• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Quadratic

I just got my PS4 shipping notice from Futureshop. GTA (Scarborough). And I ordered on the 11th of June. May or may not get the console tomorrow. Here's hoping.

I just got my PS4 shipping notice from Futureshop. GTA (Scarborough). And I ordered on the 11th of June. May or may not get the console tomorrow. Here's hoping.

If you're in Scarborough, if it ships tonight, you should get it tomorrow. Anyone in the Toronto area usually gets things shipped out the day before.

Omlagus

Still nothing for me from BB. No email nothing on order page. I'm in Vaughan.II'm guessing I will be waiting like the Amazon people.

Shinyo

Neo Member
Checked my Order Status for my PS4 preorder from Best Buy. I didn't get a shipping confirmation email but looks like I have a tracking number. I'm in Vancouver. Now it's up to Canada Post.

I'm gonna go line up at the Guelph Wal-Mart plaza store around 10 or 11. If anyone sees a fellow in an N7 Mass Effect sweater, feel free to say hi! I'll probably be playing a 3DS and with a few other guys.

veras

Well, the PS4 I ordered 2 days ago from BB has shipped/I have a tracking number

The Amazon.ca one I ordered on June 10th of course has not

Pretty sure I'm done with Amazon! What a joke

Draysoth

Hey guys, fyi - if you can wait, and didn't take advantage of the Futureshop 20 buck off preorders, Saturday is 20x points at Shoppers. I plan on going nuts there - extra ps4 controller, AC 4, Lego Marvel, and possible COD. Usually they have a bonus redemption day a week or 2 after bonus points days so I can score some Xbone games for cheap...

You guys who are waiting for an email from BB and FS are also checking your order on the website, right? It gets posted there hours before sometimes.

Dazzler

You guys who are waiting for an email from BB and FS are also checking your order on the website, right? It gets posted there hours before sometimes.

Mine hasn't even changed on the website yet :(

I want to take tomorrow off work, but I'm not going to pull the trigger on it if the console isn't going to arrive

cube444

Sick, I'll pop over sometime soon. Any chance of early game sales there? Haha

:lol Highly doubtful man. Mom and pop shops fear Big Brother.

An older guy named Sam is usually there. Nice guy.

I'm there on Nov 22nd to pick up Zelda and Mario. My nieces are already counting down the days. :)

FrsDvl

just got my tracking number from FS to Edmonton via expedited shipping. Now I just have to wait to see if I get it on Friday or Monday.

Hope mine follows soon... Still nothing yet. I don't care anymore if i get it on Monday, as long as they finally ship it out...

brarstar

Neo Member
I was just able to pick up an xbox one preorder on BB, it only allows me to do standard shipping?

Is there a way to change that, I assume that will ship on the 22nd and I'll get it the next week sometime.

Dazzler

Mine shipped just now

Check this out:

Shipped via CanadaPost Standard Delivery on 11/15/2013. Tracking information may not be available for 24 hrs.

Today is the 14th????

vulva

:lol Highly doubtful man. Mom and pop shops fear Big Brother.

An older guy named Sam is usually there. Nice guy.

I'm there on Nov 22nd to pick up Zelda and Mario. My nieces are already counting down the days. :)

Damn, I remember like 4 years ago getting Mirror's Edge from the yonge location a half a week before. Maybe I just need to try and sweet talk my boys at a&c.

dreww3

Neo Member
Shipped!! Glad i went with FS they got all my games on release date, and estimated arrival is tomorrow. Im im markham so i should def receive it!

Anyways, it was fun following this thread even though I didnt post much.. I hope all my fellow canadians get their ps4 tomorrow! Keep in mind FS web service is crap and updates much later than actual ship date according to staff post on FS forum.

Well, there was no one in line at the Montreal downtown Future Shop as of an hour ago, in case anyone was wondering if they wanted to spend the entire night hanging out on Ste Cath.

Futureshop has never let me down living in toronto. I get everything on release day with their free shipping. I should have gone with them for the quadruple.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mine shipped just now

Check this out:

Shipped via CanadaPost Standard Delivery on 11/15/2013. Tracking information may not be available for 24 hrs.

Today is the 14th????
That's normal. I've actually received a game before I was able to get tracking information.

Swance

Neo Member
So, did anyone get their PS4 today? I remember seeing few people with estimated deliver for today.

mHjyUu0.jpg

I did. I'm about 3 hours south of Mississauga.

a916

I got a call from EB saying I can come pick it up at midnight.

What's the procedure for this kind of thing? Am I supposed to pre-pay before a certain amount of time? Or do they keep the store open longer so people can pay before midnight and then everyone just goes in at midnight and it's a 5 minute in and out procedure?

Top Bottom