• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Futureshop still hasn't charged my credit card for Mario. Is anyone else still waiting for a charge or shipment?
I'm still waiting too(Toronto). This throws a wrench in my plans because I have friends coming over on the weekend and we were planning on playing 3D World.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still waiting too(Toronto). This throws a wrench in my plans because I have friends coming over on the weekend and we were planning on playing 3D World.

Same here. Thank you, futureshop... :/

Oh yeah, my tracking finally updated to reflect the delivery date. Xpresspost with a expected delivery of tomorrow! I should have it by noon time... I think I'm coming down with a bit of something, so I think I should um... work from home...

Yeah...that sounds like a good idea to me...

Oh and my buddy passed by Heartland, and said the lineup wasn't that long at all. He said it was a third of what it was for the PS4. I was in that PS4 lineup, and it was 130 deep...

chrono01

Oh yeah, my tracking finally updated to reflect the delivery date. Xpresspost with a expected delivery of tomorrow! I should have it by noon time... I think I'm coming down with a bit of something, so I think I should um... work from home...

Yeah...that sounds like a good idea to me...

Oh and my buddy passed by Heartland, and said the lineup wasn't that long at all. He said it was a third of what it was for the PS4. I was in that PS4 lineup, and it was 130 deep...
Nice.

Was that standard shipping? My tracking hasn't been updated but a part of me is still hoping for it tomorrow. I live in Edmonton, AB, which isn't terribly far from BC.

I paid an extra $9.00 for expedited shipping. I'm pretty sure that I could have used ground, but this service is guaranteed 1 day service. I'm glad I did that when I originally pre ordered way back in June, because the PS4 launch was a mess for me.

chrono01

I paid an extra $9.00 for expedited shipping. I'm pretty sure that I could have used ground, but this service is guaranteed 1 day service. I'm glad I did that when I originally pre ordered way back in June, because the PS4 launch was a mess for me.
Thanks, that explains it.

I guess I'll expect it Monday/Tuesday just to be safe.

-Deimos

Mom called me on her way back from work and told me there's a lineup outside the Airport Futureshop in Brampton. Must've been a big line for her to notice, I'm surprised.

oh you...
Per population wise, IIRC, Nintendo had been selling a hell lot more than they should be compared to the US.

So, current status for all my shipments for tomorrow:
Best Buy
- Zelda (2 different orders) - Both confirmed shipped
- Mario - Nope
- Dead Rising - Shipped
- Forza Collectors - Nope

Amazon
- XBox - Wait, it launches today?

veras

For me it's:

FS - Zelda 3DS XL shipped, Forza and Dead Rising both billed but not shipped

Amazon - Xbox been on "Shipping Now" for 15+ hours or so, I don't get what's going on there

Mom called me on her way back from work and told me there's a lineup outside the Airport Futureshop in Brampton. Must've been a big line for her to notice, I'm surprised.

Im expecting a big fraction of those line ups are hoarders coming for a resale profit!

I picked a couple PS4s up for family members today off Kijiji, the guy had an ad since day one with huge stock that he updated on a daily basis to reflect the remaining stock, I went to buy them for $500 each and surprisingly he is I'm his thirties, lives in a house worth more then a million dollars in a nice neighbourhood, in other words he looks very good financially, and that was another reason my guys hated him more and more! Somehow I'd take it easily if he's a student or seems not too financially capable, oh well!

-Deimos

Im expecting a big fraction of those line ups are hoarders coming for a resale profit!

I picked a couple PS4s up for family members today off Kijiji, the guy had an ad since day one with huge stock that he updated on a daily basis to reflect the remaining stock, I went to buy them for $500 each and surprisingly he is I'm his thirties, lives in a house worth more then a million dollars in a nice neighbourhood, in other words he looks very good financially, and that was another reason my guys hated him more and more! Somehow I'd take it easily if he's a student or seems not too financially capable, oh well!

Yeah so apparently it was a lineup of around 100 people and the manager was saying that they only had 15 units. They were also giving away free T-shirts.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sorry to disturb the Xbone talk here, but....

Zelda went out for delivery yesterday... expected to arrive... Monday?!

I LIVE LIKE AN HOUR FROM THE DELIVERY WAREHOUSE.

I fully expect it to arrive tomorrow. All my futureshop deliveries so far have always only taken overnight...

Sorry to disturb the Xbone talk here, but....

Zelda went out for delivery yesterday... expected to arrive... Monday?!

I LIVE LIKE AN HOUR FROM THE DELIVERY WAREHOUSE.

I fully expect it to arrive tomorrow. All my futureshop deliveries so far have always only taken overnight...

It'll be here tomorrow. Pretty silly not to be. Don't read too much on delivery estimates. If its out for delivery, it'll be here.

Oh what the hell! Now my tracking information is stating that it's expecting to be delivered on the 25th?!? How in the hell is that expedited?!!? Has anyone's tracking here change like this on the fly?

Ugh I need to go to bed and stop refreshing this stupid tracking information, before I lose it!

Smiley90

It'll be here tomorrow. Pretty silly not to be. Don't read too much on delivery estimates. If its out for delivery, it'll be here.

It was picked up at 9.30pm today... but yeah, I still hope it's here tomorrow. Always has been, so I have a decent amount of faith in futureshop/canada post.

Crazy stock talk. I guess demand is all over the place. Here in Montreal I have a no money down preorder, even. Futureshop desperately just wants people to show up day one.

Isocr4cy

For those who live in Edmonton without an Xbox pre-order but still hoping to pick one up, I wouldn't waste time looking at Costco. I work at the one on 149th, and we're (along with the Claireview/Southside/St. Albert locations) only getting 4 units, with the store on the Henday getting 8, all of which I expect to be sold to employees the moment the doors open.

For those who live in Edmonton without an Xbox pre-order but still hoping to pick one up, I wouldn't waste time looking at Costco. I work at the one on 149th, and we're (along with the Claireview/Southside/St. Albert locations) only getting 4 units, with the store on the Henday getting 8, all of which I expect to be sold to employees the moment the doors open.

Is everyone getting this low units?

SupaNaab

EB gave my brother some sort of fast pass. Came at 10pm. 1st in fast pass line. Bought Super Mario World, the Mario and Luigi Wiimotes and the new 3DS Zelda. Mario is great.

Are there nunchucks to go with the wiimotes?

Smiley90

wait, how is this legal/decent procedure? :lol

Isocr4cy

Is everyone getting this low units?
It seems that most non-video game centric retailers are, yes. I'm personally sitting at the EB Games midnight launch atm, and there's like 60+ ppl here, with over 100 preorders for launch, going by what an employee was saying.

Gin

man.. cant find super mario anywhere.. i want it so bad ..

post-31652-Huell-pile-of-money-gif-YEAH-l-ZGbp.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No Xbones at the Shoppers in my area. Was hoping to use that 20% coupon too. lol

Also, it looks like Mario is listed as OOS at FS, so if you didn't get a shipment notice today, you probably aren't going to get it until they get their next shipment. So blerp.

Seik

Banned
I'm fucking livid. I pre-ordered Mario 3D World back then during the E3 deal. I usually get the games during launch day or sometimes even a day before.

But now...shit isn't even fucking SHIPPED....

XCebOxH.png

HNNNNNNNNNNNG.

Anth0ny

Crazy, my 3D World isn't shipped either. Ordered during E3. I always get shit from Future Shop day one, too.

There would have been hell to pay if I wasn't playing Zelda right now.

jcutner

My Forza LE that never got billed or shipped (but ordered on Aug 22nd) via BestBuy.ca just switched to....

Item Status:
Out of Stock

Seik

Banned
What the fuck, so they didn't have enough to honor all the pre-orders for launch...shit must have sold like crazy. o_O

Even Forza, wow.

Tagg9

Haha, I only just received the PS4 I ordered from EB Games. Useless bastards. Thank god I also ordered one from Future Shop or I would have gone stir crazy waiting for it.

torontoml

My Forza LE that never got billed or shipped (but ordered on Aug 22nd) via BestBuy.ca just switched to....

Item Status:
Out of Stock
Just an FYI, my futureshop order of killzone showed out of stock even after it had shipped. Could be a similar situation or you got shit luck. Sorry.

Spike

Just want to give a special FU to Canada Post. Just looked at the status of Zelda 3DS and it now says as delivery on the 25th after being the 22nd for hours!

Top Bottom