• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dazzler

I went past fs Robson at around 5.15 and the line was like 30 people deep. Was hard to tell precisely as I was on the bus playing vita and had to crane my neck to see :)

Zing

Banned
I got a call from EB saying I can come pick it up at midnight.

What's the procedure for this kind of thing? Am I supposed to pre-pay before a certain amount of time? Or do they keep the store open longer so people can pay before midnight and then everyone just goes in at midnight and it's a 5 minute in and out procedure?
My local store says people who prepaid and have platinum edge will be let in first and out in a few minutes after signing the reciept.

People who didn't prepay or who want accessories have to wait.

Tiktaalik

I gotta wonder. Are these FS/BB places with 100+ amounts of unreserved consoles even going to close tonight? They're going to have to move through 100-200 unreserved consoles plus whatever pre-order folks show up. Is there some point at say 2am where once they've sold all their unrestricted PS4s they'll cut off the line and close shop? They open at 8am tomorrow morning.

Personally I'm not interested in waiting much longer than an hour and a half. I have a preorder and I'm very happy to wait until tomorrow morning.

cube444

I'm there every Wednesday to play SF with them. I also went to have dinner with them on Halloween. They're really good dudes.

Yes they are. I was looking into getting a Naomi board with Virtua Striker 4 that I own built into an arcade cabinet last time I was there.

amrod

I paid for fastest shipping, and it'll come monday

KnoSTf6.png

Weak!!!

I should also add I ordered it roughly 5 mins after it went on sale

Appleman

Still "In Progress" on the best buy status page.... Looking like I won't be getting it tomorrow unless their zone 1 shipping is crazy fast

timnich

Christ Best Buy...what a joke.

My friend preordered earlier this week when Best Buy opened up preorders for a brief period. His PS4 shipped earlier today.

Meanwhile, I preordered at the first possible moment back in June, and mine is still processing. We live minutes away from each other. Even if by some miracle my PS4 does come tomorrow, that's the last time I order anything from Best Buy.

amrod

Christ Best Buy...what a joke.

My friend preordered earlier this week when Best Buy opened up preorders for a brief period. His PS4 shipped earlier today.

Meanwhile, I preordered at the first possible moment back in June, and mine is still processing. We live minutes away from each other. Even if by some miracle my PS4 does come tomorrow, that's the last time I order anything from Best Buy.

Yup how lame...

Order date: 11 Jun 2013, 09:53:36

for mine and they ship it out late :\

My copy of Killzone from Futureshop that I ordered MONTHS ago has been out for delivery since 8am. It is now 6:30pm. I will never pre-order anything from FS or BB again. I could have just walked into a store to buy this game 2 weeks ago. Them using Canada Post as their courier is the cherry on top.

My copy of Killzone from Futureshop that I ordered MONTHS ago has been out for delivery since 8am. It is now 6:30pm. I will never pre-order anything from FS or BB again. I could have just walked into a store to buy this game 2 weeks ago. Them using Canada Post as their courier is the cherry on top.
Its most likely at CP's store. Which one is the nearest to you?

timnich

The only thing I'm hoping for is that everything got shipped out earlier, and there is only a delay in getting people's tracking numbers out. Still not an excuse though, given that the release date was known for months in advance. You would think BB and FS would get their shit together.

Its most likely at CP's store. Which one is the nearest to you?

I'll give them a call after. I called CP and they said that they deliver until 8pm so wait a couple more hours.

Honestly, I feel like picking up a PS4 at the midnight launch and just returning the one I ordered a Best Buy. They seriously don't deserve my business.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that everything got shipped out earlier, and there is only a delay in getting people's tracking numbers out. Still not an excuse though, given that the release date was known for months in advance. You would think BB and FS would get their shit together.

Based on how the shipping has gone so far (and also that RFD poster who mentioned a notice from Canada Post re: priority focus for PS4 shipments), it sounds like BB/FS are doing exactly what they planned to do: staggered shipments based on expected delivery times to various locations. The only wildcard is what the CSR said to me on the phone today about my PS4 shipping tomorrow morning (I live in downtown Toronto). I could see my PS4 still making it to me on time if Canada Post is indeed stepping up its game for tomorrow, but at this point I really have no idea.

Still, it does seem like BB/FS are following some sort of game plan.

Hope so :(

elty

And I heard Amazon is even worse, not shipping until tomorrow?

Anyways, I think from now on I will just use shop.ca. 20% cash back is just too good to pass.

Hoping someone has some info on this, went into EB Games today, and they told me the trade up promo for Next Gen titles expired last week? Anyone know what the deal is? I haven't trusted a thing they have told me since I was notified my Little Big Planet pre-order was cancelled due to the game being "canned" a week before release.

Lexxism

Hoping someone has some info on this, went into EB Games today, and they told me the trade up promo for Next Gen titles expired last week? Anyone know what the deal is? I haven't trusted a thing they have told me since I was notified my Little Big Planet pre-order was cancelled due to the game being "canned" a week before release.

Uhm, no. They still have the promo going. I just trade my AC4 PS3 to PS4 this week. So there's no way it already ended last week. That's BS made up by the clerk you talked with.

Lexxism

That's what I figured. He turned me away along with my copies of Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag, and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Not sure what to do about it now, I suppose I could probably just hit up Best Buy or Future Shop.

Try going to a different store or let them call the head office that they shouldn't do that and let you trade those games.

Luigi87

In non-PS4 related news, finally heard back from VideoGamesPlus regarding my order that appears to be lost in the mail. I've been offered either a re-issue, or a refund.
I'm going to wait for one more day (tomorrow's mail, giving one last chance of arrival) before I make my decision, but leaning toward refund.

Try going to a different store or let them call the head office that they shouldn't do that and let you trade those games.

Will do. It's a pain as a University student to truck out to the mall and back with nothing to show for it. I'll call the other EB when they open tomorrow, thanks!

nordique

Did u get copies from the BB/FS deal? If so and they are unopened, go exchange them for ps4 versions.

It's what I did.

No need to "pay to upgrade" that way

Top Bottom