• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Omlagus

I ain't paying $200 for a calibration, that's how much I spent on the damn thing. XD

And you can't get into the innards proper without risking damage from not knowing what you're doing which I don't, the basic menu will only get you so far.

As others have noted your best bet is to either get the Disney WOW disc or the HD709 disc from AVS Forum which is free. Or if you have a blu-ray that has the THX optimizer on it already, that would be another option.

FS/BB charge $100 if you buy a new tv from them. And the quality of the work will vary widely. An ISF or THX certified calibrator will charge a minimum of $250 for the job, and it would take a good 3+ hours. There is a lot that is involved in the process.

Honestly though, not every TV has all the possible controls to do a full calibration, regardless of whether you go in the service menu or not. Get one of the disc options mentioned, set Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Colour and Tint and leave it at that. You can't properly adjust greyscale, gamma or colour by eye anyway.

Gritesh

Yeah, haha.

Ive got a little honda Prelude, and Im too fucking lazy to get my winter tyres put on, so pretty much any snow gets me stuck in these summer tyres, haha.

I can usually wiggle myself out, but I dont think I would have gotten anywhere without his help.

Haha not a problem man.

Returners

Why do I need to pay for shipping on returns to Amazon because of some other retailer having a better price?

Can I get that charge reimbursed?

Tapejara

Ugh, Aksys is really starting to piss me off. Sorcery Saga launches on December 10th and the game still isn't up for pre-order at any major Canadian retailers - despite Aksys saying to stay tuned for almost a month now. I emailed them about it and got this reply (can't post a screenshot of the email because in on mobile):

Here are few retailers that should be carrying the game in Canada:

THE BASEMENT    NIAGARA FALLS  ONTARIO  905-351-7133
P MARKET GAMING & TRADE CENTER    BELLEVILLE     ONTARIO    613-962-6959
LOCA-JEUX PLUS INC.    GRANBY    QUEBEC    450-372-7547

But if you're too far from any of those places, you can just go to the nearest video game independent retailer and ask to the owner to call Importel 800-871-4671 to order the game.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Aksys Games Support

Seriously,three retailers? Looks like I have to keep my order with Amazon.com. Just feels like they're totally ignoring their Canadian fanbase. Least they could do is tell us if Amazon/EB/etc are getting the game in, especially so close to launch.

/rant

Well, in good news, my Ys: Celceta LE shipped!

frequency

Got my little musical Zelda chest today, but no game.

The chest was packaged hilariously, in one of those cardboard envelopes - but it was too fat as a result to close, so they just wrapped it in elastic bands to keep it shut.

Mine came with the game in a bubble mailer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, Aksys is really starting to piss me off. Sorcery Saga launches on December 10th and the game still isn't up for pre-order at any major Canadian retailers - despite Aksys saying to stay tuned for almost a month now. I emailed them about it and got this reply (can't post a screenshot of the email because in on mobile):

Seriously,three retailers? Looks like I have to keep my order with Amazon.com. Just feels like they're totally ignoring their Canadian fanbase. Least they could do is tell us if Amazon/EB/etc are getting the game in, especially so close to launch.

/rant

Well, in good news, my Ys: Celceta LE shipped!

Companies seem to be having a hard time getting the big retailers to carry their games at the moment. Even EB seems to be out of the super niche game... game.

frequency

Companies seem to be having a hard time getting the big retailers to carry their games at the moment. Even EB seems to be out of the super niche game... game.

Yeah I wouldn't blame Aksys here. Hometown Story was another recent one (Natsume) that EBGames rejected. They had expected and planned for it to be released through there in Canada with a pre-order bonus plush even. But EBGames decided no.

VGP will have it if you trust them after what happened with the hack. They had Hometown Story too. But they don't go through the regular channels to get their stock. A Natsume representative expressed surprise that they were stocking it and had no idea where they were getting it from. I assume this is also why Aksys never mentioned them as getting it in that email.

Luigi87

aaaww yeah amazon shipped my Zelda guides box set! Hope I get it tomorrow.\

edit: shipped by UPS... :*(

Likewise.
Thank god I'm actually off tomorrow, because ugh, UPS. My most hated of services...

I also did not realize it was shipping out this month, so there goes $100, lol, woops!

Some people on RFD claiming that their shop.ca PS4 killzone bundle NOV 7. Preorder status changed to items in transit, anyone here?

Mines still on shipping soon.

Gaming deals for the Shoppers bonus redemption on Sat/Sun:

3DS XL $160
LoZ Link between Worlds $35
Pokemon X/Y $35
Mario & Luigi Wii U Deluxe $290
Mario 3D World $55

Also deals on old Xbox 360 and PS3 stuff if anyone still cares.

The redemption levels are $210/95000, $105/50000, or $70/38000 points.

Not a bad price for the 3DS XL.

amrod

anyone else not have there FS Xbox one games ship yet? Preordered back in JUNE on the e3 special and still waiting for them to charge CC and ship

Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition
Ryse Son of Rome (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition
Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)

Gerbs

Neo Member
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ca-en/store-credit2

Canada spend 60 get 10 back on Sony Entertainment Network.

Promotion is available to legal Canada residents with a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account who are 18 or older and who have spent $60.00 CAD or more using the SEN Wallet between November 26th, 2013 and December 3rd, 2013.
Does this mean I can buy SEN cards at retail stores, redeem and then spend that cash in my wallet on something and still be eligible for this promo? Or do I need to add funds to my wallet right from a credit card?

kaiyo

Does this mean I can buy SEN cards at retail stores, redeem and then spend that cash in my wallet on something and still be eligible for this promo? Or do I need to add funds to my wallet right from a credit card?

You can use psn cards, paypal, or use credit card as long as you buy something from SEN store

stack it with the paypal 5% cashback =D

Madness

You guys think it's worth getting that Zelda 3DS bundle? Wal-Mart had it for $199, I was thinking of getting it PM'ed from Future Shop. Link to the Past is probably my favorite game of all-time. Don't know what else I'll play on 3DS though. Or is it better getting a regular 3DS XL and picking up the game?

Tapejara

Yeah I wouldn't blame Aksys here. Hometown Story was another recent one (Natsume) that EBGames rejected. They had expected and planned for it to be released through there in Canada with a pre-order bonus plush even. But EBGames decided no.

Ah okay, thanks for the info guys. I guess most of my frustration comes from Aksys' silence on the matter; but if it's an issue with retailers I assume there must be a reason they aren't saying anything.

Guess it's just out of their hands :(.

You can use psn cards, paypal, or use credit card as long as you buy something from SEN store

stack it with the paypal 5% cashback =D
5% paypal cashback?

Also, does anyone know of any Vita Black Friday deals? So far all I've seen is London Drugs offering it for $20 off.

zroid

Banned
Likewise.
Thank god I'm actually off tomorrow, because ugh, UPS. My most hated of services...

I also did not realize it was shipping out this month, so there goes $100, lol, woops!
Haha I know. I didn't even buy a new console yet and I'm STILL being sucked dry by this dang month!

Razdek

Banned
anyone else not have there FS Xbox one games ship yet? Preordered back in JUNE on the e3 special and still waiting for them to charge CC and ship

Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition
Ryse Son of Rome (Xbox One) - Day 1 Edition
Tearaway (PlayStation Vita)

Same here and it's getting ridiculous. I contacted customer service and they said the games were back ordered which I don't believe for one second.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You guys think it's worth getting that Zelda 3DS bundle? Wal-Mart had it for $199, I was thinking of getting it PM'ed from Future Shop. Link to the Past is probably my favorite game of all-time. Don't know what else I'll play on 3DS though. Or is it better getting a regular 3DS XL and picking up the game?
I'm not you so I can't say if it's worth it to you but I love mine. I got it from FS with a PM against Walmart. I sold the ALBW code for $30 and kept my physical copy from BB that came with the treasure chest.

JT30D2k.jpg
hIes0gC.jpg

YU5CeGY.jpg
H0DylJq.jpg

5% paypal cashback?
From an email I got:
Hello XXXX,
In the spirit of the season, we’d like to share a little holiday spice.
Starting November 26th, 2013, make one purchase with PayPal and get 5% cash back on every additional purchase you make with PayPal until December 3, 2013. We’ll transfer your cash right into your PayPal account.
I guess you can check the PayPal site for more details.

Madness

I'm not you so I can't say if it's worth it to you but I love mine. I got it from FS with a PM against Walmart. I sold the ALBW code for $30 and kept my physical copy from BB that came with the treasure chest.

From an email I got:
I guess you can check the PayPal site for more details.

That does look beautiful. I only want it because of A Link Between Worlds, but I wonder if I should just buy a regular 3DS XL in black and then buy the game separately. How did you sell the "code", craigslist?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That does look beautiful. I only want it because of A Link Between Worlds, but I wonder if I should just buy a regular 3DS XL in black and then buy the game separately. How did you sell the "code", craigslist?
Sold it here in this thread.

Madness

Sold it here in this thread.

Ah, thanks for that. I don't have any kind of paypal or anything set up. If I end up buying this today, I'll probably just put the code up for like $20 on craigslist, try and sell it quick and buy the physical case version.

zroid

Banned
I would be the first one in line if our Targets were selling it for $150.

In other news, Zelda guides delivered! They were packed well by Amazon (which is a pleasant surprise from how they usually pack my stuff), and looks to be in solid condition.

Top Bottom