• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Firestorm

WTF, there's a Mega Redemption AND a 30% off coupon? SHITE I NEED TO GET A PS4

Where does one get these coupons? Should I be expecting one in the mail?
It was apparently in the mail and PS4s are probably sold out as they had 20x Points + Coupon on Saturday I believe. There's an RFD thread where people were able to pick up systems at $170 or so after points. Only saw it last night :(

iphys

Thinking about getting a Wii U from Shoppers.

$250 this weekend.
18,500 bonus points if you spend $75+ (worth $25 normally, about $40 during mega redemption if you hit 95k)

So I was thinking about doing this:
1. Buy Wii U: $280 after tax
2. Redeem 95,000 points for $170 off. 280 - 170 - 110.
3. How do the remaining points work? It's pre-tax total so I don't get $110 worth of points... $80 then since tax on $250 is $30? Either way I get 18,500 points plus whatever.
4. Total is $110 plus points equaling $25-40; net cost under $100.

Hmm actually it would be better next weekend with the mega redemption and assuming you have a 30% off coupon from the mail:
1. $300 - 30% = $210. $210+tax = $235.
2. Redeem 95,000 points for $210 off. 235 - 210 = $25.

Basically the $50 discount this weekend mitigates the extra $40 from the mega redemption, but the 30% off coupon makes the latter deal way better. And I believe the coupon only works on regular priced items.

The 30% off is after redemptions, so it would be $300-$210=$90, and then 30% off the $90 would leave you paying $63 plus tax on $300. First offer you're paying $80 plus tax on $250 and getting 19290 points back, so I'd go with that.

zroid

Banned
It was apparently in the mail and PS4s are probably sold out as they had 20x Points + Coupon on Saturday I believe. There's an RFD thread where people were able to pick up systems at $170 or so after points. Only saw it last night :(

Dammit, I don't think I got any coupon. :(

I wonder if I could track a PS4 down anyway, there are so many Shoppers stores around me... no fewer than 8 within a 10 minute's drive radius around my place. Oh well I'll probably just stick to my guns and wait till next year when they're easier to find and the hardware/OS is more reliable. Actual games to play wouldn't hurt either.

lupinko

I wonder if I could track a PS4 down anyway, there are so many Shoppers stores around me... no fewer than 8 within a 10 minute's drive radius around my place. Oh well I'll probably just stick to my guns and wait till next year when they're easier to find and the hardware/OS is more reliable. Actual games to play wouldn't hurt either.

But Resogun...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

If you change your mind I have an extra PS4 sitting here at my house.

Lexxism

But Resogun...

Resogun

I got a 20% one by e-mail an hour ago. Better than nothing!

Edit: I don't see any super redemption day in Quebec. Or it's on the week-end of the Nov 30 - Dec 1?
And I never ever received one of those coupons my the mail... What do you need to do? haha

Mayyhem

I'm guessing if a E3 $39.99 game gets delivered but I don't want it (CoD Ghosts for Xb1) I can't say return it to futureshop in store or something? I'm SOL?

I'm guessing if a E3 $39.99 game gets delivered but I don't want it (CoD Ghosts for Xb1) I can't say return it to futureshop in store or something? I'm SOL?

No, you can definitely return Future Shop games you order online to a store. Obviously, you'll just get the original $39.99 + tax credited back to your original funding source, in case you were hoping to get back the MSRP or something.

soultron

Banned
Still trying to figure out if I should hold onto my PS4. I'm like... Resogun/KZSF... but on the other hand... more money for xmas gifts. Plus, Zelda and Tearaway on Friday... ugh. #FirstWorldProblems

Mayyhem

No, you can definitely return Future Shop games you order online to a store. Obviously, you'll just get the original $39.99 + tax credited back to your original funding source, in case you were hoping to get back the MSRP or something.

Nope, just wanted my $39.99 back. Awesome! Thanks a lot

Edit: I paid with my CC, but I already paid it off, I'll get credit to the card anyhow?

Still trying to figure out if I should hold onto my PS4. I'm like... Resogun/KZSF... but on the other hand... more money for xmas gifts. Plus, Zelda and Tearaway on Friday... ugh. #FirstWorldProblems

Sounds like you just need to decide on one or two games you want and are going to play instead of getting all of them.

I played Killzone for all of two hours before I had to shelve it to make time for AssCreed 4. Who knows when I'll get back to it.

The 30% off is after redemptions, so it would be $300-$210=$90, and then 30% off the $90 would leave you paying $63 plus tax on $300. First offer you're paying $80 plus tax on $250 and getting 19290 points back, so I'd go with that.

So redemption is like a coupon? $80+tax is pretty good.

Now I just have to find one.

soultron

Banned
Sounds like you just need to decide on one or two games you want and are going to play instead of getting all of them.

I played Killzone for all of two hours before I had to shelve it to make time for AssCreed 4. Who knows when I'll get back to it.

I'm really leaning towards Zelda and Tearaway, being honest. They look like more fun than anything on PS4 right now, in my opinion.

Resogun looks like the next GeoWars, but I'm just not sure if I want the PS4 right now just for that.

krae_man

I'm really leaning towards Zelda and Tearaway, being honest. They look like more fun than anything on PS4 right now, in my opinion.

Resogun looks like the next GeoWars, but I'm just not sure if I want the PS4 right now just for that.

Don't Forget 3D World. Xbox Schmexbox. Friday is Vita and Nintendo day.

chrono01

Super Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds not charged yet [Futureshop]. I have a feeling that I won't be receiving these on release day. :(

My Amazon.ca pre-order for the Link Between Worlds 3DS hasn't been charged yet, either.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Super Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds not charged yet [Futureshop]. I have a feeling that I won't be receiving these on release day. :(

My Amazon.ca pre-order for the Link Between Worlds 3DS hasn't been charged yet, either.

Yeah, I'm obsessively looking at my bank's website to see if they've been charged... I don't want to wait until monday to play it...!

Next-gen hype/momentum is the only reason I have a PS4 right now. PC is still delivering a better experience with the split generation multiplatform titles and the console exclusives that I really want to play are still on the PS3 or the handhelds.

At least Killzone looks kind of pretty I guess.

Vamphuntr

Just received the holidays flyer for Microplay. I think it's QC only though. Starts on Nov 29th. Lot of stuff and not that many good deals but here are some highlights :

Persona 4 Golden Vita 19.99$
SMT IV 3DS 29.99$
Batman Arkham Origins PS3 39.99$ 360/Wii U/PC 49.99$
Splinter Cell Blacklist 360/PS3/Wii U 29.99$
Gears of Wars Judgement 360 24.99$
Beyon TWo Souls PS3 39.99$ (two days only)
Batman Arkham City 360/PS3 12.99$
Halo 4 24.99$
Zombi U Wii U 29.99$
The Last of Us 39.99$
Ni no Kuni PS3 20$
Dragon's Crown PS3/Vita 29.99$
God of War Origins Collection PS3 9.99$
Infamous PS3 9.99$
LBP Kartin PS3 9.99$

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
The 20% off from SDM is pretty nice since you can even get the WiiU below $200

Where are you supposed to get these? I have the optimum card, but I never received any coupon in the (snail) mail or at my e-mail address like most of you do... I'm in no hurry right now, but having a 20-30% off when I decide to get my PS4 would be pretty nice!

Canon

Banned
To anyone who did the shop.ca ebates 20% off promo, do you see your money show up on eBates.ca? They're telling me it won't show up until 7 days after it ships, which seems false.

It's been 13 days since I bought it. At first they told me it would take 7 days, no mention of "having to be shipped."

-Deimos

To anyone who did the shop.ca ebates 20% off promo, do you see your money show up on eBates.ca? They're telling me it won't show up until 7 days after it ships, which seems false.

It's been 13 days since I bought it. At first they told me it would take 7 days, no mention of "having to be shipped."

For my first purchase, I emailed them a week after placing the order when the balance didn't show and they updated it within an hour. The item shipped 3 days after the order so let's say it took 4 days after shipping to update, with an email asking them to.

I emailed them again today because I ordered that PS4 Killzone bundle which ships in December and they told me the same thing. 7 days after shipping for an update. I got my money the first time so I'm not too worried but you should email them again if its been more than 7 days after your stuff has been shipped.

I guess no one works there, because I've posted a message... emailed, called and left a message...

...AND STILL NOTHING!!! No reply from anyone there. All I want to know is when my copy of Ghosts is shipping. I was planning to buy other things from them, but I might just have to hold off.

Canon

Banned
The thing is, I've already been charged so that's complete nonsense that it has to ship. For what reason!? They already have my money.

khaaan

Just to reiterate/clarify, the cheapest place to get a WiiU this weekend will be Friday at SDM using the 20% coupon with the $250 Nintendoland bundle?

Lexxism

Where are you supposed to get these? I have the optimum card, but I never received any coupon in the (snail) mail or at my e-mail address like most of you do... I'm in no hurry right now, but having a 20-30% off when I decide to get my PS4 would be pretty nice!

Try checking your email again. Maybe it's just late.

The 20% off coupon says regular price items and excludes sale items =(

Coupon is here: http://images.email.shoppersoptimum.ca/templates/2013/11_Nov/Nov20/images/se.pdf

Oh, damn. I didn't read again :lol

Just to reiterate/clarify, the cheapest place to get a WiiU this weekend will be Friday at SDM using the 20% coupon with the $250 Nintendoland bundle?

That's what I assumed but you can't use the 20% off coupon on the $250 Nintendo Land bundle.

Firestorm

Pretty sure those two don't stack. If they do, then yes. Otherwise I think 20% off a $300 Zelda or Mario bundle is a better bet as it's $10 less and you get NSMB or Wind Waker (with the cool controller) out of it.

Lexxism

Yeah. That's the best option. You can get the WiiU for $240 + 18500 points which you can get as much as $40(?) in mega redemption day. That's like $200 anyway.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Try checking your email again. Maybe it's just late.
Never received anything and I've had the card for more than a year... Do I have to sign up for something on their website? I searched and didn't see anything. I they do have the right e-mail, because I used it for a password change without problem.

Lexxism

Never received anything and I've had the card for more than a year... Do I have to sign up for something on their website? I searched and didn't see anything. I they do have the right e-mail, because I used it for a password change without problem.

That's weird. You should be getting the email from them. But anyway, just print the coupon that Firestorm posted. It looks like coupon is not even unique. I think everyone can use it.

chrono01

I was finally charged for Super Mario 3D World/Link Between Worlds from Futureshop!

ipPUxKbLD47Gv.gif

Coupon discount should not exceed $50 (but the system will still allow it, just depends on how vigilant the CSR is).

I thought the 18,500 bonus points don't start until Saturday?

amrod

Holy shit I got a email my Xbox One shipped from FS (I'm in Calgary)

I'll edit post once tracking # works but I paid for overnight shipping

brarstar

Neo Member
Holy shit I got a email my Xbox One shipped from FS (I'm in Calgary)

I'll edit post once tracking # works but I paid for overnight shipping

Ya mine shipped from BB this morning, if I go on the basis of my other BB shipments I should have it by Friday but you never really know.

Im in BC

Jinto

Just picked up the Ratchet & Clank collection at Walmart for $15. The price in store was $30, but it's $15 on their website, so they changed the price for me.

Hm, I've never pre-ordered anything online before, but you would think my Zelda pre-order from best buy would have updated by now. It just says in progress and my credit card hasn't been charged yet. I guess I'm not the only one. If it wasn't for the treasure chest, I would just cancel it, and buy the game in store.

Top Bottom