• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Luigi87

In case anyone wasn't aware, Kid Icarus Uprising is among the clearance at Target now if you can find it. $11.99
My store has five copies, but they're all in the backroom because no one in Electronics has set them on the floor -_- (clearance isn't supposed to be backstocked)

isny

napkin dispenser
Some of FS/BB Black Friday Deals:

Dream Team - $30
DKCR 3D - $25
Animal Crossing: NL - $25
Tomb Raider - $15
FFXIV - $15
Tales of Xillia - $30
KH 1.5 - $20
Metro Last Light - $20
Ico and SOTC HD - $10

More can be found here:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/future-shop-best-buy-1412155/2/ (page 2 of that thread I just linked above) I somehow missed it earlier.

$14.99 for Starcraft HOTS? Damn, and I've barely even played since I bought it for $19.99 back in September, oh well.

Bear

I usually don't buy anything on Black Friday, but my monitor just died and I need a replacement. Aside from Amazon, are there any sites in particular I should keep an eye on?

daftstar

In case anyone wasn't aware, Kid Icarus Uprising is among the clearance at Target now if you can find it. $11.99
My store has five copies, but they're all in the backroom because no one in Electronics has set them on the floor -_- (clearance isn't supposed to be backstocked)

Damn! Going to my local Target tmrw. But do I ask them to check in the back if it's not on the shelves? Not sure how they'll respond though.

Luigi87

Damn! Going to my local Target tmrw. But do I ask them to check in the back if it's not on the shelves? Not sure how they'll respond though.

You can still try asking. They should be able to check the computer for the article number to look up on the PDA.

daftstar

You can still try asking. They should be able to check the computer for the article number to look up on the PDA.

Yea I'll ask for sure. That game gets a lot of love here and I could expand my 3DS library + that price is a steal.

Now to wait for those EB Games deals.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Ebates.ca is legit, I got paid for my first purchase at shop.ca, I got $29 paid to my Paypal, no hassle!
Now waiting for the next payout of $100 for that PS4 bundle!

-Deimos

My Sunday night order from Shop.ca arrived this morning (Tuesday). Not sure why other people are having trouble, I guess I'm just lucky. I just hope it doesn't wear off for my PS4 order.

My Sunday night order from Shop.ca arrived this morning (Tuesday). Not sure why other people are having trouble, I guess I'm just lucky. I just hope it doesn't wear off for my PS4 order.

Their biggest issue shows up when you need real customer service, even for simple tasks like returns and exchanges! These processes are not streamlined and it gets really frustrating! Just wish you don't need any of that!

khaaan

Really? Any idea who?

Edit: I see Best Buy has 'em for $169 which is sorta decent and a few others have them on for $179. Kinda weak for Black Friday though.

$179 is the price I paid for the Vita (standalone system, no game/memory card) at Futureshop on the day the drop was announced.

Seville

Are there any 3DSXL or Vita deals from EBGAMES? I have $120 credit and was looking to spend it on either system. Hopefully there is one.

XOMTOR

$179 is the price I paid for the Vita (standalone system, no game/memory card) at Futureshop on the day the drop was announced.

Yea, I believe Vita goes on sale for $179 from time to time. I think Shoppers had them on for that a few weeks back. Really needs to be $150 for Black Friday to get any amount of decent sales this holiday. I guess Amazon in the US has them on for that according to firehawk12 so hopefully that translates to some additional sales for the system.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not really a deal, but there's an email that Nintendo sent out where you can get a free Wii Fit Meter if you go to one of these locations listed here on specific dates:
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/de...&lang=en&om_rid=AAPwl2&om_mid=_BSk9n1B82uaALS

You may want to look for the email, because you need it to claim the meter if you're interested in getting one. It's also only on four dates, even though that site lists all the dates of the demos. The email says the first 10 people there get one.

ohlawd

what in the hell.

I preordered Ys Memories of whatever Super Ultra Turbo Edition from BB and it says it sold out ;_; They're just fucking with me, aren't they? I preordered back when it said they had 11 copies left.

what in the hell.

I preordered Ys Memories of whatever Super Ultra Turbo Edition from BB and it says it sold out ;_; They're just fucking with me, aren't they? I preordered back when it said they had 11 copies left.

Its sold out but your order should be fine. Release date was pushed back for the LE, Amazon and EB also haven't receive their shipment yet.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
oh, really...

well, I don't care that much, but I'm also not in any hurry to buy that game so... I could probably wait for a next gen version.

If you have other games to play and have PS+ I'd say wait it out. Its pretty much guaranteed to be on PS+ in a few months. Fantastic game though, besides a few flaws I really don't think it deserves all the hate it gets.

k guess I'll take your word for it. As long as I get it eventually then I'm good. I don't even have a Vita yet.

It was? VideoGamesPlus says they shipped mine out today, I should be getting it tomorrow. My Best Buy order also shows out of stock at the moment, though I've seen that before--it doesn't necessarily mean out of stock permanently.

Ever since Amazon.ca unceremoniously dumped my pre-order, though, I've been taking no chances with this one. Until I have that Ys LE box in my grubby little hands I'm keeping my Best Buy order. Hopefully BB is better at keeping their word than Amazon, it looks like a really sweet LE package!

Top Bottom