• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Is there different packaging of XB1s? I saw people holding green boxes and others black boxes.

Day 1 Edition of the Xbox One is Black in color.

Regular Edition of the Xbox One is Green in color.

The difference, apart from the colored packaging is nothing except that the controller you get with the console has Day 1 written on it.

Sajjaja

Day 1 Edition of the Xbox One is Black in color.

Regular Edition of the Xbox One is Green in color.

The difference, apart from the colored packaging is nothing except that the controller you get with the console has Day 1 written on it.

I think you get a Day One achievement of some sort as well.

big_z

I think you get a Day One achievement of some sort as well.

-exclusive engraved controller with chrome d-pad.
-some exclusive dlc stuff like shadow jago.
-day one achievement

there might be other stuff but im not sure. I think Microsoft stores were including 12months gold with some orders.

iphys

Got the Zelda XL for $199 at Walmart!

Lol, at the XBone launch. I got to the store like 4 minutes before opening, and there were only 6 people waiting for all of today's gaming goodness. The cardboard boxes with the games were actually marked "XBone."

Lol, at the XBone launch. I got to the store like 4 minutes before opening, and there were only 6 people waiting for all of today's gaming goodness. The cardboard boxes with the games were actually marked "XBone."

Congrats :)
I finally made it and held myself of buying something that's tempting but I don't really need lol

The FS across from the hotel I work at had at least 40 people last night maybe more, it looked like some were inside too.

Oddly enough there was only 5-10 outside for the ps4 launch last week.

Best Buy what the hell. I have 2 Xbox's pre ordered (one for me, one for my brother). Ordered 1 day apart to the same address. The xbox that was ordered last will be delivered today whereas the first one ordered is next week. Weird.

EB gave my brother some sort of fast pass.

There's no give. They actively try to upsell you the fastpass ($15/year) to leave the main line, but if there is nobody to fastpass then the counter just serves everyone else.

It's in the collective interest of the line not to fastpass , but if you can stomach the price plenty of people would skip the line despite how badly it slows down the main line. Basically a form of the Prisoner's Dilemma.

So I just checked the tracking number and...

....STILL expected delivery of Monday the 25th!??!

Oh common! I even paid for expedited shipping! What the hell is the point of paying for rush shipping if you are not going to receive the goods on time!??

Called Canada Post, and it's because they received the pallets from Best Buy just after midnight.

FUCK!

I'm NEVER pre-ordering consoles online ever again! Brick and mortar or bust...

So then... What's my odds of it actually updating at random that it's going out today? I never ran into such problems, but I think there might have been people who have on here...

Omlagus

These Friday release dates really mess everything up it seems.

My Tearaway shipped yesterday, but seemingly I won't be getting it until Monday, at least according to tracking despite being in a 1 day ship zone (Vaughan).

I can't help but think if this were a regular Tuesday release I would actually have it on release day. :|

veras

Coming up on 24 hours of Amazon.ca having my Xbox One stuck on "Shipping Now" - is this happening to anyone else or is it me specifically?

So I just checked the tracking number and...

....STILL expected delivery of Monday the 25th!??!

Oh common! I even paid for expedited shipping! What the hell is the point of paying for rush shipping if you are not going to receive the goods on time!??

Called Canada Post, and it's because they received the pallets from Best Buy just after midnight.

FUCK!

I'm NEVER pre-ordering consoles online ever again! Brick and mortar or bust...

So then... What's my odds of it actually updating at random that it's going out today? I never ran into such problems, but I think there might have been people who have on here...

Mine said the 22nd yesterday and switched to the 25th just after midnight. At 6:30 am it said it was at the local delivery facility but it was still showing a delivery date of the 25th. The next step usually is Out for Delivery so I'm hoping that it switches back.

My Mario 3D World and Zelda haven't even shipped. :(

Zing

Banned
Great. I'll check if my EB next to FS is opening early as well. I want to do a trade in for Batman Origins while I am out.

zroid

Banned
Dear Best Buy Markville: eat a poop

> person asks me if I'm here to buy an XB1

>> I reply "no, I'm here for the new Mario game on wii u"

> they point me to the shelf with a bunch of NSMBU copies

>> I just look around for it, assuming it's in the wii u aisle or locked in the new game cabinet

>> can't find it so I go back to the same guy and tell him I'm actually looking for Super Mario 3D World; he has no idea what I'm talking about. So I point at the big Super Mario 3D World advertisement posted in the store, right in front of him.

> the guy asks someone to go look for it in the back

>> waiting 10 minutes...

> finally someone comes up to me and says "This game actually launches on December 31"

>> Dumbstruck, I insist it's today (along with Zelda), so he goes back

> yet another 5 minutes later, someone comes back with the game

I waited long enough for them to go through the entire lineup of people waiting to buy a XB1 (like 10 or so)

Guesong

So I went to the FutureShop at Centre Laval. I was #31 in line, out of like...46 people.

And sure enough, #44 wins the raffle. The guy literally got there 5 minutes earlier. Lucky him.

I knew I should have took my time to eat! Lesson learned : breakfast truely is the most important meal of the day.

Oh well. Had a chat with nice people, resisted temptation, and got out with SM3DW, amidst dumbfounded looks of FS employees.

Zing

Banned
Bah, my futureshop didn't get and 3D World since they are closing down Sunday. Also, the EB isn't open yet!

FS said they had 15 people in line for Xbox One. It's dead there now.

Edit: Best Buy down the street had Mario, and a stack of Xbox systems.

beta_fuse

I guess I'm in the same boat as those who got screwed in ordering SM3DW during the E3 deal. I didn't get charged yet and just checked my order status and it says it is Out of Stock. No biggie though, I guess I'll buy the game today and return this copy when I get it.

Also on a side note, I've been looking forever for good deals on Wii U Pro Controllers only to finally check Ebay and realize they are selling for roughly half of retail value. You guys should check it out if you haven't already:)

Savitar

Greatness has arrived...though a tad late.

For a moment there thought I had a defective PS4 but it was that damn metal tab on the HDMI slot that was the issue.

Almost had me in a panic especially after waiting so long.

Mine said the 22nd yesterday and switched to the 25th just after midnight. At 6:30 am it said it was at the local delivery facility but it was still showing a delivery date of the 25th. The next step usually is Out for Delivery so I'm hoping that it switches back.

I just checked my tracking, and it's stating the same thing as you, and that the next step is the "out for delivery" update (which could happen today or tomorrow).

Why play with my emotions like this Canada Post? WHY!??

Fingers crossed for the both of us...

Also on a side note, I've been looking forever for good deals on Wii U Pro Controllers only to finally check Ebay and realize they are selling for roughly half of retail value. You guys should check it out if you haven't already:)

I'd be warry of cheap controllers on eBay, you'll usually run into chinese reproduction controllers of varrying quality.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My Mario STILL hasn't been shipped... What the hell?! I wrote to ask them what is going on. The game is released today, and it's not like it's an obscure dating-rpg by Xseed... Anybody else in my situation?

How did you get it for $200?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I picked up A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario 3D World today. Good job Nintendo. $110 gone, but so worth it.

NolbertoS

Anybody get there Zelda game from BB with chestbox?? I can't look it up in my order. Stupid BB.ca won't let me check, due to incompatibility issues with BB.com. It let me buy using my BB.com account but won't let me log :|. I ordered both the Zelda game and 3DS XL. Hopefully it arrives soon

canonj

My Future Shop Zelda order is out for delivery, so it'll arrive today, but Mario still has not shipped (but my credit card has been charged). I'm fine with just receiving Zelda today, and I'll probably pick up Mario over the weekend and return the second copy once it arrives.

Cmagus

This is tempting although I already have a 3DS ugh what to do..

KJA

I just talked to one of the FS Customer Representative's over the phone.

Super Mario 3D World is actually showing in-stock for me right now and she said that it SHOULD be shipped out by the end of the day. Of course, I don't expect it to receive it until next week due to this delay.

isny

napkin dispenser
My Future Shop Zelda order is out for delivery, so it'll arrive today, but Mario still has not shipped (but my credit card has been charged). I'm fine with just receiving Zelda today, and I'll probably pick up Mario over the weekend and return the second copy once it arrives.

Lucky. Mine is showing as Monday. I may just pick up a copy while out today and pull the return trick.

Lexxism

I just talked to one of the FS Customer Representative's over the phone.

Super Mario 3D World is actually showing in-stock for me right now and she said that it SHOULD be shipped out by the end of the day. Of course, I don't expect it to receive it until next week due to this delay.

Just buy one in-store and return the copy that you will get next week using the in-store receipt.

TheExodu5

Banned
Can someone explain to me why all the Futureshops were open for the Xbox One midnight launch and yet only 4 were open for the PS4 midnight launch? Just seems strange to me.

Top Bottom