• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Orca

Xbox One just arrived at the house. Assassin's Creed IV showed up last week. Dead Rising, Ryse, and Forza day one editions haven't shipped at all yet... I don't understand why those wouldn't have gone out already, there's no way I'm getting them in time now.

All ordered during Futureshop's $40 per game E3 thing, so I don't want to cancel them and just try to find them locally.

Xbox One just arrived at the house. Assassin's Creed IV showed up last week. Dead Rising, Ryse, and Forza day one editions haven't shipped at all yet... I don't understand why those wouldn't have gone out already, there's no way I'm getting them in time now.

All ordered during Futureshop's $40 per game E3 thing, so I don't want to cancel them and just try to find them locally.

Xbox One arrived from FS already? When did you receive your tracking info?

Jay Fray

Does anyone know if BB/FS had non-pre order stock online for the PS4 on launch day? Family member has asked me to help them find an Xbox one on launch day.

Mayyhem

Has anyone gotten BF4 (Xbox One) from FS yet? E3 order.

This shit is so sloppy. I got an email on the 18th saying that BF4 shipped, and that the expected delivery date was the 20th. Well Canada Post came on the 19th, and delivered my CoD (which I returned). I did not even get a damn shipping email for CoD. BF4 did'nt even arrive on the expected delivery date either, I'm waiting to see if it arrives today.

All it says on the tracking site is: Elec Info submitted by shippers - Item picked up by CanPost

Expected delivery date is still 11/20, yet in transit (current date) is 11/21

This is so annoying. I mean at least give me a heads up around when It'll actually come, I don't want to be sitting around here for days waiting for the post man to come so I don't fucking miss him. Chances are it wont even come today. Fucking dumb

/rant

Magnus

Live in Toronto and never fail to get my shit late. It's fucking embarrassing for them to be consistently late like this. Bad rep.

The notion of getting something early, nevermind a system....wow. Congrats!

zroid

Banned
Card was FINALLY charged for Zelda. About effing time!

Still nothing for Mario, but I'm sure it'll be soon now. Now just ship by tonight, god dammit...

bakuryu

Neo Member
FYI, just called Microplay in Montreal and they were saying they have much less Xbox Ones incoming than their list of reservations. The girl on the phone actually said "I don't think they want to sell the damn things".

So if you (like me) were waiting to see if there was a lot of overship in order to impulse buy, then your wallet should be safe.

(She also said that they had no preorders for Super Mario 3D World and that they were receiving a bunch.)

Zeeman

I've got $100 in Future Shop gift cards and I'm really tempted to head over to a midnight opening to grab Mario and Zelda, any idea which one in Toronto would be the least packed?

Maddog

If it really bugs you then go check BB/FS/WM etc and buy them if they have them. Then return the copies that come in the mail with your receipt for the games you will have paid full price for.

Anyone have any idea where I can find one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005K2TXMO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheaper than this in-store? Doesn't have to be as fancy as that model. Just trying to get speakers to work with my HP monitor that has no audio jacks or internal speakers (which is ridiculous, it's brand new). Can't rig my turtle beaches to the Xbox One, so I'm screwed out of any audio until I can figure this out.

I've had that same problem for years. What I do is run an HDMI cable for video, and an VGA cable out of my consoles into a converter to a 3.5mm jack.

http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Console-Adapter-Convert-Single/dp/B0006U3ACY

B-Dex

Amazon.ca has put my Xbox One into preparing for shipment - maybe they won't screw this up like the PS4 launch? (probably wishful thinking)

Edit: Nevermind, it's back to not yet shipped - Amazon toying with me

Mine still says prepping for shipment but I paid for priority shipping cause i'm a sucker :(

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Lost hope of getting Mario tomorrow. Argh... Do I want to walk into a store when it'll be full of people waiting in line to get the xbone...?

Maddog

No, nothing. It's a relatively new (September) HP monitor without any audio out or headphone jack. I'm surprised there are no audio options for it as it was about 200 dollars from Best Buy. All I have is VGA and HDMI.

Ok well based on that device you posted on Amazon, there seem to be some cheaper ones on ebay if you can wait a while / trust Chinese sellers. Here's one for 10$ but doesn't include a cable http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digital-Opti...io_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2c75e0c06d&_uhb=1 Then you can just buy a cheap cable for 1$ (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-8m-M-M-Mal...LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item565d5fb499&_uhb=1)

Edit: you wanted in store. Nevermind then. Sorry.

Sooooo some people from RFD are saying that their shop.ca PS4 Killzone and PS plus bundle from the Nov 7 sale got their status changed from Order Received(initial status) to Shipping soon.

Mine is still at order received, anyone who ordered from there had any changes...
and wtf brah.

Ok well based on that device you posted on Amazon, there seem to be some cheaper ones on ebay if you can wait a while / trust Chinese sellers. Here's one for 10$ but doesn't include a cable http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digital-Opti...io_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2c75e0c06d&_uhb=1 Then you can just buy a cheap cable for 1$ (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-8m-M-M-Mal...LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item565d5fb499&_uhb=1)

Edit: you wanted in store. Nevermind then. Sorry.

You gave me a better idea and pricing, which is helpful, so thank you!

Sorry, I meant to say RCA. I'm sure the Xbox One has ports other than HDMI. You might be able to fit a 360 version in there. I use a PS2 one on my PS3.

http://thejetlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/xbox-one-4.jpg

Not sure if there is, looks like I may be out of luck.

Edit: I'm told that "S/pdif cord from xbox --> to converter --> speakers then plug into headphone jack or red/white on convverter depending on the speakers" will work for me.

Called FS to cancel my Mario 3D World order (it was part of another order that already shipped so I couldn't cancel online) so I can just grab it at work tomorrow. Too hyped to wait! They seemed to think it wouldn't have shipped out until Friday so if anyone ordered from there and wants the game on release, you might want to pursue other options.

Sora_N

Wow wtf Best Buy, I didn't get charged for Zelda yet AND I can't edit payment info (wanted to enter GC since they didn't ship yet). Fucking stupid.

EDIT: Lol they charged me for the Music Box I paid $0.01 + $5 shipping for, I guess that won't be cancelled then.

Product Total

$0.01

Shipping

$5.00

Subtotal

$5.01

PST

$0.35

GST

$0.25

Order Total

$5.61

iiicon

Lost hope of getting Mario tomorrow. Argh... Do I want to walk into a store when it'll be full of people waiting in line to get the xbone...?
I'm gonna be near the EB I pre-ordered it at anyway an hour before the store opens so I might as well grab a coffee and line up. Not looking forward to it, but hopefully the midnight release tonight will have some effect on the morning crowd.

B-Dex

Mine is actually on "Shipping Now" (I chose Express) - Amazon is playing games with my heart

Same here! But the blurb when I hit tracking info still talks about prepping for shipment :(.. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it shows up for me tomorrow!

chrono01

Super Mario 3D World/Link Between Worlds charged, but not shipped. I'm definitely not receiving them tomorrow which means I will be without them on the weekend of release. That saddens me. ~_~

Futureshop, why did you not start shipping these out sooner? Free shipping already takes between 2-3 days. *sigh*

I think this will be the last time I use them for game pre-orders, even with the E3 promotion. It's not worth the headache, to be honest.

vulva

best buy's jerkin me around with zelda. I emailed asking about the pre-order bonus, I was told

"Thank you for your email regarding order #***********.

I checked on the website and did not see a bonus for pre order. If you received something do let me know

hank you for choosing Bestbuy.ca!

Sincerely,"

So I emailed back with the link to the chest 2 days ago, no reply yet.

Now I can't check my order status. Everytime I try to check on it, I'm told "We were unable to find a match for the order number, last name and postal code you entered. Please check for accuracy and try again. (0110)"

No replies from customer support and I can't view my status or even cancel my order. This is a load of horse feathers I tell ya!

I finally got tracking for my Day One edition XBone! It doesn't currently work, so I'll check it again in a few hours. It's expedited so it "should" be delivered tomorrrow.

Super Mario 3D World/Link Between Worlds charged, but not shipped. I'm definitely not receiving them tomorrow which means I will be without them on the weekend of release. That saddens me. ~_~

Futureshop, why did you not start shipping these out sooner? Free shipping already takes between 2-3 days. *sigh*

I think this will be the last time I use them for game pre-orders, even with the E3 promotion. It's not worth the headache, to be honest.

Don't forget about the ol' return-swap trick... I'll be buying a copy of 3D World in store tomorrow and returning the one I get from FS next week with the full price receipt. Zelda I can wait for as I won't be starting on it for a while anyway.

chrono01

Don't forget about the ol' return-swap trick... I'll be buying a copy of 3D World in store tomorrow and returning the one I get from FS next week with the full price receipt. Zelda I can wait for as I won't be starting on it for a while anyway.
I was debating that, and while I am extremely excited for 3D World, I don't know if I want to go through the added trouble. I do have a few other titles, namely Fire Emblem Awakening and Tales of Xillia, to complete, so maybe I can just focus on those instead this weekend and 3D World on Monday/Tuesday [whenever it arrives].

I'll give it some thought, though!

Jayhawk

I was debating that, and while I am extremely excited for 3D World, I don't know if I want to go through the added trouble. I do have a few other titles, namely Fire Emblem Awakening and Tales of Xillia, to complete, so maybe I can just focus on those instead this weekend and 3D World on Monday/Tuesday [whenever it arrives].

I'll give it some thought, though!

Get started on making Tharja your waifu. >:O

So I emailed back with the link to the chest 2 days ago, no reply yet.

Now I can't check my order status. Everytime I try to check on it, I'm told "We were unable to find a match for the order number, last name and postal code you entered. Please check for accuracy and try again. (0110)"

No replies from customer support and I can't view my status or even cancel my order. This is a load of horse feathers I tell ya!

But when you ordered, you got an order confirmation with the pre-order bonus, right? I know they took it off a while ago so new preorders made now don't have it. I was gonna help my friend get one but when I checked Bestbuy the bonus didn't show up anymore on the check out page...

I'm still waiting on my 3D World to come tomorrow, but I've stopped even looking at the site. On Monday i received my BF4 and NFs for PS4, but on the site it hadn't shown them as charged or shipped (I was charged). The site has more than proven to be a terrible way of keeping track of things.

I'll go home tomorrow, and if my Mario isn't there I'll go buy one and return my copy next week. I WILL play that game this weekend.

zroid

Banned
So the Wal-Mart flyer is advertising the gold Zelda 3DS XL for $199.

Might be a mistake, but if they honour it, that's a nice price.

Mine has arrived!
5F69Wuc.jpg

AjERJ3x.jpg

KF0PxxU.jpg

4lDy8s4.jpg

From bestbuy.ca

zroid

Banned
Future Shop. щ(ºДºщ)

Charge my card for Mario already!! щ(ºДºщ)

I think I might drop by my local Best Buy at midnight and pick it up then. I'll have to risk the potential awkwardness of returning a game I went to the trouble of purchasing at midnight, but what can ya do, honestly. I refuse to wait any longer than I have to, and it's increasingly looking like I'll have to wait till next week.

On the bright side, Tearaway has shipped.

kennah

That Walmart 3ds is midnight tonight right? I might go try to grab one. Seems like an ok deal. No one tried to sell me theirs :(

Palehorse

Zelda has been charged to the CC but no shipping info yet. This is classic FS in my neck of the woods. (Victoria) I'll get the shipping notice later today/tonight and it will show up in the mail tomorrow.

Or at least it had better...or I'll get even more impotently mad!

Top Bottom