• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

frequency

Just picked up the Ratchet & Clank collection at Walmart for $15. The price in store was $30, but it's $15 on their website, so they changed the price for me.

Hm, I've never pre-ordered anything online before, but you would think my Zelda pre-order from best buy would have updated by now. It just says in progress and my credit card hasn't been charged yet. I guess I'm not the only one. If it wasn't for the treasure chest, I would just cancel it, and buy the game in store.

Mine still hasn't charged either.
I cancelled my FS -33% order for BB to get the chest.

But my Mario from FutureShop hasn't charged either :(

Yeah. That's the best option. You can get the WiiU for $240 + 18500 points which you can get as much as $40(?) in mega redemption day. That's like $200 anyway.

Guys. As I said a couple pages back, if the info posted at that RFD link is correct, the sale on the Wii U is Saturday-Sunday only, while the 18500 points deal is Monday-Wednesday. You can't combine the two since they don't overlap, if I understand correctly.

Yeah. Just find a WiiU in SDM and use the 20% off coupon. It's still a much better deal than the $250 Nintendo Land bundle.

Unless you have a 30% coupon to use with the 18,500 promo (or the mega redemption) getting 20% off on Friday is your best bet.

If you redeem 95k at the same time is it 20% off $130 or 20% off $300?

iphys

Hmm, maybe I should consider myself lucky that I have a 18500 bonus point coupon I was mailed that I could use for the electronics sale.

Chatin

I hope all this XBONE shipping doesn't get in the way of Zelda/Mario/MarioParty making it to me on Friday. I haven't gotten shipment notices yet.

Yep like I thought :(

My expected delivery date is Nov 25, even though Canada Post picked it up at 2pm today..

ughhh

This is not what I want to hear! I paid for expedited shipping...and I STILL do not have any tracking information. If I still don't have tracking when I wake up tomorrow, heads will roll...

brarstar

Neo Member
This is not what I want to hear! I paid for expedited shipping...and I STILL do not have any tracking information. If I still don't have tracking when I wake up tomorrow, heads will roll...

I do live in a small town which is about 5 hours from Richmond, BC.

But usually 2 days is enough to get it here, maybe CP will update in the morning with a sooner delivery date.

I do live in a small town which is about 5 hours from Richmond, BC.

But usually 2 days is enough to get it here, maybe CP will update in the morning with a sooner delivery date.

Ah well good to know. I believe their main warehouse is in the next city from my home, so my fingers are crossed for a release date delivery.

Can someone list all the possible savings one could get at shop.ca?

With the problems I'm having contacting someone there, I can't really recommend them to anyone...

3D World still shows no sign of charging or shipping. Might just call them up and cancel tomorrow and buy it at work on Friday. Don't know why I keep ordering with FS for things I want on release...

DJ_Lae

So GAF, when do the big sales start generally in Canada? Do we technically have a Black Friday of our own?

There have been a few (weak) Black Friday sales the past couple of years, though Cyber Monday seems to get more attention from retailers.

I do enjoy boxing day, myself, though I'm usually too lazy to bother going to any stores, I just amuse myself by watching Future Shop's site crash when the sale begins.

There have been a few (weak) Black Friday sales the past couple of years, though Cyber Monday seems to get more attention from retailers.

I do enjoy boxing day, myself, though I'm usually too lazy to bother going to any stores, I just amuse myself by watching Future Shop's site crash when the sale begins.

Forgot about Cyber Monday! I remember FS and BB having some pretty okay deals last year for it.

Boxing Day basically replaces it for us, but working in retail I have heard rumblings of a few major retailers offering some deeper discounts than normal this year so we'll see what happens.

When I was picking up some games at best buy I asked about black friday and the guy mentioned that head office was really pushing it this year so maybe there'll be some better sales this year

ohlawd

nice timing about the black friday stuff. I was at Metrotown earlier and I saw one of them ads and it said first 25 or something gets a 500 dollar black friday shopping spree on the 29th

I was standing there going wtf we have black friday now? I'm hoping for some good deals on old shit like GTAV from BB or whatever. And I freaking want a Vita pls discount gods, bless me with ur powarz

I know this will seem a little off topic in light of everyone focusing on X1's release. But has anyone received cash back from ebates.ca from the November 15 payout? I have over $100 coming in the February 15 payout for buying my PS4 from Shop.ca. I'm just really looking for the ease of mind that the money will come. Feeling confident the money will arrive will help me enjoy the deal I got on the PS4 :) I also really hope there's no delays with Shop.ca's next shipment of PS4's that are scheduled to ship out by December 9. I REALLY need it before Christmas, or else my Christmas will be ruined :)

veras

Amazon.ca has put my Xbox One into preparing for shipment - maybe they won't screw this up like the PS4 launch? (probably wishful thinking)

Edit: Nevermind, it's back to not yet shipped - Amazon toying with me

I know this will seem a little off topic in light of everyone focusing on X1's release. But has anyone received cash back from ebates.ca from the November 15 payout? I have over $100 coming in the February 15 payout for buying my PS4 from Shop.ca. I'm just really looking for the ease of mind that the money will come. Feeling confident the money will arrive will help me enjoy the deal I got on the PS4 :) I also really hope there's no delays with Shop.ca's next shipment of PS4's that are scheduled to ship out by December 9. I REALLY need it before Christmas, or else my Christmas will be ruined :)

I think you may find some people who are to be paid this month on RFD, pretty much everyone here should be paid in February!
A member here works for shop.ca and confirmed they are legit so hopefully it's gonna be ok cause that's the biggest motive for most console purchases made at shop.ca.

Big Chungus

I would never buy electronics at Shoppers, you cant exchange or return anything defective, they just tell you to contact the manufacturer.

Smo21

Anyone know a place where I can get a ps4 in the GTA? I had one lined up at ebgames but I called and they said they can't sell it now it goes to pre orders.

Guesong

1?! Wow seems low. I called best buy last week and they said they'd have around 100.

Giveaway, not units to sale :p.

Hmm. I'm not working tommorow so I could get up early to be in line and have a chance to win an Xbone...but I'm afraid me being there would see me fall to the hype and buy one if I don't "win it". Should I risk it...

jet1911

Giveaway, not units to sale :p.

Hmm. I'm not working tommorow so I could get up early to be in line and have a chance to win an Xbone...but I'm afraid me being there would see me fall to the hype and buy one if I don't "win it". Should I risk it...

I'll probably do that but if I don't win it's ok because I don't have the money to buy one anyway. :p

Greyvvolf

I just checked my credit card and I was charged for my XBOX ONE and on Amazon.ca it says "Preparing Shipment". Hopefully it gets shipped today.

got an email from sony style asking to do a survey on my experience ordering a ps4 from them. if you complete the survey you'll get a code emailed to you for $25 off any purchase over $100. good way to get the taxes off plus a bit more if you want to grab a second ds4, pseye, or something else

jcutner

Tracking code up for the xbone from Future Shop
Shipping to Toronto

Controller (from fs) hasn't shipped, nor Forza (from best buy, hasn't been charged either)

iphys

I would never buy electronics at Shoppers, you cant exchange or return anything defective, they just tell you to contact the manufacturer.

It depends on the individual store. One of the ones near me actually has a sign that says they'll accept returns on electronics for 30 days.

FS has charged for my Zelda game, but BB hasn't charged for my Zelda XL yet.

Top Bottom