• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

frequency

I was charged for Zelda but not Mario.

I won't get it until mid to late next week. It always takes at least 4 days for Canada Post to get to me because... I don't know.

FS/BB are so inconsistent. Sometimes they ship way early and I get it on time and other times on release day and other times way after release.

Super Mario 3D World/Link Between Worlds charged, but not shipped. I'm definitely not receiving them tomorrow which means I will be without them on the weekend of release. That saddens me. ~_~

Futureshop, why did you not start shipping these out sooner? Free shipping already takes between 2-3 days. *sigh*

I think this will be the last time I use them for game pre-orders, even with the E3 promotion. It's not worth the headache, to be honest.

It's never worth it, unless you live in the middle of nowhere and don't have options. There's 3 Future Shops, 3 Best Buys, 4 EB Games, 2 Wal-Marts, 6 SDMs, and a bunch of mom and pop shops within 15 minutes of where I live (in Toronto). I've never not found what I'm looking for on release day. Having said that, if I'm looking for an LE, I'll always preorder just in case.

Canon

Banned
Charged for Zelda, not 3D World.
Same.

I'm thinking of going out and buying 3D World and then using the copy I get in the mail next week to return it. But that might not work since they have different codes on the back of the box.... is this possible or do I have to wait?

balohna

I got charged for Zelda and Mario (least I think so... total was like $85 but didn't say what for).

Would be cool to come home to them tonight, but hoping for tomorrow and willing to accept Monday.

zroid

Banned
Same.

I'm thinking of going out and buying 3D World and then using the copy I get in the mail next week to return it. But that might not work since they have different codes on the back of the box.... is this possible or do I have to wait?

You'll be fine. I'm thinking of doing the same. Decided I'm too lazy to go out at midnight (and don't want to deal with a mob of Xbone buyers), but Best Buy opens at 8 am tomorrow and I will be there.

Canon

Banned
You'll be fine. I'm thinking of doing the same. Decided I'm too lazy to go out at midnight (and don't want to deal with a mob of Xbone buyers), but Best Buy opens at 8 am tomorrow and I will be there.
Yeah I just want to make sure I get to keep the $39 price I paid for it. So I can use the receipt for the full-priced game and return it with the sealed copy I get in the mail? Never did that before.

ghostofpedro

Neo Member
I was emailed the SDM coupon. Unfortunately I couldn't hold out any longer. I convinced the dudes at the Game Centre (Yonge & Charles) to sell me the new Zelda. Done deal. They also have the new Mario in stock but I am choosing to D/L that game at midnight. Both games aren't on display but are in stock. Be nice to the guys and they will hook you up.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Luckily, I think the Merivale ebgames didn't get nearly as many Xbone preorders as the PS4 (which had six pages of names and numbers). I should be able to drop in and pick up Tearaway without any trouble.

zroid

Banned
So the good news is Zelda shipped!

The bad news I still haven't been charged for Mario, like seemingly everyone else who pre-ordered it from FS/BB. :\

Just my luck the one game I wanted most of the three releasing tomorrow is the one I'm definitely not getting this week.

Xpite

Neo Member
Mario is one of my e3 preorders from futureshop too, and they haven't charged my credit card yet either. My Friday preorders never make it here till Monday or Tuesday late afternoon.

Sora_N

Wow good job Best Buy, finally charged me for my Zelda + 2 Treasure Boxes and shipped them.

I don't care about Zelda tbh, just want the Treasure Box. Zelda's a gift for my friend lol.

Lexxism

I just tried this last Tuesday and it worked. I noticed that every same game has the same bar code as evidence when I got two NBA 2k14 and NFS for PS4. No need to worry returning the game bought online using the in-store receipt. They will refund it.

canonj

My Zelda has shipped but still no charge for Mario. You'd think Future Shop would've wanted to ship the games together to save on postage, but nope!

balohna

Just got shipping notification for Zelda and Mario from Best Buy. Is getting them tomorrow hopeless? Burnaby BC here, in the past I got a few games from FS on launch day.

sikkinixx

Got the call that my Mario copy is in EBgames ready for pick up tomorrow (lol it'll be a bloodbath there tomorrow)

In the meantime, Purolator finally tried to deliver my ps4, 8 days after shipping, and the one day no one is home. Guess another day won't kill me (Fuuuuuuuuuuuu)

Roto13

I wonder how much trade in credit I could get for Call of Doggy from Game Centre here in Toronto. I'd rather go there than EB Games.

Spike

Just got off the phone with FutureShop. Seems that those of us who have not received confirmation for Mario have been placed on backorder!

I filed a complaint asking them to explain to me why I was on backorder when I placed the order on the first day it was available from them, while other people I know who placed orders within the past two weeks have received confirmation.

amrod

Just got off the phone with FutureShop. Seems that those of us who have not received confirmation for Mario have been placed on backorder!

I filed a complaint asking them to explain to me why I was on backorder when I placed the order on the first day it was available from them, while other people I know who placed orders within the past two weeks have received confirmation.

That happens to me too on some items... there way of picking out who / what to ship to is messed up!

balohna

Shit :\

I thought I got my notification, but that second one was actually for the Zelda music box...

I definitely placed a pre-order in like August. Seems shifty.

All that said, I do have a tracking number that doesn't work so maybe I am getting it but they just haven't emailed me yet.

TheExodu5

Banned

Wow...that is absurd. I mean I have other things to play in the meantime, but it's ridiculous that people who ordered later will be getting it before I do.

zroid

Banned

Wow. Backordered for a game I ordered in June. ;_;

Thanks for looking into it. I will definitely be picking up my copy in store tomorrow morning.

Guesong

What.

Well that cements my decision to go line up for the Xbone for the lottery and get SM3DWorld while I'm in there and return my shipped copy later.

Razdek

Banned
If it really bugs you then go check BB/FS/WM etc and buy them if they have them. Then return the copies that come in the mail with your receipt for the games you will have paid full price for.

Can you return unopened games to BB/FS/WM? My games haven't showed up and a friend told me they don't take back games even if they're not opened.

Gxgear

Can you return unopened games to BB/FS/WM? My games haven't showed up and a friend told me they don't take back games even if they're not opened.

You can return them as long as they remain factory sealed, along with the receipt/invoice/shipping label.

chrono01

Wow, sorry to hear about the backorder for Super Mario 3D World. It seems I got lucky.

Like so many others, I pre-ordered mine during the E3 promotion. I'm not sure how they handled the pre-orders, though.

HoJu

can I buy SM3D World tomorrow at gamestop or something, then next week return the unopened one I got from futureshop back to gamestop so I still get the game for $40?

would I be breaking any laws

frequency

I really hope the back order thing is just from a misinformed customer service representative. The game is still up for preorder on the site. If they were out of stock would it still be up like that?

-Deimos

can I buy SM3D World tomorrow at gamestop or something, then next week return the unopened one I got from futureshop back to gamestop so I still get the game for $40?

would I be breaking any laws

Police are tracking your ip as we speak.
j/k

They might check the serial on the receipt to see if it matches the console.

Top Bottom