• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Got Lego City (Wii U) for 14.88 at Shoppers (Pharmaprix) and TLOU for 10.49 at FS (they pricematched Shoppers and gave me the 10% discount)

Prety good day overall. On friday I also got ME Trilogy on PS3 for 12$ and TTT2 WiiU for 6$ at target

So glad target got here :p

how do i get them to price match shoppers?

Lexxism

Called the store, they confirmed price and stock, so they price matched

Hmmm. I think that totally depends on the CSR. I tried doing this with $100 Vita last month but they wouldn't me because it wasn't advertised in their flyers or site but I'll try later anyway.

Fularu

Banned
Hmmm. I think that totally depends on the CSR. I tried doing this with $100 Vita last month but they wouldn't me because it wasn't advertised in their flyers or site but I'll try later anyway.

When there's no flyer or price online, they HAVE to call the store to confirm price and stock. It's part of their policy, not every deal is advertised.

If they are giving you trouble, ask to speak with the manager.

Razdek

Banned
Has anyone gotten their E3 preorder games shipped yet? I ordered Dead Rising 3 and Ryse and it says In Progress still. I emailed them and they were out of stock which seems like a bunch of BS to me.

veras

Has anyone gotten their E3 preorder games shipped yet? I ordered Dead Rising 3 and Ryse and it says In Progress still. I emailed them and they were out of stock which seems like a bunch of BS to me.

Yeah, my DR3 and FM5 shipped from FS on Friday and the tracking shows them out for delivery right now (Toronto).

ohlawd

Is that the best 360 deal I can expect for BF from any retailer?

snap Target's giving out a 40 dollar gift card when you buy their 4 gig 360.

Fixed that for you, this is the same deal that US Walmart is throwing out too.

Thanks. I saw it was the 2DS, I was thinking it was the 2DS...and, of course, I wrote 3DS.

Also, if anyone is wondering, here's the Target flyer. $150 for the Luigi's Mansion 3DS bundle (plus a $15 gift card), $180 for a PS3 NHL 14 bundle (plus $15 gift card), and the aforementioned $130 4GB Xbox with $40 gift card.

krae_man

Still no shipping notice for Mario or Zelda. I phoned yesterday to complain and all the dude would say is "Yes I understand that every single game you have ever preordered from us has at least been in the mail on release date, this one hasn't yet and I don't know why but it should go out soon".

Useless.

lupinko

Thanks. I saw it was the 2DS, I was thinking it was the 2DS...and, of course, I wrote 3DS.

Also, if anyone is wondering, here's the Target flyer. $150 for the Luigi's Mansion 3DS bundle (plus a $15 gift card), $180 for a PS3 NHL 14 bundle (plus $15 gift card), and the aforementioned $130 4GB Xbox with $40 gift card.

That Luigi's Mansion bundle is a lot better than the 2DS deal, 3DS XL > 3DS > 2DS.

DJ_Lae

Got my little musical Zelda chest today, but no game.

The chest was packaged hilariously, in one of those cardboard envelopes - but it was too fat as a result to close, so they just wrapped it in elastic bands to keep it shut.

Anyone in Edmonton have any of the next-gen consoles for sale? Few of my friends want it and my best friend who is also a gaffer wants me to ship it all the way to Trinidad.

Let me know guys, thanks. I shouldn't have cancelled my Amazon pre-order.

Palehorse

Got my little musical Zelda chest today, but no game.

The chest was packaged hilariously, in one of those cardboard envelopes - but it was too fat as a result to close, so they just wrapped it in elastic bands to keep it shut.

Supremely jealous on that chest. Looking on ebay they are going for $50+, but that's the kind of swag I get a serious HHNNNnnnggg for.

Edit: Which retailer was giving out the chest in Canada?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Supremely jealous on that chest. Looking on ebay they are going for $50+, but that's the kind of swag I get a serious HHNNNnnnggg for.

Edit: Which retailer was giving out the chest in Canada?
Best Buy with pre-orders at the end of October.

KarmaCow

That Wii U Bundle is tempting but $250 is a lot to drop with the Steam sale(s) coming up. You need Wiimote+ for multiplayer games right?

Jinto

Just got Zelda and the treasure chest in the mail. Since I have the physical copy, I have no use for the download code that came with my 3ds anymore. If there is anyone in here who still hasn't bought the game or has it coming in the mail wants it, let me know.

Sajjaja

Just got Zelda and the treasure chest in the mail. Since I have the physical copy, I have no use for the download code that came with my 3ds anymore. If there is anyone in here who still hasn't bought the game or has it coming in the mail wants it, let me know.

If it's free, can I have it?

Yawnier

Banned
it's been 10 days since AC4 was released, shouldn't it be $40 by now?

I would wait for EB Games, FS, and BB Black Friday flyers to leak. You never know :p Ubi games tend to drop in price fairly quick.

Edit: Wait, Wal-Mart has it for $39 on Black Friday (it shows the PS3 case, so not sure if it includes next gen versions of it as well)

frequency

Still no shipping notice for Mario or Zelda. I phoned yesterday to complain and all the dude would say is "Yes I understand that every single game you have ever preordered from us has at least been in the mail on release date, this one hasn't yet and I don't know why but it should go out soon".

Useless.

Same for me. But in my case, they authorized on Nov 21 but now the authorization on my credit card disappeared completely.

I tried to talk to them about it today and got to 3 different people who keep telling me different things. Someone saying it's in the shipping process, another saying they're waiting for payment, and yet another telling me to wait 3 business days.

Future Shop was doing so well with early shipping... They got Tearaway to me on time and that releases same day. I'm so sad right now.

(Note: I know an option is to buy now and return later when the shipment comes but that would require 2 cold winter trips I have to bother someone about since I have no transportation)

Man there's no Wii U games deals going around. Damn, got to keep looking. Want to add some 3rd party games (since Nintendo games don't really drop in price).

Top Bottom