• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

big_z

Which PS4 games are you guys getting from the E3 sale? I am waiting for MGS V.

waiting for the futureshop list to get its shit straight but i want MGSV, Battlefield 4 and destiny. maybe i'll toss watch dogs or asscreed in there but ubi games drop so fast it's almost pointless.

i might cross preorder the same games for xbone plus some others(xbone has a much better lineup) but i'll only be getting one of the consoles. microsofts price and policies make me lean towards sony but well see.

Actually, it would be wise to get X, and Fire Emblem now because they are going to skyrocket in price later.

I don't think we'll see a repeat of Xenoblade. Demand for it is less likely to drive it to ridiculous prices thanks to the digital option, and at the same time, even if demand DID drive it to ridiculous prices... there's always the digital option.

Fire Emblem x SMT I'm just not that sure about yet, because I have no idea how it'll play. Then again the same is true of X...

More so, I have my eye on Pikmin, Wonderful 101, SM3DW, Windwaker, Smash, and Bayonetta.

They've updated the new added preorders list for Futureshop but it's a bit tricky. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. I add various combination of games and it works, and even removing or modifying one eradicates the deal.

YMMV. Good luck!

So I can preorder the PS3 version of Destiny, but not the PS4 version, Futureshop? Ah well, at least I can still preorder "Mirros Edge 2".

Mikey Jr.

I'm confused.

Futureshop is STILL taking PS4 orders.

So what are they saying here? That they have a massive amount of supply that they they will be able to ship out day 1? Or they are taking preorders, but only a certain amount past X number will get it day 1, the rest of the preorders will ship out as they get more supply?

Amazon.com is clear about that. If you have the "Launch edition" or the "Day one edition" you will get yours on day 1. Standard edition preorders will get theirs as they get more supply.

Because right now I have a PS4 preordered online at FS. Just wondering if I should go down to FS instead and preorder in person, and get a receipt. Would that not guarantee I get a console from the store on launch day? I have no idea how this works, excuse my ignorance.

So I can preorder the PS3 version of Destiny, but not the PS4 version, Futureshop? Ah well, at least I can still preorder "Mirros Edge 2".

I wouldn't put too much stock into that right now. I mean, apparently you can pre-order Planetside 2 for fuck sakes. Gonna give them a few days to sort their shit out.

FluxWaveZ

I'm confused.

So what are they saying here? That they have a massive amount of supply that they they will be able to ship out day 1? Or they are taking preorders, but only a certain amount past X number will get it day 1, the rest of the preorders will ship out as they get more supply?

Amazon.com is clear about that. If you have the "Launch edition" or the "Day one edition" you will get yours on day 1. Standard edition preorders will get theirs as they get more supply.

Because right now I have a PS4 preordered online at FS. Just wondering if I should go down to FS instead and preorder in person, and get a receipt. Would that not guarantee I get a console from the store on launch day? I have no idea how this works, excuse my ignorance.

I guess I'd like to know the answer to this too. Things are going to be chaotic come launch day.

Future Shop has updated some stuff. Games like Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros. Wii U have been added and games that weren't recognized as being part of the deal have the discounts applied now.

Got:

SMT X FE - $39.99
Bayonetta 2 - $39.99
Super Smash Bros. U - $39.99

---

Killzone Shadow Fall - $39.99
inFamous: Second Son - $39.99
Super Smash Bros. 3DS - $26.66

They're sorting the games as we speak. I saw a lot of new mock boxarts for games added and discount applied to all games.

Hopefully they add it soon as I'd like to have a combined order. Things like Dark Souls 2, MGSV, Driveclub and Destiny as dearly missing.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
It's laggy as hell... FS

Mikey Jr.

You guys honestly think 2 days of pre-ordering has sold through all stock for consoles launching in 5+ months?

Amazon.com has completely sold out their entire first day of supply of PS4 in like a half a day.

Amazon dot fucking com

So yeah, FS still taking preorders 24 hours later is kinda worrying.

IllumiNate

Oh man someone help me I've pre ordered in sets of 3

PS3:
GT6
GTAV
Beyond;Two souls

PS4:
Assassin's Creed 4
BF4
Watchdog's
The Witcher 3
Knack
Killzone
UFC
Dragon Age 3
Infamous SS

3DS
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Yoshis Island

Now I'm considering more

Joeku

Should I not preorder stuff at FS in one big order? I suppose if I did that I couldn't individually cancel things I don't want later on.

Should I not preorder stuff at FS in one big order? I suppose if I did that I couldn't individually cancel things I don't want later on.

Yeah, that's the only thing. If there's a preorder bonus added that you really find interested, you'll have to order from the beginning or return it once you recieve it. Sticky situation, so it's best to reduce in sets of 3 games in each others. I sorted them by launch titles and must haves, and then those I may not get if the stuff they show is shit, especially since a lot of them are Q4 2014 titles.

Sora_N

Is there any filler games this year?

I wanted to redo my Xillia onto it's own order for FS, they took out Star Wars 1313 lol.

Geez, that is so much work. Guess I'll sit down for an hour tomorrow and do that then.

Lol :p

Here's my tentative list:

Order 1:
Battlefield 4
FIFA 14
Call Of Duty: Ghosts
Watch Dogs

Order 2:
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Batman Arkham Origins
inFamous Second Son

Order 3:
South Park The Stick Of Truth
The Order 1886
Thief
Mad Max

Order 4:
Star Wars Battlefront
Mirror's Edge 2
Tom Clancys The Division
Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt

Order 5:
Rocksmith 2014
Dying Light
Kingdom Hearts 3

Order 6 (when added to FS Store):
Driveclub
Destiny
Metal Gear Solid 5

Is there any filler games this year?

I wanted to redo my Xillia onto it's own order for FS, they took out Star Wars 1313 lol.

Filler games as in the ones that most likely will not ship to retail and cancel? If so:

The Dark Sorcerer (PlayStation 4)
Planetside (PlayStation 4)
Trials Fusion (PlayStation 4)
World Of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
RYSE (XBOX 360)
Prey 2 (XBOX 360)
Max Curse Of The Brotherhood (Xbox 360)

Joeku

I'm preordering a PS4 now just in case the sky falls out but I really enjoy the overnight lineups and watching a miniscule society evolve and then evaporate in twelve hours, so I'll probably go stand in front of a Wal-mart when it releases.

I just pray to God it isn't as cold as the night the Wii came out.

Diablo 4 (PS4)- Watch Dogs(PS4) - UFC(PS4) - Knack - InFamous - Tales of Xilla - Lightning Returns (only person ever?!) - FFX|FFX2 ReMakes

And I was one of the first people to pre-order a PS4 yesterday when it came up on Futureshop.

This deal, wish I got in it last year.

Returners

Filler games as in the ones that most likely will not ship to retail and cancel? If so:

The Dark Sorcerer (PlayStation 4)
Planetside (PlayStation 4)
Trials Fusion (PlayStation 4)
World Of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
RYSE (XBOX 360)
Prey 2 (XBOX 360)
Max Curse Of The Brotherhood (Xbox 360)

The Dark Sorcerer for sure, I think though RYSE/Prey 2 is still confirmed to be in retail?

I'm confused.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that right now. I mean, apparently you can pre-order Planetside 2 for fuck sakes. Gonna give them a few days to sort their shit out.

I think by mid day yesterday some insider on RedFlag who had Future Shop numbers said that the orders were at 1400. That was at midday yesterday. It seems reasonable that they would be able to fill that. I imagine it slowed by now after the initial rush of orders.

No_Style

I'm seriously considering pre-ordering first party Wii U games even though I don't have plans to get one until a price cut and/or 2014.

It's going to feel real weird when I'm holding copies of Super Mario 3D World and DKC:Tropical Freeze later this year.

iphys

They reposted Smash Bros 3DS, so does that mean those of us who pre-ordered in the past 2 years will never get our pre-orders?

canonj

No_Style

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but there seems to be 2 entries for Super Mario 3D World on Future Shop's website:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...e362aa55b331153df4160c4en02&SearchPageIndex=1

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...000dd146a4eca28ad967deaen02&SearchPageIndex=1

I preordered "Mario 3D" on Monday before the official name was unveiled yesterday, so now I'm wondering if I need to cancel my order and place another for Super Mario 3D World. Advice?

At this moment, I'd say go ahead and re-order just to be on the safe side. Make the new order and then cancel the questionable one.

Titanfall is also for PC FS cmon!

How come you guys are making multiple orders? Is it more advantageous or something?

Easier to cancel items is my guess. Then again, you can't really go into an order that's already shipped items and make amendments to it. I'm actually grouping mine in categories based on my desire for them. If I ever get short on cash or something, I can cancel a bunch of them that are further out in the future.

frequency

How does Futureshop handle temporary listings that later get corrected with a completely different listing?

For example the Mario 3D listing I pre-ordered. But then they added Super Mario 3D World. What happens with my pre-order?

They did this with Smash Brothers and Super Smash Bros too.

And I expect Wii U X would have the same thing happen. And maybe SMT x Fire Emblem too.

When they put the correct listings up would the pre-orders for these other ones just stay in limbo forever?
This is really stupid. Do they not have the ability to edit? Instead they just make new listings. So really really stupid.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Oh man. Now that I had to wait for the PS4 games to update, it is giving me and error on futureshop's website that The Last of Us can not be with the other two games Killzone and GTA5 since it is available in store and not online as it was yesterday.... if I didn't have to wait for them to update Killzone I obviously would have submitted my order then. Emailed customer service but in store pick up is not an option for me right now unfortunately.

Anony

PMUUoOn.png

so good

do we know if zelda is coming out this year?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What happened with Tsilon & E3 this year? I remember them offering $20 off codes for individual games last year.
Yes but you weren't able to use them until after the regular E3 deal was over so you couldn't stack them. Nothing has been announced for this year so far so we have to wait and see.

zroid

Banned
I canceled a couple of my orders, but ended up placing more. I have 11 Wii U games pre-ordered... :(

For example the Mario 3D listing I pre-ordered. But then they added Super Mario 3D World. What happens with my pre-order?

For Mario 3D World, I just canceled my order and placed a new one with the correct listing, but in a worst case scenario (like if the deal ends), you can just contact FS and they will fix it, assuming they don't fix it themselves at some point. It's probably better not to give them the benefit of the doubt, though. This happened to me before with Paper Mario Sticker Star, and that's what I did.

krae_man

I wish they'd add Final Fantasy XV, I'm one title short of another group of three and nothing else is really grabbing my attention. :/

Just do a couple of groups of 4. Although the promo says the 4th game will only get a $10 discount, every game in your cart will get the 33% off as long as there is at least 3 in it.

Just do a couple of groups of 4. Although the promo says the 4th game will only get a $10 discount, every game in your cart will get the 33% off as long as there is at least 3 in it.

Hmm, I tried to do four 3DS games earlier and it added shipping fees for some reason. Maybe it was just a hiccup, I'll give it a shot again. Cheers!

frequency

Hmm, I tried to do four 3DS games earlier and it added shipping fees for some reason. Maybe it was just a hiccup, I'll give it a shot again. Cheers!

I think that's a bug. It sets one of the games to ship with air or something. You have to go edit the shipping options and choose ground for all. Some of them may list a price even for ground shipping but after you click "Continue" it should show as free shipping on the right where it calculates the total.

krae_man

Yeah, getting charged shipping is just a glitch that happens sometimes, just empty your cart and try again it will probably work the second time.

i-Lo

This is truly a pain in the ass. Did major failson's spread of fud about MGSV being a Xbone exclusive become the reason that FS still hasn't put it up for PS4?

Fucking bullshit.

EDIT: LOL at putting up Dark Sorcerer. What the fuck....

Top Bottom