• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Haines

Banned
Ah I understand. I think we'll get there eventually. Where the experience can move from one screen to another. Mobile hardware is pretty capable as it is now. And things like offscreen play, second screen capability is great.

What if they had the ability to have the gameplay repeated on another TV. You turn on your console in living room, but have the gameplay show in your bedroom and the console is on in living room, but picks up your controller movements, no lag etc.

Vita TV does that for your PS4.

Anyone know of any deals on ps4 games? probably just wishful thinking at this point...

Killzone was $39 at Amazon.ca only showed up in checkout, not sure if it's still good!
Knack for $40 using a printed coupon at EB, you can find the coupon like 10-15 pages back in this thread :D
TRU have this 10% off when you buy any two games and 15% off when you buy three!
SDM have a bonus points event this weekend if you can find PS4 games you can get some good extra points worth like $25!
That's about it as far as I remember!

Has anyone seen Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God up for pre-order yet? Amazon.ca has the Limited and Regular editions listed as "currently unavailable." Aside from that, I can't find it anywhere.

I ended up ordering this from amazon.com after waiting forever for it to show up from any online Canadian retailer. I got burned on my Hometown story preorder directly from Amazon and haven't seen this game anywhere else aside from vgp so I figured I would just go ahead and get it from the US site.

jcutner

I have a strong feeling that FS/BB is going to fuck up shipping again. Maybe it's too early?

I have Forza LE pre-ordered from BB - hasn't been charged yet.
My friend has the Xbone pre-ordered from FS - hasn't been charged yet either.

Location - downtown Toronto

I have a strong feeling that FS/BB is going to fuck up shipping again. Maybe it's too early?

Being on Wednesday and no charge even on the order page is not a good indication indeed!
Last week by Monday most people were charged for their PS4s!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Woke up today to be greeting with an email from Bestbuy.ca.

"Below you will find a list of the item(s) that are now en route to you as well as tracking information."

So excited!

Hmm. I had my Xbone Charged to me on Monday. In Toronto as well.

It hasn't shipped yet.

Haines

Banned
Was 3D World on the E3 Futureshop promo??

I ordered a ton of games and there was no way Id miss that one if it was there, but when I look at my account it isnt there.

Anyone have it on their list?

Dazzler

I ordered a ton of games and there was no way Id miss that one if it was there, but when I look at my account it isnt there.

I got it as part of the E3 promo

Also got Zelda, meaning I should have both for the princely sum of $70 this Friday

frequency

I have it on my list and have been eagerly awaiting a charge.

They charged and shipped Tearaway already (also Nov 22 release) but not Mario and Zelda. I guess I won't be getting those for Friday. I am sad.

zroid

Banned
They charged and shipped Tearaway already (also Nov 22 release) but not Mario and Zelda. I guess I won't be getting those for Friday. I am sad.

bah, my Tearaway's charged but still not shipped! Hope that happens by tonight. Would love to get it tomorrow so I can devote some time to it before the Mario/Zelda bombs drop on Friday

Haines

Banned
I got it as part of the E3 promo

Also got Zelda, meaning I should have both for the princely sum of $70 this Friday

I figured it out.

Mario was originally coming out December so I kept if off the list so my fiances mother could get it for us for Xmas.

Than the release date was changed...to November. CRAP.

Is there any sort of deals/promos for this game going on? This sucks.

Anth0ny

Definitely, have it pre-ordered and waiting on a shipment/cc charge.

But SDM has it for $249 and 18500 bonus points with purchase, on top of the base points.

Hmm, from what I understand, the discounted items are only for Saturday-Sunday (the RFD link says "these deals are for Saturday and Sunday ONLY") while the bonus point offer is for Monday-Wednesday according to the scan there. It doesn't seem like the two offers are compatible unfortunately.

Also anywhere selling Vita's for 150$?

Um, eBay on Black Friday apparently...? http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/11/19/ebay-black-friday-deals-announced-vita-to-be-150/63054/

I have no idea how that works. Does eBay itself sell new items now?

Well, looks like I'll have pretty much nothing to play on my new XBone on Friday. No shipping notices from Futureshop on Day One editions of any games yet. Since they decided to wait until midnight last day to finally ship my PS4, I'm assuming they'll do the same here.

amrod

@FS_Gamer will you actually ship my xbox one so it'll arrive on launch day?

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 5m
@amrod_69 Shipments are timed to arrive on Day 1 based on where you live. There are outside factors that could delay, like weather/location

The exact same reply when I asked about my ps4 lol

@amrod_69 Shipments are timed to arrive on Day 1 based on where you live. There are outside factors that could delay, like weather/location

Well hopefully you actually get it. I preordered my PS4 back in June from Future Shop. They shipped it via express shipping and its been sitting in the Canada Post facility since Friday. The package has been on hold since the 15th, with no signs of delivery. Their excuse? Staffing shortage. Also, I live in Edmonton, so i'm sure there would have been other staff that could have made a delivery.

"We ship based on your location but maybe you won't get it because of outside factor like your location!" ok… Do they mean like if I live in a tree in the middle of a forest or…?

I guess that they mean that for most locations, Canada Post can tell exactly how long they need to get there and it's pretty steady, while for some zone Canada Post cannot be consistent on how long they take to get there. In that case they could send it a day earlier to be sure, but they take the risk that some people will receive it before the release date.
However, it happened with the PS4, don't think that FS and BB got in trouble for it.

Oh well, we need to remember that FS made most of us save so much money in the past few years, they are still my go-to store for video games even if I did not receive my PS4 for the week-end of it's release. But yes, shipping is their bad side. Wow, wrote way more than I wanted to.

jcutner

@fs_gamer are you going to wait until friday at 1:30am to ship the xbox one to toronto again, like you did for the ps4? #learntoship

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 27m
@jcutner Shipments are done depending on where you live. They're sent in advance to arrive on Day One. Shipping center might be near you?

Strange, when I spoke with the c**t service rep last week about when my PS4 would ship, she very cheekily answered my question with a question, “When is it scheduled to be released?”. I told her that reliable sources had mentioned that Futureshop was trying to get their PS4’s to them by launch day, she replied, “Anyone can say anything on the internet.”.I should mention that I was quite polite up until this point.

I spoke with her supervisor who was quite polite and apologetic and said that he would definitely talk to her regarding her professionalism and attitude. Although I’m sure they were high-fiving each other after my call, it was nice to at least have someone acknowledge the crappy situation with their shipping.

Long story short – don’t bother calling FS or BB customer service. They don’t have a clue at what’s happening with shipping. Just expect your Day One Edition console orders by next Monday at the earliest.

Thanks for the heads up. Was going to get one eventually but I can't see it getting any cheaper than this. It's such a fantastic controller. Ordered!

You know, I realize that amazon.ca really drops the ball when it comes to game related launch day delivery but I have to say that I'm really happy with their Prime service otherwise. The above order that I placed yesterday is already shipped from Ontario to me here in Calgary and is currently out for delivery. This is the second time this month that they have sent something to me a day before it was due.

Thankfully they use UPS instead of CP.

UPS is faster, but it can be way harder to get your package if you miss it. I don't even think I have a way to get to the UPS warehouse thing if miss a package! Might be just a problem in my city, though.

Yes, I guess I'm fortunate as I have all my items shipped to my work (there's always someone there). It's also only a few blocks from where I live.

Still though, my girlfriend routinely has things from amazon left at the door for her. I don't know if this varies depending on your outlet.

Yawnier

Banned
Random thought but I'm surprised there are still no BF flyers released or leaked for any Canadian stores considering its only a little over a week away.....

Thinking about getting a Wii U from Shoppers.

$250 this weekend.
18,500 bonus points if you spend $75+ (worth $25 normally, about $40 during mega redemption if you hit 95k)

So I was thinking about doing this:
1. Buy Wii U: $280 after tax
2. Redeem 95,000 points for $170 off. 280 - 170 - 110.
3. How do the remaining points work? It's pre-tax total so I don't get $110 worth of points... $80 then since tax on $250 is $30? Either way I get 18,500 points plus whatever.
4. Total is $110 plus points equaling $25-40; net cost under $100.

Hmm actually it would be better next weekend with the mega redemption and assuming you have a 30% off coupon from the mail:
1. $300 - 30% = $210. $210+tax = $235.
2. Redeem 95,000 points for $210 off. 235 - 210 = $25.

Basically the $50 discount this weekend mitigates the extra $40 from the mega redemption, but the 30% off coupon makes the latter deal way better. And I believe the coupon only works on regular priced items.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Best Buy.

VzGrbxj.jpg

†Online promo code instructions:
1. Go to checkout page, at payment step.
2. Click on Promotional Code.
3. Enter the promotional code and click Apply.
4. Click on Reward Zone and enter your Reward Zone Member ID. Your Member ID can be found at the top of the email.
5. Proceed to checkout.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/xbox-one-games/35511.aspx?CMP=RZ-rz-131119-xbox

zroid

Banned
Hmm actually it would be better next weekend with the mega redemption and assuming you have a 30% off coupon from the mail:
1. $300 - 30% = $210. $210+tax = $235.
2. Redeem 95,000 points for $210 off. 235 - 210 = $25.

WTF, there's a Mega Redemption AND a 30% off coupon? SHITE I NEED TO GET A PS4

Where does one get these coupons? Should I be expecting one in the mail?

Top Bottom