• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

LkPr

well if you can get one in-store today from FS then buy it, play it all weekend and return the system you get on Monday with the receipt from the console you bought today. That would work, right? lol

Anyone know if any Futureshops in the KW area will have stock this morning???

well if you can get one in-store today from FS then buy it, play it all weekend and return the system you get on Monday with the receipt from the console you bought today. That would work, right? lol

Thats what ive been askking all week in here.
Isnt there gon b an issue since it comes with a ps plus sony music trial and 10$ credit??!!!!!

LkPr

Thats what ive been askking all week in here.
Isnt there gon b an issue since it comes with a ps plus sony music trial and 10$ credit??!!!!!

My only thought on possible issues is if the serial number is somehow on the store receipt... so if you try to return a different serial it won't accept it? But I don't know.

jet1911

Depends if they scan the serial number of the console no?

My only thought on possible issues is if the serial number is somehow on the store receipt... so if you try to return a different serial it won't accept it? But I don't know.
It is in the receipt
It is on my online preorder receipt
But what about if i want to return the same ps4 after i used it. Are they going to take it back?

LkPr

It is in the receipt
It is on my online preorder receipt
But what about if i want to return the same ps4 after i used it. Are they going to take it back?

yes they should. 14 days return I believe... lol but then anything you do over the weekend would be gone (saves, installs etc).

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Holy shit, as of midnight last night(and when I checked 20 mins ago) my shipment was in Mississauga and the expected delivery date was Monday, which made me a sad panda :(

But I just checked now and it says "Item processed at local delivery facility" and the delivery date has been updated to today! Woooooooo!

Best Buy and Canada Post..... you fucking beauties. I salute you.

yes they should. 14 days return I believe... lol but then anything you do over the weekend would be gone (saves, installs etc).

Consoles are like 30 days n since its the holidays its not till jan 5. I asked the FS worker(u could always call your store to b sure) only issue is those vouchers n the 10$ credit. I wouldnt use them, but there is no way for them to check if i did or not

Madness

So it seems you can order PS4 online at Future Shop and Best Buy. Seems like they had ample stock. I really hope some hoarders get screwed this year, and that Sony provides ample stock for the shelves leading up to Christmas. If I really wanted PS4, I bet I could walk in at opening tomorrow and find one somewhere (Walmart, Staples, London Drugs, FS/BB, Toys R Us).

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So it seems you can order PS4 online at Future Shop and Best Buy. Seems like they had ample stock. I really hope some hoarders get screwed this year, and that Sony provides ample stock for the shelves leading up to Christmas. If I really wanted PS4, I bet I could walk in at opening tomorrow and find one somewhere (Walmart, Staples, London Drugs, FS/BB, Toys R Us).

I knew it! They were waiting to fulfill the current orders before taking new ones. If you order it early enough, you can probably get yours on Monday.

Holy shit, as of midnight last night(and when I checked 20 mins ago) my shipment was in Mississauga and the expected delivery date was Monday, which made me a sad panda :(

But I just checked now and it says "Item processed at local delivery facility" and the delivery date has been updated to today! Woooooooo!

Best Buy and Canada Post..... you fucking beauties. I salute you.

you mean theres a chance I might get it today?!

A couple of things:

- shop.ca customers who had ordered launch day bundles prior to yesterday should've got their tracking info now. Mine says it's arriving today.

- I have one coming in from shop.ca but also had one from EB. I *almost* went last night but ended up accidentally sleeping on the couch around 10:30pm and woke up at 5:30am. I had to wait till 7am because that's when the EB at bramalea city centre opened. And holy I'm so glad I went at 7am instead of midnight because I was in and out in 90 seconds. Makes me think everyone who lined up there last night was a sucker :p

Madness

I feel like ordering 1 online from Future Shop and 1 online from Best Buy right now and then like selling to friends or family who might want one. Or keep it and sell it at cost to somebody looking before Christmas. I think they'll sell out by end of the day tomorrow and you'll have a hard time finding one on shelves for at least two weeks.

I remember working all the launches at Best Buy during 05-07 and I don't think the demand is as crazy now as it was for us then.

krae_man

You have got to be kidding me:

AO6zliy.jpg

Bestbuy one hasn't even shipped yet. "Special Gamers Club inventory" my ass.

krae_man

I'm so mad at Bestbuy and Canada Post right now.

I'm sure the special "Gamers Club inventory" is why my system hasn't shipped yet. They better offer a huge make up for that.

And how did I get a Postal worker that doesn't know the difference between a shipping address and a return address?

MDSLKTR

In the lineup at eb games to grab my preordered console now, they will take their sweet time and try so hard to sell their crap warranty... First guy to got it was a scalper that's parading it all proud "anybody wants it for 999$" as if our consoles inside don't have our names on them. Stupid asshole.

Well goddamn. I got a ps4 but forgot I had an amazon preorder that's now shipping. I always wondered how people forgot about stuff like that but...here I am!

Return it to amazon or sell on kijiji at cost + $20? Shipping it back seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Any reason not to give someone my amazon receipt? It's usefulness isn't tied to my account or anything is it?

Edit: Oh! Cancellation request went through, no issues. I feel sorry for you Amazon buyers, the things STILL haven't shipped out? Yeesh.

Biff

"Same Day Delivery.
Delivered to the GTA the very same day. Orders arrive from 5-9PM Mon-Fri."

I believe you pick standard shipping and its same day. Not sure how it works but that's what it says when you browse PS4.

Thanks man, I'm going for it.

Got screwed over by both BB and Amazon.ca

wow
such luck

Feel bad for all who preordered since the summer and waiting till monday to get it and I was able to walk into best buy and pick one up on a whim. And best buy online still has stock and you can reserve in store (at least in Brampton) :/

Daigr

Ugh my ps4 isn't even in transit yet, only a shipping label created at about 2 am this morning. Futureshop don't let me down. Located in durham region east of toronto.

Downtown Toronto update: woke up this morning, Check4Change STILL didn't show any updates on the FS order page. Reloaded the page manually: BOOM, shipping information. Thanks for nothing, Check4Change!

Now the weird news: there isn't even an ETA yet. Electronic shipping info submitted at 2:04am. But the delivery is marked as "Expedited Parcels," which I think is new.

Biff

Half an hour on hold with BB. Rep confirms my ps4 has shipped sometime this morning, their website dun goofed and isn't keeping up anymore.

It's in CP's grimey hands now.

*insert banderas gif*

Zing

Banned
With so many duplicate preorders and people getting impatient, I suspect the Craigslist/Kijiji market will be flooded with people trying to sell at cost.

Top Bottom