• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

kennah

For those looking. My Superstore has a few Playstation Cameras so might be worth looking there.

Lots of NFS Rivals as well.

For those looking. My Superstore has a few Playstation Cameras so might be worth looking there.

Lots of NFS Rivals as well.

What?! Is the camera sold out?
Good for Sony though :)

NFS Rivals is pretty good, I just added everyone on Canada Gaf PSN list who's getting NFS cause it's much better with friends!
Regarding NFS Rivals they just released NFS Network iOS app today, using that you can do lots of stuff, you can even interact with your friends' who're playing by helping them with boost and repairs or the other way blocking them with road blocks and stuff like that!

Tapejara

Has anyone seen Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God up for pre-order yet? Amazon.ca has the Limited and Regular editions listed as "currently unavailable." Aside from that, I can't find it anywhere.

khaaan

The SDM one is the Nintendoland bundle, I think.

But if I go into a SDM right now, that bundle is currently $250? It's pretty tempting, the other thing I'm wondering is if SPC cards work on large purchases. The SPC card works with The Source and it says 10% off any purchase so if they allow it you could technically get a WiiU for $30 off.

Lexxism

But if I go into a SDM right now, that bundle is currently $250? It's pretty tempting, the other thing I'm wondering is if SPC cards work on large purchases. The SPC card works with The Source and it says 10% off any purchase so if they allow it you could technically get a WiiU for $30 off.

No. That $250 WiiU will be on sale this coming Friday.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL BESTBUY YOU ARE A JOKE.

Okay, storytime.

I wanted a PS4. No preorder. Didnt wanna get up super early and/or midnight and wait in line. Right after midnight on Thursday/Friday, bestbuy had a few ps4's up for order online, so i jumped on it. Then their entire system crashed on the weekend, leaving me not knowing if my purchase actually happened. When I checked on friday it said my card had been charged, but it hadnt shown up on my actual visa online yet.

I called on Sunday and the person on the phone said that the purchase of the ps4 had been cancelled - they told me it was out of stock. Fair enough I guess, i was sad, but luckily a gaffer came through and i bought it off him for at-cost and have been enjoying it ever since.

Today I received both a) a shipping notice by email and b) THE ACTUAL CONSOLE FROM CANADA POST.

fucking hell best buy. Now i have 2 PS4's. lol.

Unless another fellow Lower mainland Gaffer wants it, I'll be returning this one unopened to bestbuy.

............. Wait, do these retailers register the console with them? I know the gaffer i bought mine off got his from futureshop, so could I return this console to futureshop under his name and keep mine and pretend it's bestbuy's console, to avoid potential warranty confusion with having to get back in touch with the other gaffer?

... In other words.

Console A: purchased from future shop, opened at my place, receipt with other gaffer
Console B: purchased from best buy, unopened, receipt with me

Can I return Console B at future shop with the FS receipt, and if console A breaks claim warranty from Best Buy? Or will they be able to tell the difference by actual hardware code?

Unless a fellow gaffer buys it, in which case we'll be in a whole other triangle of warranty problems.

TL;DR: LOL BESTBUY, I have 2 PS4's, pm me if you want one, does bb/fs register hardware codes or are receipts enough for warranty?

Smiley90

You should probably just return the BB one and ask for the receipt from the gaffer.

He ordered his online so he doesnt have one exactly. He bought his second one in person though, so he has that.... Which brings us back to the question, do fs/bb. Link the receipt and the console, or as long as you got both you're good?

-Deimos

Well, the receipt does probably have the serial on it somewhere but I doubt they'll check. To be safe, assume they do and try to get a matching receipt/console pair. The online order should have an invoice, ask for that.

kennah

I'm looking for a cheap shitty condition 3DS if anyone has one they aren't using. Colour and size don't matter as long as it works. Going on tour so want to check it out.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm looking for a cheap shitty condition 3DS if anyone has one they aren't using. Colour and size don't matter as long as it works. Going on tour so want to check it out.

If you want an XL I'm considering selling mine to get the Zelda edition. Although if you really want one cheap, I'm sure you can find someone willing to sell an OG one for $50-$75

Madness

They check the serial number of the console to see if it matches the one on your receipt. So you wouldn't be able to say this is the same console you bought, unless you do some 'sticker switcharoo' or get an employee who doesn't bother to check.

I know they used to do it back during the Xbox 360 launch times, ds lite etc. Especially since a lot of people started to put like hacked consoles or repaired consoles back in boxes and take out new ones.

Smiley90

They check the serial number of the console to see if it matches the one on your receipt. So you wouldn't be able to say this is the same console you bought, unless you do some 'sticker switcharoo' or get an employee who doesn't bother to check.

I know they used to do it back during the Xbox 360 launch times, ds lite etc. Especially since a lot of people started to put like hacked consoles or repaired consoles back in boxes and take out new ones.

Ah fair enough.

Well, if anyone wants a ps4 for 450 let me know, otherwise I'll be returning it to bb this weekend.

Top Bottom