Shop, two EBs (one of which is the country's largest) and another game store all within about a block. There's a Sony Store too, but don't know if they'll be doing a midnight launch.

The EB said they've got 300+ preorders. I said screw it, and gave in and gave them the $15 for the Edge Platinum card so I would get bumped to the front of the line. No way I'm getting home at 4am because I had to wait in the cold for them to get through that many people.

d0nd

Yonge & Dundas is going to be a madhouse. There's a Best Buy, Future Shop, two EBs (one of which is the country's largest) and another game store all within about a block. There's a Sony Store too, but don't know if they'll be doing a midnight launch.

The EB said they've got 300+ preorders. I said screw it, and gave in and gave them the $15 for the Edge Platinum card so I would get bumped to the front of the line. No way I'm getting home at 4am because I had to wait in the cold for them to get through that many people.

yah did this hopefully the plat line is not long as well

LkPr

tumblr_lmdcot5tB61qj2l8eo1_500.png

You guys are stupid, I ordered Shop.ca's early December bundle so I don't have to stress out about launch day shipping.

congrats...? Some people wanted it on launch day, which is why the pre-ordered it for that day. Not sure why you are calling them stupid.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Another Amazon response from when I corrected their statement regarding the delivery date being posted when I ordered back in June:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I understand your disappointment regarding that you would like to receive the “
PlayStation 4 ” on the release date.

I've checked your previous contacts and see that the message you received from us
reflects the best information from suppliers we have at this time. I realize this
has caused you inconvenience, and I hope you will accept my apologies.

I've checked your order, and we still expect it to ship by November 15, 2013. It
should reach you by November 18, 2013 - November 19, 2013 .

We will e-mail you when your order ships. If you do not receive a shipment
confirmation by November 16, 2013, please write back to us by visiting:

Blah blah blah.

Munro77

Neo Member
My BB pre-order just updated with a tracking number, shipping today. I chose expedited because I want to give BB more money, and this is for downtown Toronto delivery...

tumblr_lmdcot5tB61qj2l8eo1_500.png

You guys are stupid, I ordered Shop.ca's early December bundle so I don't have to stress out about launch day shipping.

So what if shop.ca doesn't ship your console until December 20th? Same thing. You were promised product by a certain date and the retailer failed to ship it out early enough to meet that date. We aren't dumb for that.

Are the people who received a console early smarter than those who didn't? I don't understand

Savitar

For those of us not getting a console until next week all I can say is look on the bright side. Maybe Sony will have fixed some more things if not patched them up so the system is running better and more reliable, thus none of us will fall prey to a system failing as some reports are out there of such things.

Seriously lose all expectations of it arriving tomorrow. If it ships tomorrow it is not arriving later in the same day. Most people will be in the same boat and will get them Monday most likely.

My girlfriend is teasing an early Christmas gift for me and I'm seriously starting to think it is a PS4. I haven't even expressed much interest in the thing. I'll kinda be pissed if it is since I'll have to buy her something equally as expensive lol

Yeah, I already did. Strangely, I'm not so bothered by it--I probably won't even be around for most of Friday to play it anyways. Just thought it would be good info for other people in the GTA.

shamanick

Got stuck with a 360 version of COD from the trade-in deal last weekend. Any idea the best way to use it for trade-in value? It's not on tivs.ca. I'm getting a PS4 from Best Buy tomorrow if that helps

Got stuck with a 360 version of COD from the trade-in deal last weekend. Any idea the best way to use it for trade-in value? It's not on tivs.ca. I'm getting a PS4 from Best Buy tomorrow if that helps

Some people have had luck at EBGames trading for the opposite next-gen console (ex. 360 --> PS4). If that's what you were hoping to do with a PS3 copy, try going in anyways.

Top Bottom