• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

chimster

I got a call from EB saying I can come pick it up at midnight.

What's the procedure for this kind of thing? Am I supposed to pre-pay before a certain amount of time? Or do they keep the store open longer so people can pay before midnight and then everyone just goes in at midnight and it's a 5 minute in and out procedure?

They just have the store open past 12 so people can come in to pay and pick up their purchase

FluxWaveZ

Anyone else have an instore preorder? Were you able to pay it off before hand, or did they tell you to pay on launch?

I do. Paid $50 for the initial deposit plus $81 with game trade-ins towards the PS4. I probably could have paid the whole thing off before if I wanted to and they didn't tell me anything about the subject, but I'll just pay the rest tomorrow.

Savitar

For those interested if you pre order Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds has a pre order that gives you Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons for free at Ebgames.ca

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You lining up downtown smiley?

EDIT - Just realized you said not at all. Nevermind

naw. If I had nothing to do tomorrow, maybe I would have, but........ I have an exam. :lol

most I'll consider doing is dropping by the local EB/Walmart/Shoppers/London Drugs(?) tomorrow morning to see if there are any around.

Samyy

Anyone in Mississauga, Erin Mills area lining up @ EMTC? Want to know if theres a big line, wanna head down soon so I can get it asap and get home at a reasonable time :/

djblue89

I am going to be in line at a Montreal location (West Island) to get one a 8am just don't know which one, I called the Futureshop in Pointe-Claire and they have around 50 available tomorrow

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just a heads up for those that care

Shoppers Drug Mart at least in the GTA will be carrying PS4s

If you can manage to find one that has one that still has them in stock on Saturday, its 20x the points.

You buy a PS4 and one game, that gets you $170 off next purchase pre-tax... or almost 3 games free (or averaged out $13 a game)

Smiley90

Just a heads up for those that care

Shoppers Drug Mart at least in the GTA will be carrying PS4s

If you can manage to find one that has one that still has them in stock on Saturday, its 20x the points.

You buy a PS4 and one game, that gets you $170 off next purchase pre-tax... or almost 3 games free (or averaged out $13 a game)

damn. What are the odds they'll still have some on Saturday though :lol

Ramblin

Banned
mHjyUu0.jpg

I did. I'm about 3 hours south of Mississauga.

You ain't 3 hours south unless you live in the lake? You're 3 hours southwest.

Tabris

I'll be there! I'm going with my boyfriend and our friend, around 8-830. We are just picking up our preorder so we don't need to be so early, but our friend actually wants to grab one of the extras so that's why we are going early. I fully expect there to be people before us.

Hey can you post here at the status of the line up when you arrive?

Smiley90

Well... fairly low. I expect most to have 2 systems

You can beg someone to hold, fairly good about putting stuff on hold for 20x events

Might drop by tomorrow morning and see if they have a system. If they do, I'll ask to put it on hold til tomorrow and if they don't do that then I'll just buy it on the spot...

that is, IF they have it.

Does London Drugs get any PS4's?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Might drop by tomorrow morning and see if they have a system. If they do, I'll ask to put it on hold til tomorrow and if they don't do that then I'll just buy it on the spot...

Just call now and ask... larger the store, the better the chances

Samyy

Just go Smiley
DO IT!

Smiley90

LOOOOL

The only Walmart with a PS4 midnight opening in BC is... in... KAMLOOPS?!?

what the fuck Walmart? :lol

Does anyone have any idea what the larger places like Robson Futureshop took for pre-orders? Like let's say there are 250 people waiting to get a non-preorder one, how many will there be extra who have pre-orders?

Top Bottom