• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Canon

Banned
Police are tracking your ip as we speak.
j/k

They might check the serial on the receipt to see if it matches the console.
Someone just said that all games have the same bar code.

So yeah, I'm not waiting on a backorder that I ordered day one on the site.

zroid

Banned
I'm not sure how they handled the pre-orders, though.

life-sometimes.gif

I'm jelly

can I buy SM3D World tomorrow at gamestop or something, then next week return the unopened one I got from futureshop back to gamestop so I still get the game for $40?

would I be breaking any laws

Aww, you're cute. No,you won't be breaking any laws. I do this all the time when games ship late.

ohlawd

like others, BB shipped my Zelda and the treasure box.

I hope it doesn't come tomorrow. If it does, it means I have to waste an hour or two playing it when I could be using that valuable time playing 3D World.

balohna

3D WORLD SHIP GET.

I didn't do the E3 promo though, for me it was a Gamescom promo. If I'm getting it before people that ordered it from BB during an E3 promo, I am truly sorry for your lots.

can I buy SM3D World tomorrow at gamestop or something, then next week return the unopened one I got from futureshop back to gamestop so I still get the game for $40?

would I be breaking any laws

I do it all the time. It's legitimate. May do this myself.

Also, I received a tracking number for my Xbone this morning from FS but it hasn't updated at all. Canada Post still gives me that no tracking number exists bullshit. Making me a little nervous.

Zing

Banned
My local Microplay had a stack of Mario 3D World. They wouldn't sell one to me. Their loss, as I will just buy it somewhere else in the morning. Probably Futureshop to use my $60 gift card.

balohna

My local Microplay had a stack of Mario 3D World. They wouldn't sell one to me. Their loss, as I will just buy it somewhere else in the morning. Probably Futureshop to use my $60 gift card.

Your $60 wouldn't soothe the pain if Nintendo found out and stopped shipping to them.

Actually, Nintendo would probably be hesitant to stop a store from selling Wii U stuff...

-Deimos

Uh, so I just got my cashback from ebates deposited into paypal today which is weird because that's supposed to happen in February. Can't complain, though.

KJA

Just got off the phone with FutureShop. Seems that those of us who have not received confirmation for Mario have been placed on backorder!

I filed a complaint asking them to explain to me why I was on backorder when I placed the order on the first day it was available from them, while other people I know who placed orders within the past two weeks have received confirmation.

Man, fuck this shit.

I knew something was up. I guess I'll try my luck at Best Buy this weekend to pick up a copy (and use those useless RZ coupons that still I have).

Ramblin

Banned
I guess that might be surprising, and this is coming from someone that has primarily been a one console guy and after dreamcast that console was xbox and son, but when you charge more for a console that doesn't perform as well, and you do it a week later, I'm not surprised. Except that there aren't more ebayers. And as much as I don't want to spend more, as much as I am annoyed by the demonstrations of kinect, I am faintly hoping I will find one before christmas..,..although I'm hoping more that I won't so I won't be tempted.

Dunlop

Uh, so I just got my cashback from ebates deposited into paypal today which is weird because that's supposed to happen in February. Can't complain, though.

nice!

Just checked and no luck for me

That shop.ca/ebates special was awesome but I know find myself with

COD
BF4
AC4
extra DS4 ($20 off at Amazon)
...and no console for another couple of weeks lol

anyone know if FS still has the trade in PS4 game for $40? I have way too many FPS's (by bundle comes with KZ also) and might just trade in 2 and get Marvel Lego or something else

Zing

Banned
No scalpers for the Xbox, maybe that is the difference?

I'm hoping for Xbox to have a terrible first day of sales… just so I can walk into Futureshop and buy 3D World at 10am with no delays.

Ondore

Just got off the phone with FutureShop. Seems that those of us who have not received confirmation for Mario have been placed on backorder!

I filed a complaint asking them to explain to me why I was on backorder when I placed the order on the first day it was available from them, while other people I know who placed orders within the past two weeks have received confirmation.

You... have GOT to be kidding me. This is going to hold up my Zelda too, since they're on the same shipment!

Chatin

Got Zelda and Mario both coming, finally. Guess I have to hope for Monday. Glad I seemed to dodge this backorder issue.

Tons of people in line at Futureshop in downtown Edmonton for the Xbone launch. I haven't been following, so I'm not aware if there is a midnight launch or not. Do they really need to be lined up so early? Are Xbone preorders not all covered?

Tabris

Apparently there's a decent line at Granville and Robson Futureshop in Vancouver? I'm wondering whether I go there at midnight (have to work tomorrow, don't have time or energy to line up) or just pick up from London Drugs below me.

Tabris

Anyone going to line up in Vancouver Futureshop?

EDIT - Called FS, 20 people lined up, and apparently they didn't get much stock, a fraction of what they were expecting.

Cactus

Banned
You... have GOT to be kidding me. This is going to hold up my Zelda too, since they're on the same shipment!
Same with me. I don't mind waiting the extra few days, but I don't understand why some people who ordered after I did (my cousin, for example), already received their shipment confirmation.

Xpite

Neo Member
<----

Not only I never get them on the release date, but now they backorder me? Never again, FS.

Mine always come in days after release date too (Ottawa). First time preordering with FS cause of the e3 deal, and definitely not doing it again in the future. I thought the whole point of preordering was so that you were guaranteed to play the game on release.

Top Bottom