• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

iphys

Grrr, I got approved for the Shoppers Optimum MasterCard, but it's not going to ship to me until next week. So eventually I'll get a 20% off coupon along with 15,000 bonus points and +15 points per dollar on every purchase, BUT I'm going to miss 20x points this Saturday.

I need to buy a PS3 this month, but I don't know if I should just buy one at the 20x event, or wait and use my 20% off coupon. Bah.

I'd go for the 20x points and the PS3 being on sale Saturday. Usually when they have 20% off coupons they don't apply to sale items, and it could be another month or more before they do another 20x. The 200 points you get per dollar at 20x are far more important than the 15 extra you can get with the credit card. If you're really that worried about points there's a trick where you can buy Shoppers gift cards to get regular points (those are the only gift cards they sell that give the regular points for whatever strange reason) and then use them for your purchases to get an extra 10 points per dollar, but I wouldn't recommend it for a console purchase if you'd be losing out on an extended warranty that your credit card might provide.

khaaan

Which PS4 games are you guys getting from the E3 sale? I am waiting for MGS V.

From Futureshop?
I'm thinking I'll do Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Knack but at the same time I know I'm not going to get a PS4 within the first year and those games (assuming for Knack) are not something that hold their value for very long.

Astra

Got a shipping confirmation from FS for The Last of Us just now. Looks like it'll be here for release! I've never had a game arrive on release day from Futureshop before.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Well, yeah, but they made mistakes on games last year too. They listed physical releases of Jet Set Radio Vita and Tomb Raider PC that never came out. In fact, they've had a Jet Set Radio Vita game listed on the Vita preorder page this whole E3 for some reason, which seems suspect to me.

I didn't say they weren't inept, hohoho.

zroid

Banned
Got a shipping confirmation from FS for The Last of Us just now. Looks like it'll be here for release! I've never had a game arrive on release day from Futureshop before.

Guess that's why they charged everyone. Shipping them out as needed such that they all reach their destinations by Friday. Mine won't ship till Thursday.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Which PS4 games are you guys getting from the E3 sale? I am waiting for MGS V.

It would be wiser to get Xenoblade Sequel, Fire Emblem X SMT, Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts.

But unfortunately, 3/4 of the games I listed haven't been put up yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
From Futureshop?
I'm thinking I'll do Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Knack but at the same time I know I'm not going to get a PS4 within the first year and those games (assuming for Knack) are not something that hold their value for very long.
I wonder if Futureshop will be around in 2020 when two of those three games are released?

Jessicat

is there a preferred browser to shop on FS with? like honestly the site is pissing me off, I selected free shipping but the shipping charges for each game still shows in the total before paying, and i cant choose a free option ;>> ugh

Do we have any updated info on what BB locations will have the Nintendo stuff tomorrow? I didnt care until the games they are demoing actually turned out to be new shit. haha

I know it says 'Edmonton' but there is a bunch of BBs here :p

Noahd41

Neo Member
Do we have any updated info on what BB locations will have the Nintendo stuff tomorrow? I didnt care until the games they are demoing actually turned out to be new shit. haha

I know it says 'Edmonton' but there is a bunch of BBs here :p

It's south common. If you go by this link it says South Edmonton and you can click it which leads you to the map and it gives you the south common location.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/nintendo-e3-demo.aspx

frequency

is there a preferred browser to shop on FS with? like honestly the site is pissing me off, I selected free shipping but the shipping charges for each game still shows in the total before paying, and i cant choose a free option ;>> ugh

I think it's a bug that it changes one of the games to Air shipping or whatever. Click to edit shipping options and choose ground for all. Some of them will show a price next to ground but if all is chosen as ground and you click Continue, it should show then as free shipping after you are finished editing shipping options.

Ondore

So I'm getting ready for the preorder stuff, but PXZ is still sold out (I saw it at ONE - COPY - LEFT this afternoon and it was gone by the time I hit "Preorder"), and the following games aren't on the site yet:

- Mario Golf 3DS
- Mario Party 3DS
- Zelda 3DS
- DK Freeze
- Bayonetta 2
- Smash Bros WiiU

I'm pretty sure the last three were already mentioned and Zelda as well, but are the first two going up or do I need to bug Futureshop?

frequency

A little bit of a frustration post I guess:

Canada Post apparently sent my Animal Crossing in the opposite direction. To Halifax.

I guess I won't be playing Animal Crossing any time soon...

lol, did FS even watch the conferences? Some of these games don't exist or are f2p or aren't coming to the consoles they are listed for.....

Tempted to pre-order a bunch of games that are 2+ years away with a game that comes out in the next 6 months

isny

napkin dispenser
lol, did FS even watch the conferences? Some of these games don't exist or are f2p or aren't coming to the consoles they are listed for.....

Tempted to pre-order a bunch of games that are 2+ years away with a game that comes out in the next 6 months

I can't believe Ducktales is going to be $59.99, that's just such a joke. Nintendo should really buy out FS and BB. Both companies have no idea what to do with themselves or what how the market works, lol

Socreges

Banned
I can't believe Ducktales is going to be $59.99, that's just such a joke. Nintendo should really buy out FS and BB. Both companies have no idea what to do with themselves or what how the market works, lol
Seriously? What about the digital price?

Dazzler

people doing the listings probably aren't gamers

I used to work at head office. Remember FS listing a game called Yoshi Land on their site? That was me that put that listing up :)

SMT

Dazzler

Wasn't there a huge thread about that name being hidden in something

It made the front page of IGN, people speculating that it meant the game was leaked to us or something. I wrote the copy for it, purely as a placeholder not intending for it to go live and someone put it live.

We weren't leaked anything, it was just a mistake, which I rectified once I saw the shit storm it kicked off

It made the front page of IGN, people speculating that it meant the game was leaked to us or something. I wrote the copy for it, purely as a placeholder not intending for it to go live and someone put it live.

We weren't leaked anything, it was just a mistake, which I rectified once I saw the shit storm it kicked off

What is this then?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/yoshi-s-land-nintendo-wii-u/10233565.aspx?path=584ca614fa2c686257e742d62d02554een02

Someone following in your footsteps?

I don't mess with those huge ass stores like futureshop/bestbuy they always seem super sloppy so I just go to EBgames since it's walking distance but that deal you guys are talking about is pretty good

SMT

Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds is doing the same. No discount. I'd wait on making that preorder, for now.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any more shitty.
tumblr_lzh28ttDas1qle2gr.gif

Orca

Flipping between the pages, it seems like there's a lot of multiplat games that are only listed on PS4. The Division, Arkham Origins, Dying Light, Kingdom Hearts 3, Splinter Cell, and UFC off the top of my head. Different people updating the pages?

Edit - even some exclusives are missing, like Kinect Sports and Fantasia (or maybe that was Xbox 360?)

I don't have a Wii U, but I want one at some point, and Nintendo's evergreen policy is tempting me into ordering a handful of games for a console I don't even know when I'm going to buy, so I can get them for $20 off. What to do...

SMT

I don't have a Wii U, but I want one at some point, and Nintendo's evergreen policy is tempting me into ordering a handful of games for a console I don't even know when I'm going to buy, so I can get them for $20 off. What to do...

Actually, it would be wise to get X, and Fire Emblem now because they are going to skyrocket in price later.

Top Bottom