• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

big_z

This is truly a pain in the ass. Did major failson's spread of fud about MGSV being a Xbone exclusive become the reason that FS still hasn't put it up for PS4?

Fucking bullshit.

EDIT: LOL at putting up Dark Sorcerer. What the fuck....

i need destiny and mgsv to show up on the list. ff15 would be nice too. wtf futureshop get your shit together.

Quick

Banned
My local Best Buy isn't taking in pre-orders for PS4 anymore. Plenty of Xbone pre-orders though. Oh well, I'm still guaranteed at EB.

krae_man

How does FS handle orders with multiple pre-orders that have different release dates?

90% of the time they will correct the release date and every game will ship by itself in time to arrive on release date. 10% of the time two games with identical placeholder dates will "get stuck together" and the system will try and wait for the second game to release before they ship them and you have to phone Futureshop to get it corrected.

J-Man

Does futureshop ever cancel orders that have games no longer listed?

I put 1313 in one order, and the Last Guardian in another, and now I see 1313 is no longer listed. I still want to get the other two games in each order to get the discount! Should I redo?

snorggy

Sorry if this has been addressed, but anyone have a good solution for a CC that expires before shipping date of games? I want to take advantage of the FS deal, but my CC expires in september and I won't know the new expiry date and CID until the new card comes.

Brandson

Sorry if this has been addressed, but anyone have a good solution for a CC that expires before shipping date of games? I want to take advantage of the FS deal, but my CC expires in september and I won't know the new expiry date and CID until the new card comes.

You can place your order, then call Futureshop once you get your new card and tell them to change the payment info. I did that once with Best Buy for an E3 preorder special and there were no problems.

snorggy

You can place your order, then call Futureshop once you get your new card and tell them to change the payment info. I did that once with Best Buy for an E3 preorder special and there were no problems.

Thats the thing, the system won't let me pre-order :(

So for those of us who pre-ordered the new consoles online or in store, how do we know that we are guaranteed a system on day 1?

In-Store is pretty much a guarantee, online (from how it's been in the past) seems totally random. I've seen people order 4 days before and get games/systems before people that ordered 6 months in advance.

Minigo

So for those of us who pre-ordered the new consoles online or in store, how do we know that we are guaranteed a system on day 1?

you never know unless you know a manager of said store, they are the only ones who know how many units have been allocated to that store and that number my diminish or increase during the upcoming months, your chance of getting one earlier rather than later is directly proportional to how fast you were able to preorder when the preorders went live on said establishment and the number of units that will be available for that place at launch.

Quick

Banned

They stop taking pre-orders in-store. Not sure about online.

That was the first thing I asked at EB, and I was told that the pre-orders are for day 1.

As tempting as this Futureshop deal is, I think I'll hold off using it for one new release for launch day of both new platforms. As I'm locked in at more than one place for pre-orders of both Consoles, I can totally see myself with the consoles and nothing to play. Based on experience, and what i've seen here previously, there's a very good chance that Futureshop will not get the games delivered to Calgary on Xbox One and PS4 launch day.

Am I wrong and should I just bite the bullet and place all of my game orders?

btkadams

As tempting as this Futureshop deal is, I think I'll hold off using it for one new release for launch day of both new platforms. As I'm locked in at more than one place for pre-orders of both Consoles, I can totally see myself with the consoles and nothing to play. Based on experience, and what i've seen here previously, there's a very good chance that Futureshop will not get the games delivered to Calgary on Xbox One and PS4 launch day.

Am I wrong and should I just bite the bullet and place all of my game orders?
If you have the system and the games haven't come in the mail, go to FS and buy the games. When the other copies come in the mail, return those to the store using the store versions' receipt.

Regardless, sometimes launch games release a week before a console.

Edit: I do this with pretty much every Pokemon release, since the online preorder usually has a deal but I want them on the Sunday they release.

In-Store is pretty much a guarantee, online (from how it's been in the past) seems totally random. I've seen people order 4 days before and get games/systems before people that ordered 6 months in advance.

you never know unless you know a manager of said store, they are the only ones who know how many units have been allocated to that store and that number my diminish or increase during the upcoming months, your chance of getting one earlier rather than later is directly proportional to how fast you were able to preorder when the preorders went live on said establishment and the number of units that will be available for that place at launch.

They stop taking pre-orders in-store. Not sure about online.

That was the first thing I asked at EB, and I was told that the pre-orders are for day 1.

Yeah that's what I thought.

As long as the online order go through, I guess I will be fine.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh, thanks guys!

EDIT:

Preordered Last of Us, X, Mario kart 8, Watch Dogs, Windwaker, and Witcher 3

Saved 120 dollars!

RE_Player

Looks like FutureShop got their stuff together and some PS4 pre-orders actually apply the discount now. Yesterday was a complete shit show. Now all they have to do is add some more of the multiplatform games to the PS4 already listed for Xbone and we're good.

Palehorse

I was planning on just making one 3 game preorder at FS but ended up with a second when I saw the games that were added since yesterday.

Now I have:

The Division
BF4
Zelda: LBW

and

Thief
Watch Dogs
The Bureau

I can't pass up those savings...

On the PS4 front, I'm concerned. I want to do a preorder, but I can see not getting one on launch day as I've delayed a day to get it done. Plus I will be saving and collecting FS gift cards to pay for the console, so I don't want to have to wrestle online with the hassle of replacing my CC with them. But if I don't, the odds of getting one seem slim...?

It's been so long since we had these major console launches I don't know how it will go.

Magnus

Guys, The Last of Us is featured at EB Games as a $1/day game when you buy and trade it back in.

I think you have to preorder it from them and show your receipt to qualify. Great, great fucking deal for people who want to just play it, finish it and drop it.

Posting again, b/c it's too good.

Cudder

I'm confused as to why you guys are ordering games in groups of 3? I have 5 games in my cart right now and they're all 40$, why would I split them up?

frequency

I'm confused as to why you guys are ordering games in groups of 3? I have 5 games in my cart right now and they're all 40$, why would I split them up?

I just do it because it's easier for me to keep track of instead of just one huge order with 21 games on it.

If you're only ordering 5, then one makes more sense.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's easier to manage if you need to cancel something or whatever. There's no particular reason to do it.

Cudder

Just cleared my cart and added all of my games again and I noticed that The Last of Us is NO LONGER available to pre order. FUCK!! I didn't place my order yet. :(

If you have the system and the games haven't come in the mail, go to FS and buy the games. When the other copies come in the mail, return those to the store using the store versions' receipt.

Regardless, sometimes launch games release a week before a console.

Edit: I do this with pretty much every Pokemon release, since the online preorder usually has a deal but I want them on the Sunday they release.

Good call - I'll probably do that.

One other question though, if my game orders have big variations in release dates, will Futureshop send the games as they're released? I'd hate to think that they'd hold an order for months.

Probably an obvious question but I've never done this deal in previous years - thanks!

snack

What are the chances I can step into a Gamestop/EB Games come Friday evening and a copy of Last of Us will still be available for me to purchase?

Top Bottom