• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

IllumiNate

Used my Shoppers 30% off code and brought my $160 bill down to $120 then received 19,000 points to go along with it.
Contemplating grabbing some XB1 exclusives and controller with the 25% coupon and getting even more points

Also shoppers has a bunch of games for $19.99 most the games that were $14.99 yesterday.
Games such as
Lego City Underwhatever
Mario Galaxy 2
Gears Judgement
Halo Anniversary
Cod Blops 2
Most 3rd party WiiU games
Injustice
Ect....

krae_man

Same for me. But in my case, they authorized on Nov 21 but now the authorization on my credit card disappeared completely.

I tried to talk to them about it today and got to 3 different people who keep telling me different things. Someone saying it's in the shipping process, another saying they're waiting for payment, and yet another telling me to wait 3 business days.

Future Shop was doing so well with early shipping... They got Tearaway to me on time and that releases same day. I'm so sad right now.

(Note: I know an option is to buy now and return later when the shipment comes but that would require 2 cold winter trips I have to bother someone about since I have no transportation)

Huh, mine was in my mailbox when I got home even though I haven't got a shipping notice and the website still says in progress.

Gritesh

So what do you guys think are the odds of me finding an Xbox for sale somewhere here in Edmonton?

I have one Ill sell you.

I have the receipt and everything, its unopened too.

I bought it thinking I might want to keep it but I've changed my mind.

Edit: Also Canadian Gaffers add me to PSN

I have Killzone, Need for Speed, Marvel Superhero's, and Assasins Creed. I want to pick up battlefield and or COD as well.
PSN name is Gritesh.

frequency

Huh, mine was in my mailbox when I got home even though I haven't got a shipping notice and the website still says in progress.

I am so jealous.

My order had problems I think.

I had Zelda on the same order. I requested they cancel Zelda because I wanted the music box thing from Best Buy. I got a confirmation email of cancellation the same day (Nov 14) but no email from a customer service representative.

Nov 21 I was charged for Mario but no shipment notice and the website never updated with a tracking number.

On Nov 23 I finally got a CSR email about my Zelda cancellation. But they said "your order has been cancelled." I emailed them back saying I explicitly said I wanted to keep Mario so don't cancel the entire order. I got a response saying Mario was not cancelled and would ship soon.

I noticed yesterday that the authorization charge for Mario had disappeared but it didn't appear in my charges. This never happens unless the authorization is withdrawn or whatever.

Since then I have been going back and forth with customer service to confirm the status of my order, which is still sitting there unshipped and now uncharged.

IllumiNate

I have one Ill sell you.

I have Killzone, Need for Speed, Marvel Superhero's, and Assasins Creed. I want to pick up battlefield and or COD as well.
PSN name is Gritesh.

If not I'll take it! I'll pay for the shipping to Fort Mac if possible. Thanks

Ondore

So it turns out my 3D World and Link Between Worlds shipped over the weekend but I just got the tracking number about 15 minutes ago.

Not going to see it until at least Thursday. The anticipation is killing me.

trixx

Got my little musical Zelda chest today, but no game.

The chest was packaged hilariously, in one of those cardboard envelopes - but it was too fat as a result to close, so they just wrapped it in elastic bands to keep it shut.

was the preorder bonus for just the game or do you get it with the LE handheld as well?

espher

Not directly gaming related, but I'm in the market for a Surface Pro. Any word of sales over the U.S. holiday (I'm expecting something more for Cyber Monday)? I can't seem to get RFD to load so I can't cruise flyers.

-Deimos

Not directly gaming related, but I'm in the market for a Surface Pro. Any word of sales over the U.S. holiday (I'm expecting something more for Cyber Monday)? I can't seem to get RFD to load so I can't cruise flyers.

I'm looking for one too, but they're all so expensive. There's a 10% off student deal at the microsoft store but it's still out of my price range.

Anyone in Toronto know where I can get a good HDTV calibration done for cheap? I thought it was $50 at FS, but it's $300. o_O My memory must've been foggy, then again I was recalling back to 2006-2008.

Jachaos

So I carry my PS4 quite a bit between two places I live - around twice a week in my backpack. I want to get an extended warranty just to make sure in case something goes wrong. I see the one on PSN store right now and it's really tempting. What are the pros and cons ? Am I better off at Future Shop or EB Games ?

I have one Ill sell you.

PSN name is Gritesh.

Sorry man looks like Ray spencer is coming to get it tonight.

Huzzah!

Thank you again very much, I cant wait to hook this thing up.

Also, a big super thanks for pushing me out after I embarrassingly got my car stuck, haha.

A++ would buy from again!

Couldn't help but laugh lol.

Yeah, haha.

Ive got a little honda Prelude, and Im too fucking lazy to get my winter tyres put on, so pretty much any snow gets me stuck in these summer tyres, haha.

I can usually wiggle myself out, but I dont think I would have gotten anywhere without his help.

Grimsen

I think i'm going to take advantage of that futureshop trade-for-40$ deal for PS4 games sooner than I expected. I already finished Knack, and can't stomach to continue Killzone past chapter 7.

They're going to fund the Zelda 3ds xl I'm ogling.

Anyone in Toronto know where I can get a good HDTV calibration done for cheap? I thought it was $50 at FS, but it's $300. o_O My memory must've been foggy, then again I was recalling back to 2006-2008.

Have you checked AV forums? I'd bet really good money that their calibrations would beat out FS's. And they're free. People list their settings for different models. Try having a look!

In other news, does anyone have an extra new copy of The Last of Us that they picked up from SDM for $20 that they'd be willing to sell?

Have you checked AV forums? I'd bet really good money that their calibrations would beat out FS's. And they're free. People list their settings for different models. Try having a look!

In other news, does anyone have an extra new copy of The Last of Us that they picked up from SDM for $20 that they'd be willing to sell?

Sadly my TV is really limited in options and I've tried some test pics via USB key. It's a 32" Philips 720p HDTV.

I'm mostly going by my Wii U GamePad to try to make the TV look as close as possible to the GamePad, but some colors are right but others are SLIGHTLY off.

I want someone to do a professional job of editing the nooks and crannies of the thing to get it perfect. But I doubt I can get that done cheap. :(

I don't know of any cedia professional certification calibrator, that charges that cheap for their services. It's a lot of work that goes into it (plus the gear needed). Generally it's $200+ depending on what type of set they are doing.

I've had three of my TV's, and projector done in my home done by a good friend of mine who does it on the regular (and is CEDIA certified).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sadly my TV is really limited in options and I've tried some test pics via USB key. It's a 32" Philips 720p HDTV.

I'm mostly going by my Wii U GamePad to try to make the TV look as close as possible to the GamePad, but some colors are right but others are SLIGHTLY off.

I want someone to do a professional job of editing the nooks and crannies of the thing to get it perfect. But I doubt I can get that done cheap. :(
You want it to look like the Wii U gamepad? That thing looks like shit compared to my TV. I wish I could calibrate the gamepad.

Haines

Banned
Yeah actually at Shoppers, tomorrow. Buy an XB1 game and $15 of misc items and get 18,500 points which =$25 or more on bonus days

Thats not half bad, but I would have to drive 30 minutes to get to a Shoppers with X1 games. I will check the one in town but I doubt it.

Thanks tho.

IndustryX

I think i'm going to take advantage of that futureshop trade-for-40$ deal for PS4 games sooner than I expected. I already finished Knack, and can't stomach to continue Killzone past chapter 7.

They're going to fund the Zelda 3ds xl I'm ogling.

Contemplating doing the exact same thing with Ghosts.

IndustryX

Why would you pay someone equal price of your TV's worth (A bit of an exaggeration) just for a calibration that is fairly simple to do.

Why would you pay someone equal price of your TV's worth (A bit of an exaggeration) just for a calibration that is fairly simple to do.

I ain't paying $200 for a calibration, that's how much I spent on the damn thing. XD

And you can't get into the innards proper without risking damage from not knowing what you're doing which I don't, the basic menu will only get you so far.

Joeku

Black Friday isn't looking so hot video game-wise in Canada.

We may have co-opted the name, but not the deals.

Target's recent B2G1 is looking far better than anything they're doing for Black Friday.

Jinto

I would suggest buying a calibration disc. My friend calibrated 3 of my TV's with the Disney WOW disc, and they all look great. You can get them for under $50. Plus, you can use it on any other tv you own now, or plan on owning any time soon.

hookurs

Are there any plans for a Super Mario 3D World (the brand new one) bundle for the Wii U in North America?

I've been googling and I can't find word anywhere.

Wow, looking at the RFD link to the Walmart Black Friday flyer on the previous page of the thread, I can see it's going to be an expensive Black Friday for me... need a couple PS3s for the kids for Christmas, a couple iPads for my Mom and myself, and I'll grab a 2DS at $99 as well... probably gonna cost me $1500 to walk through that door on Friday...

No_Style

I would suggest buying a calibration disc. My friend calibrated 3 of my TV's with the Disney WOW disc, and they all look great. You can get them for under $50. Plus, you can use it on any other tv you own now, or plan on owning any time soon.

I just got the 1 disc version of that from Amazon.ca for less than $25. Fantastic & easy to use. Just make sure you use the Advanced menu calibration patterns.

Lexxism

I wonder what kind of proof you need to show for something like that.

Just go to any FS/BB store and say you want to want to price match this at walmart.ca. But since the item is out of stock, they will not let you price match it though it will totally depends on the csr.

iphys

Gaming deals for the Shoppers bonus redemption on Sat/Sun:

3DS XL $160
LoZ Link between Worlds $35
Pokemon X/Y $35
Mario & Luigi Wii U Deluxe $290
Mario 3D World $55

Also deals on old Xbox 360 and PS3 stuff if anyone still cares.

The redemption levels are $210/95000, $105/50000, or $70/38000 points.

Top Bottom