• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

What are the chances I can step into a Gamestop/EB Games come Friday evening and a copy of Last of Us will still be available for me to purchase?

There should be tons of copies around. If not at EB/Gamestop, there are other options like Walmart, FutureShop and Best Buy.

Unless, you want to get in on that EB deal where you pay $1 for each day for the game until you trade in like one of the member mentioned in the last page.

snack

There should be tons of copies around. If not at EB/Gamestop, there are other options like Walmart, FutureShop and Best Buy.

Unless, you want to get in on that EB deal where you pay $1 for each day for the game until you trade in like one of the member mentioned in the last page.

Yeah, I wanna do that deal.

MDSLKTR

So I preordered a batch of my first next-gen games: killzone SF, battlefield and watch dogs. What a good feeling :') Will probably get a day1 copy of KZ and return the futureshop copy if I don't have it by then, I need KZ it to be my first taste of the ps4 lol.
And another batch of vita games, I need more physical copies.

xanavi

I'm annoyed that a bunch of games that are multi-platform are only available for one of the consoles. Does anyone have FF Versus 13 pre-ordered from previous years? I'm curious if it's still in their system somewhere.

Quick

Banned
I haven't even pre-ordered any games for the PS4 yet. I figured I'd keep it to one game, then go from there. Or I download it off PSN if it's made available there.

I'm leaning towards Watch Dogs.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I shouldn't expect anything, but do those pre-orders include the potential pre-order bonuses? Like the Dragon Crown and Kingdom Hearts HD artbooks?

amrod

Pre-ordered lots, if all else fails and a game gets a poor review or I dont think I'll play it, I can
return it locally for free (or ebay it)

Batman: Arkham Origins (PlayStation Vita) 1 $26.66
Tearaway (PlayStation Vita) 1 $26.66

Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $26.66
Yoshi's Island (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $26.66
Smash Brothers (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $26.66
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $39.99
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $26.66

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PlayStation 3) 1 $26.66
Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster (PlayStation 3) 1 $26.66
Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition (PlayStation 3) 1 $39.99

Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
Mario Kart U (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
Yoshi's Land (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
Mario 3D (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
Super Luigi U (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $19.99
Donkey Kong Country Trop Freeze (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
Super Mario 3d World (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99
Wonderful 101 (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $39.99

Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition 1 $39.99
Ryse Son of Rome (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition 1 $39.99
Quantum Break (Xbox One) 1 $39.99
Forza 5 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition 1 $39.99
Titanfall (Xbox One) 1 $39.99
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One) 1 $39.99
Destiny (Xbox One) 1 $39.99
Halo (Xbox One) 1 $39.99
Crimson Dragon (Xbox One) 1 $39.99

Killzone Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
inFamous Second Son (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Knack (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Batman Arkham Origins (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Battlefield 4 (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Mirros Edge 2 (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
The Crew (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Tom Clancys The Division (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Destiny (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Need For Speed Rivals (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Driveclub (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Rayman Legends (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
South Park The Stick Of Truth (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Call Of Duty: Ghosts (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Metal Gear Solid V (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99

xanavi

I shouldn't expect anything, but do those pre-orders include the potential pre-order bonuses? Like the Dragon Crown and Kingdom Hearts HD artbooks?

The artbooks is a "while quantities last" sort of thing. When I got my dark souls and halo 4 pre-orders from previous years I got all of the associated pre-order bonuses.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Yeah, The Last Of Us seems to be sold out.

Either that or they just stopped the pre orders because they're starting to ship out to people already.

Yeah.. I'm in the same boat. That's pretty frustrating for me since I was waiting for PS4 games to update with the deal and in store pick up is not an option for me. Plus, I'd obviously like to save a few bucks. However, I sent them an email early this morning and haven't heard anything back yet.

Smo21

Yeah.. I'm in the same boat. That's pretty frustrating for me since I was waiting for PS4 games to update with the deal and in store pick up is not an option for me. Plus, I'd obviously like to save a few bucks. However, I sent them an email early this morning and haven't heard anything back yet.

Exact same thing happened to me. Kinda pissed but it's my fault

Cactus

Banned
Total count: 15

I might add another order if Evil Within/MGS/FF get added to their database for PS4. The great thing about this deal is that it requires no obligations from the buyer up until the release date(s).

Dazzler

Pre-ordered:

Super Mario 3D World
GTA V
COD Ghosts

Bravely Default
Zelda 3DS
Pokemon X

Not nearly as big a haul as others, but I'm happy with it

L Thammy

My credit card's going to expire at the end of this month. Is it going to be a problem if I order these games on that card?

Also, how do I check which games are eligible for the E3 preorder deal?

krae_man

My credit card's going to expire at the end of this month. Is it going to be a problem if I order these games on that card?

Also, how do I check which games are eligible for the E3 preorder deal?

Each game that qualifies says so on it's product page. For EXP problems, just change the EXP year to 2016, that should work.

Mupod

This deal is feeling quite expensive but I would've bought all this stuff anyways - seems like one of the few ways to actually get discounts on Nintendo titles.

Preordered Wonderful 101, Fire Emblem x SMT and Mario Kart 'cause bayonetta 2 wasn't up yesterday. I see it and Smash are now so I might put in another round of 3 preorders along with X. Can always change my mind in the year between now and then.

Also finally decided to get a PS3 so preordered Last of Us, Dragon's Crown and MGS Legacy...along with a PS3 over at best buy. Neither TLOU or my PS3 have shipped yet but hoping they get here by Friday. Future shop has typically sent all my preorders a day early but I was super late to the party this time.

Edit: TLOU was periodically selling out yesterday. Just wait and it might go back up.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Still waiting for a Futureshop Final Fantasy XV PS4 pre-order.

My second list would be FFXV, Pokémon X, Zeruda 3DS.

I'm not going to get TLOU until GOTY, which will have all the dlc, if critics are raving about it, it's a given.

Preordered a PS4 at the Queen/Spadina EB. Told me I was about 20th in line and would definitely have one on day one.

Gonna preorder a bunch of shit from Futureshop for the 33% discount but I doubt I'll end up buying half of them in the end. Wish I knew what the official launch titles were.

Well, so far this is my list - although I may bite on a few Wii U titles as well Driveclub once / if it shows up.

Destiny (PlayStation 4)
Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt (PlayStation 4)
Mirros Edge 2 (PlayStation 4)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PlayStation 4)
inFamous Second Son (PlayStation 4)
Killzone Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)

Thief (PlayStation 4)
D4 (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)

Ryse Son of Rome (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition1
Halo (Xbox One)
Battlefield 4 (Xbox One)

Titanfall (Xbox One)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Crimson Dragon (Xbox One)

Forza 5 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition
Call Of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One)
Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition

Watch Dogs (PlayStation 4)
Need For Speed Rivals (PlayStation 4)
Starwars Battlefront (PlayStation 4) - they didn't have a listing for the Xbox One version

Wheeew! I need to take a breather after that!

I'll more than likely hold off on MGS5 as I usually try to get Limited Edition versions of Kojima titles. I'll be getting it on PS4 though as I will for most offline, 3rd party titles.

[edit 3 more!]

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3d World (Nintendo Wii U)
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)

Giard

Is anybody else having problems with their orders? I'm trying to order 4 copies of Gran Turismo 6. Everything's okay during the checkout (80$ off), but when I check out my order on their website (My account/My orders), the price has gone back to normal.

At first I thought it was because I was ordering GTAV. They just changed it so that it doesn't work with this deal. However, it's still bugged.

I haven't been having any issues and I just put through an order for 3 Wii U games. I've been ordering in packs of 3 though (since that's the point that triggers the largest discount ) - not sure if that makes a difference.

krae_man

Is anybody else having problems with their orders? I'm trying to order 4 copies of Gran Turismo 6. Everything's okay during the checkout (80$ off), but when I check out my order on their website (My account/My orders), the price has gone back to normal.

At first I thought it was because I was ordering GTAV. They just changed it so that it doesn't work with this deal. However, it's still bugged.

That happened to me with Watch Dogs PS4, I just emptied my cart and tried again.

Giard

That happened to me with Watch Dogs PS4, I just emptied my cart and tried again.

I've cancelled and restarted the order 2 times already, to no success. The invoice I got by e-mail says $159, but the website says $243 for the same order number.

I just sent an e-mail to FS, hope it gets fixed soon.

krae_man

I've cancelled and restarted the order 2 times already, to no success. The invoice I got by e-mail says $159, but the website says $243 for the same order number.

I just sent an e-mail to FS, hope it gets fixed soon.

Is this what you were trying to do?:

suWZS2K.jpg

Seems to work fine for me.

Jessicat

Just a heads up for you guys, dunno if it was mentioned already but there are 2 listings for 3DS for "Smash Bros" and "Super Smash Bros" on the FS site.
I told FS on twitter and they got my message, but just incase this might be an issue for anyone's pre-orders, thought I'd pass the info on. I cancelled and redid one of my orders with the "Super Smash Bros" 3DS lisiting with the new logo just incase ^^;

Cudder

So Futureshop tweeted that The Last of Us is indeed sold out, and is not available anymore for the pre order deal. :(

Sucks so bad, as I had to wait for them to fix their error with the deal applying to certain PS4 games, and when they did TLOU was already sold out. Full price TLOU here I come. :(

Ugh! SO many already!!

Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Mario 3D World

Pokemon Y
Zelda 3DS
Batman 3DS

Yoshi New Island
Bravely Default
Mario and Luigi

Smash Bros 3DS
Smash Bros Wii U
Bayonetta 2

Yoshi Land Wii U
Donkey Kong Wii U
Sonic Lost Worlds Wii U

And Im still not sure what I want to preorder for next gen stuff. Do I just want to keep playing everything I can on PC? or should I get a bunch of PS4? What about Xbox One, the issues it has arent something that effects me as much as they suck for other people, so do I want to get one of those at launch too?

TOO MANY CHOICES!!

also, im bummed I missed out on Last of Us on FS, I could do it on BB and get points instead, but I hate points.

TheExodu5

Banned
What are the chances I can step into a Gamestop/EB Games come Friday evening and a copy of Last of Us will still be available for me to purchase?

Talking to the girl at EB she said it will likely be sold out. Apparently pre-orders weren't all that strong, but they started flooding in as soon as reviews came out so they will be understocked.

torontoml

Futureshop response regarding whether my ps4 preorder is launch day.

futureshop said:
We'll aim to deliver as close to launch day as possible. Distance, weather & shipping partners can all affect exact timing. Thx

MercuryLS

Banned
Preordered:

PS4

GTAV
Killzone: Shadow Fall
COD: Ghosts (sorry, still like the IW entries)
Infamous: Second Son
Watch_Dogs

Going to be an expensive year :(

Keyouta

So are you guys pre ordering in groups or just one group for all the games you're ordering? Also, yeah, sucks that TLOU isn't available now.

Noahd41

Neo Member
So Futureshop tweeted that The Last of Us is indeed sold out, and is not available anymore for the pre order deal. :(

Sucks so bad, as I had to wait for them to fix their error with the deal applying to certain PS4 games, and when they did TLOU was already sold out. Full price TLOU here I come. :(

Brutal. That's too bad they blew it on that one. I'll probably wait on the game until it's down in the 30 dollar range now.

Top Bottom